Where to start?

Hey, I’m Anti!

I was playing Destiny a lot and it is my first shooter and first console game gamepad, also I’m over 30 and games just a hobby to relax.
After 2500+ hours in Destiny PvP, I’m tired of this game and i think i did everything i could. Week ago a bought Xbox One S, Halo 5 and Elite controller.
So I’ve played company, got the mechanics, weapons, movement. And started to play PvP casually. And I’ve been destroyed. Destroyed very hard.
Main issue is the lack of Radar, small radius and another time to kill, less aim assist. And other minor things like i don’t know maps, traffic areas etc.
But I’m ready to improve. Basic things which i understand. I need info how to start play this game in basic.
Where to move, how navigate without radar etc. etc.
I appreciate any information, articles, videos. Maybe you could advice some good you tubers, streamers whom i should watch.

You got basic controls down. Good
Yes we know if you come from any other fps. To halo you get stomped on, and no a few matches want fix this.
If you go from halo to other fps you dominate. I stopped playing destiny because I was getting k/d of 20+ all the time in deathmatch.

Play ranked. Move with a buddy. Stay at least 10m away from them.when they shoot you shoot. That will help you get kills.

For movement you need to know where your team is at all times and never stray away. If you know the maps this will basicaly tell you where the enemy is. Then its an easy flank.

> 2535422303204529;1:
> Hey, I’m Anti!
>
> I was playing Destiny a lot and it is my first shooter and first console game gamepad, also I’m over 30 and games just a hobby to relax.
> After 2500+ hours in Destiny PvP, I’m tired of this game and i thing i did everything i could. Week ago a bought Xbox One S, Halo 5 and Elite controller.
> So I’ve played company, got the mechanics, weapons, movement. And started to play PvP casually. And I’ve been destroyed. Destroyed very hard.
> Main issue is the lack of Radar, small radius and another time to kill, less aim assist. And other minor things like i don’t know maps, traffic areas etc.
> But I’m ready to improve. Basic things which i understand. I need info how to start play this game in basic.
> Where to move, how navigate without radar etc. etc.
> I appreciate any information, articles, videos. Maybe you could advice some good you tubers, streamers whom i should watch.

Play Social Playlists and Heroic Warzone Firefight for awhile then once you get some practice in feel free to go to rank but beware thats why tryhards go and also look up LukeThe Notable on Youtube, also most people say start from bronze to silver to gold packs in order but i started with silver then gold and i think i got most armor and everything pretty fast and if ur looking for most req points per hour, either play Swat, Legendairy Warzone Firefight, or Warzone Assault

Welcome to Halo! It can be rough at the beginning, but once you understand the maps and get used to the mechanics it is a ton of fun.
A good YouTuber you could watch would be Proximitty for good competitive play. Watching his videos should help you with understanding power positions on maps, and some cool jumps.
Another one is LukeTheNotable. He has a lot of general tips to improve your game. Hope they can help you!

> 2535422303204529;1:
> Hey, I’m Anti!
>
> I was playing Destiny a lot and it is my first shooter and first console game gamepad, also I’m over 30 and games just a hobby to relax.
> After 2500+ hours in Destiny PvP, I’m tired of this game and i thing i did everything i could. Week ago a bought Xbox One S, Halo 5 and Elite controller.
> So I’ve played company, got the mechanics, weapons, movement. And started to play PvP casually. And I’ve been destroyed. Destroyed very hard.
> Main issue is the lack of Radar, small radius and another time to kill, less aim assist. And other minor things like i don’t know maps, traffic areas etc.
> But I’m ready to improve. Basic things which i understand. I need info how to start play this game in basic.
> Where to move, how navigate without radar etc. etc.
> I appreciate any information, articles, videos. Maybe you could advice some good you tubers, streamers whom i should watch.

You may also find these tips useful. :relaxed:

> 2533274870591903;2:
> You got basic controls down. Good
> Yes we know if you come from any other fps. To halo you get stomped on, and no a few matches want fix this.
> If you go from halo to other fps you dominate. I stopped playing destiny because I was getting k/d of 20+ all the time in deathmatch.
>
> Play ranked. Move with a buddy. Stay at least 10m away from them.when they shoot you shoot. That will help you get kills.
>
> For movement you need to know where your team is at all times and never stray away. If you know the maps this will basicaly tell you where the enemy is. Then its an easy flank.

Thanks!

Yes, after some matches in Halo i jump to Destiny for a few games and dominate more. If you got from D to H you suck and dominate backwards. No doubts.
I understood already that with such TTK there are lot of team shooting. You need to control map, control power weapons. I try to stay closer to my teammates as you said.
And maps has a lot of verticality and different object, i watched some stream and saw how people move around the map.

> 2533274870717152;5:
> > 2535422303204529;1:
> > Hey, I’m Anti!
> >
> > I was playing Destiny a lot and it is my first shooter and first console game gamepad, also I’m over 30 and games just a hobby to relax.
> > After 2500+ hours in Destiny PvP, I’m tired of this game and i thing i did everything i could. Week ago a bought Xbox One S, Halo 5 and Elite controller.
> > So I’ve played company, got the mechanics, weapons, movement. And started to play PvP casually. And I’ve been destroyed. Destroyed very hard.
> > Main issue is the lack of Radar, small radius and another time to kill, less aim assist. And other minor things like i don’t know maps, traffic areas etc.
> > But I’m ready to improve. Basic things which i understand. I need info how to start play this game in basic.
> > Where to move, how navigate without radar etc. etc.
> > I appreciate any information, articles, videos. Maybe you could advice some good you tubers, streamers whom i should watch.
>
> You may also find these tips useful. :relaxed:

Nice, i will read that. Someone got stomped. Thats me.

Try playing in warzone firefight for a bit just to rank up more.

Luke thenotable
Proximity
Bbkdragoon

^ these should help, especially BBKdragoons analysis videos.

To learn map layouts, boot up a map in Custom Games, run around and figure out everything you can.
For technique, try finding a veteran Halo 5 player. See if they wouldn’t mind some 1v1 sparring; this would let you experiment with movement and shooting in Halo 5. You could also learn different weapons this way.
After that, trial by fire will be your best bet to getting better.

Halo 5 is a giant learning skill gap. Once you learn map placement enemy spawns (how the spawning works) and how to use your movement to the best all it takes is just practice and you’ll get better. If you want a goal for slayer I think diamond 3 is the top 10% highest ranked? It’s goes from
Bronze 1-6
Silver 1-6
Gold 1-6
Platinum 1-6
Diamond 1-6
Onyx (next to it is your CSR ranging from 1500 to 2400)
Champion (top 200)

Maybe just load up a map in Custom Games, put on some music or a podcast, and run around getting used to the map. You can also turn off the radar in the gamemode settings, if you want. However, I find it can be kind of useful for finding enemies.

Make a forge map, spawn one of each weapon and vehicle in, and start a custom game with a friend so you can test each weapon out and get a feel for all of them. Once you have a pretty good understanding of that, move into either social slayer, or heroic firefight to begin testing yourself against more than just one or 2 people

> 2535425922387534;4:
> Welcome to Halo! It can be rough at the beginning, but once you understand the maps and get used to the mechanics it is a ton of fun.
> A good YouTuber you could watch would be Proximitty for good competitive play. Watching his videos should help you with understanding power positions on maps, and some cool jumps.
> Another one is LukeTheNotable. He has a lot of general tips to improve your game. Hope they can help you!

Yeah, already added them on YT to watch.

> 2533274899125924;8:
> Try playing in warzone firefight for a bit just to rank up more.

Why i need ranks?

> 2535462450434439;11:
> Halo 5 is a giant learning skill gap. Once you learn map placement enemy spawns (how the spawning works) and how to use your movement to the best all it takes is just practice and you’ll get better. If you want a goal for slayer I think diamond 3 is the top 10% highest ranked? It’s goes from
> Bronze 1-6
> Silver 1-6
> Gold 1-6
> Platinum 1-6
> Diamond 1-6
> Onyx (next to it is your CSR ranging from 1500 to 2400)
> Champion (top 200)

I was curios and played 10 matches in ranked, could do only Gold 1. But I’ve got only 7 hours of Halo behind my back. I’ll practice more.

For improve your skills I recommend FFA.

Its you vs the world.

That how I start in Halo 3

Greetings and welcome

> 2533274885302961;17:
> For improve your skills I recommend FFA.
>
> Its you vs the world.
>
> That how I start in Halo 3
>
> Greetings and welcome

FFA is only ranked. I’ve played 2 games and searched 15 minutes for next one. Couldn’t find.

:open_mouth: Sorry for that. Has to be the servers, but try FFA

> 2535422303204529;16:
> > 2535462450434439;11:
> > Halo 5 is a giant learning skill gap. Once you learn map placement enemy spawns (how the spawning works) and how to use your movement to the best all it takes is just practice and you’ll get better. If you want a goal for slayer I think diamond 3 is the top 10% highest ranked? It’s goes from
> > Bronze 1-6
> > Silver 1-6
> > Gold 1-6
> > Platinum 1-6
> > Diamond 1-6
> > Onyx (next to it is your CSR ranging from 1500 to 2400)
> > Champion (top 200)
>
> I was curios and played 10 matches in ranked, could do only Gold 1. But I’ve got only 7 hours of Halo behind my back. I’ll practice more.

Dont worry man thats nit twrrible that means you are average with everybody else (gold is where most people are ranked) just keep playing and win those matches