Where to go from Halo 4?

I can honestly say that if the next Halo title is a knock off of Halo 3 or Reach, just with better graphics, I would buy it and the XBOX it plays on, and I would toss my Halo 4 CD goodby…

I would love to hear the Halo music of Reach again.

I would love to see maps that are not cluttered ala Sandtrap.

I would love to see Reach’s forge (with magnets from Halo 4 forge).

I would love to see the deep campaign story of Reach again.

I would love to see the competitive game play of Halo 3 again.

But if the next Halo title is a knock off of Halo 4, I won’t be buying the CD even if it can play on the current XBOX, and I certainly won’t be buying the next gen XBOX.

I wanted to make this statement to help 343i realize what they should be focusing on… Their title is a key seller for the XBOX as well as the source of their pay checks…

I’d love to play a wonderful mixture of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach with a bunch of new awesome features added.

> I can honestly say that if the next Halo title is a knock off of Halo 3 or Reach, just with better graphics, I would buy it and the XBOX it plays on, and I would toss my Halo 4 CD goodby…
>
> I would love to hear the Halo music of Reach again.
>
> <mark>I would love to see maps that are not cluttered ala Sandtrap.</mark>
>
> I would love to see Reach’s forge (with magnets from Halo 4 forge).
>
> I would love to see the deep campaign story of Reach again.
>
> I would love to see the competitive game play of Halo 3 again.
>
> But if the next Halo title is a knock off of Halo 4, I won’t be buying the CD even if it can play on the current XBOX, and I certainly won’t be buying the next gen XBOX.
>
> I wanted to make this statement to help 343i realize what they should be focusing on… Their title is a key seller for the XBOX as well as the source of their pay checks…

My god I hated Sandtrap. Well, I hate anything with a desert. Explanation is that on my first run on Diablo 2, I got somewhat stuck in the second act in little over a month. I saw enough desert for the rest of my gaming career in that town. Sandtrap would be excellent in a forest, jungle or city environment.

I think i343 needs to focus more on the thought behind things, implementation of them and the testing.

The Specialization perks can’t be used in Custom game options. Why not? I would love to play a game where the Drop Recon perk is forced on everyone.

Why not take it a step further where the perks are customizable for customs, where we can balance them ourselves. How much ammo the ammo perk actually gives and so on.

I think I’m too deeply rooted into Halo to actually quit it, which I find sad.

You could post your suggestions on the Halo 5 Community Suggestion Thread-Click Here and tell them what would you like to see in new Halo title :slight_smile:

> I’d love to play a wonderful mixture of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach with a bunch of new awesome features added.

That actually sounds like fun to play.

> I can honestly say that if the next Halo title is a knock off of Halo 3 or Reach, just with better graphics, I would buy it and the XBOX it plays on, and I would toss my Halo 4 CD goodby…
>
>
> I would love to see maps that are not cluttered ala Sandtrap.
>
>
> <mark>I would love to see the deep campaign story of Reach again.</mark>
>
>
> But if the next Halo title is a knock off of Halo 4, I won’t be buying the CD even if it can play on the current XBOX, and I certainly won’t be buying the next gen XBOX.
>
> I wanted to make this statement to help 343i realize what they should be focusing on… Their title is a key seller for the XBOX as well as the source of their pay checks…

And that’s where you lost me.
Besides that, I agree. I don’t care at all for Reach, but I guess that’s just me.

What, the story where only two of the 5 characters in Noble Team got any form of characterisation and development?

> I’d love to play a wonderful mixture of Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach with a bunch of new awesome features added.

This, a great mix of all of these games would be great.

Also, I actually enjoyed Reach’s campaign a lot more then I did Halo 3 and Halo CE.

>
>
> I would love to see maps that are not cluttered ala Sandtrap.
>
>
>

You can do all that by going back and playing those games! :smiley:

> I wanted to make this statement to help 343i realize what they should be focusing on…

WHAT?! Do we have to remake games now simply because their direct sequel has moderately better graphics? Do you realize how insane this is? Say you release a Halo 3 remake to bring back sandtrap. Then you knock off a Halo Reach remake to revisit that mad score. Because it’s a newer game with presumably better tech and implementation it has better graphics than the Halo 3 remake. Now you have to remake Halo 3 again because according to your baffling standards its so far out of date it’s not worth throwing in your xbox anymore.

Now, with that remake of the Halo 3 remake having better graphics than the Reach remake (same reason, progress) you have to remake Reach AGAIN and so on. And this isn’t taking into account the “need” to remake Halo 1 AGAIN, Halo 2, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Wars, Halo 4, and by the time you get around to all this Halo 5 and Halo 6!

This isn’t what 343 needs to do. This is the fifth circle of hell. And even if you just want a spiritual remake (new levels, same old -Yoink- otherwise) you’ve only moved up to circle three of four. It’s just not a winning proposition.