Where this game got customization wrong

Sure this topic has been touched on so much, but it needs to keep getting hit on the head to bring proper attention to it. While I and many others are dissapointed with the battle pass system on Infinite, I am more dissapointed in the ways our customization and personal input to our armor has been ripped from us, heck even our emblem customization has been paywalled away from us, where as in previous games you could just put exactly how you wanted it with the colors you wanted. Now unlocking armor parts, sure no issue there, while progression is slow, that is something to be balanced with time, I hope. My biggest gripe is the color customization. Since Reach I have been using the same color scheme on my spartan, and applying it has been the FIRST thing I did the moment I boot up the game, and here, not only can we not even paint our armor how we want, we have to unlock these premade paint styles, some of which are paywalled away, and none of which are the way my armor usually is, or even close to how i want my spartan to look, and it is deeply saddening on how less personal my own ‘custom’ spartan is when now, we all have to use the same color shaders, like from the destiny games, and that along was a huge turn off from those games as well as other things. Sure gameplay may be fun, but there is soo much outside of the gameplay that is just making the experience less exciting and the worst part is feeling like this issue wont even be touched this game and maybe, just maybe if we are lucky it might be sent back to the good customization ways of previous games in the next installment, years from now, and that really sucks.

1 Like

That’s true, even though it’s better than the non-existent customisation in Halo 5, it’s not like the previous good Halo’s such as Reach, I think Reach was perfect for customisation and the lobby system as well, where you got to see everyone show off their armors, gave you a reason to grind and look as cool as other people. Also you could see who your opponent’s were and who was partied up. The gameplay itself is better but damn they’ve really not grown on the other parts, they’ve actually went backwards.

1 Like

The topic has been touched so much but that’s why they need to get it right

1 Like

I’m honestly still having fun with the game. Been having more fun with Infinite than I did with 5. But Angel here is right. The customization is just so bad,. I hate being pigeonholed into a specific color scheme, all because I want red, or purple, or black as my main color. I want to be able to toy with the color schemes, and be able to customize them to my heart’s desire. 343, please fix this.

1 Like