Where should Halo go from here? (Story wise)

SPOILERS BELOW BEWARE

Well, the didact is gone for now and by the terminals and the way he was adressed in game I’m sure it was the UR didact, Cortana is gone also, we’re back at earth and I’m assuming chief will get new armor, but aside from those where should Halo go from here story wise?, lets recap. Chief is now alone (sort of) he stopped humans from becoming full on prometheans, 343 said that Halo 5 will be the darkest halo game…but how will 343 make it like that?. My original thoughts that Halo 4 were going to be like was running through abandoned forerunner cities, dark grey skies with him only having cortana to help him, little outside help if any at all, you would fight dormant forerunner machines massive ones like war sphinxes and just really elaborate robots I hope 343 goes in this direction for at least part of Halo 5, for me it would really set the mood of a dark game. Another big reveal is the Precursors, I feel 343 HAS to do, they put an importance on them in the books, and if this really is the “Reclaimer” trilogy, we’re going to need to confront our creators weather it be positive or negative. The prometheans for me were a huge let down but I think that’s because I hate their design, but they also felt boring, all you really had to do was pump bullets in them and for advanced AI’s they sure looked nothing like it. for Halo 5, make us confront ACTUAL prometheans, ACTUAL ancient humans (The smart ones) please please please ditch the promethean knights (Oh but he can’t fight prometheans!) the UNSC has been working on forerunner tech for a few years now, master chiefs old armor has been through the dirt in the last what 7 years time to modify, they can use the excuse he was evolved and his armor consists of forerunner technology recovered by crimson team.Bring back the reach effect without sooo much grey, also in Halo 5 we need to go to instalation 07 I’m sure most of you know why.

In short: Master chief needs to face real forerunner tech and real forerunners, meet real ancient humans not stupid looking bug AI’s,he should get new armor, and in the next game we should visit a shield world holding a precursor captive then end it off on instalation 07 bringing both precursors and forerunners back into the galaxy, set up the original 3 way battle and have humans reclaim the mantle in 6

post what you feel the halo series should continue like.

A Halo game without Cortana… I’ll probably end up just as depressed as John during Halo 5’s campaign.

We still have the mystery of Chakas and his hijacked UNSC ship to track down. And the Precursors’ test has to come up at some point.

> A Halo game without Cortana… I’ll probably end up just as depressed as John during Halo 5’s campaign.

That would be the point, to put you in his shoes and feel as he feels, to convey emotion to the player. I was extremely sad when cortana left remembering all the times i had her there with me through each game seeing her rampant was like torture in halo 4. The only time I think cortana should come back is in the middle or end of Halo 6 maybe in the legendary ending for 6 have chief get handed an item then it flickers on revealing cortana in her “sitting down holding her knees” position then have her look up at chief and have the game end, perfect ending imo.

> We still have the mystery of Chakas and his hijacked UNSC ship to track down. And the Precursors’ test has to come up at some point.

That too, I wanted to list that in the thread but I didn’t know where to go with it. I think they all need to meet up with bornstellar wherever he is and investigate instalation 07. A problem with the precursors though is that I think they are such a great threat 343 will have to make halo 5 longer then Halo 2 a lot longer so they can properly flesh out the story and make them feel like the threat they are, not like the prometheans and the didact that felt very rushed imo.