Where’s the involvement?

I remember watching a ton of 343 videos stating that 343 would be more direct with the up coming Halo.

As of today, we have gotten zero community involvement, zero interviews, zero gameplay, and zero direction on Halo Infinite.

If 343 wants the opinions from Halo Fans why talk about it in videos but do nothing in real life about it?

I think the fans have just as much input than a developer has. So Halo community lets unite together and get some answers on Halo… because I’m very worried…

I do agree that there have been LONG droughts of information, but be patient: it is still potentially over a year before we get the game and it is not like they are going to be quite until it launches. Besides, we are getting information in June.

I’ll agree that there is very little community involvement. And that worries me… but we’ve seen interviews and community updates and canon fodder articles explaining the direction 343 is going in.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you almost completely. Every day that goes by makes it harder and harder to justify radio silence. I just wanted to point out that 343 has actually provided more information than “zero”. It’s not much, but it’s not zero information.

> 2535443293478913;1:
> I remember watching a ton of 343 videos stating that 343 would be more direct with the up coming Halo.
>
> As of today, we have gotten zero community involvement, zero interviews, zero gameplay, and zero direction on Halo Infinite.
>
> If 343 wants the opinions from Halo Fans why talk about it in videos but do nothing in real life about it?
>
> I think the fans have just as much input than a developer has. So Halo community lets unite together and get some answers on Halo… because I’m very worried…

I think we need to cut them some slack, the lack of info is a worry but the world is in a strange place with Covid-19, many of us including 343i have been working from home. I expect it’s harder to put videos together when they’re not in the studio. Many things might have changed in the development of Halo Infinte. We should get more info in July.

> 2533274814550076;2:
> I do agree that there have been LONG droughts of information, but be patient: it is still potentially over a year before we get the game and it is not like they are going to be quite until it launches. Besides, we are getting information in June.

Halo Infinite will be at July’s Xbox 20/20 showcase. Little over a month to wait :confused:

Whatever plans they may have had would have been turned upside down by the pandemic.

There is no way working from home is going to be as efficient as the together in the office… particularly with the huge files etc they must be working with.

To make November things will have to be cut. We just need to be patient.

There’s a lot of factors that play into why we haven’t seen or heard anything about Infinite yet.

The marketing campaign will more than likely start after we see the game in July at Xbox’s event. Just like plenty of other first party games that we haven’t heard about.

All in good time…

I think it’s just them wanting to go all out and wow everybody in July, create maximum hype for the next xbox after so much silence.

I remember Bungie’s weekly updates on Halo 3 prior to launch. Also, Frankie used to be penning those. It would be great to have someone actually posting a weekly report on the goings on in the studio (or at home). It never had to be super revealing, it was simply entertaining and somewhat related to the upcoming game and its development.

Edit: By the way, the content drought was always planned.

I agree. There’s a difference between lack of progress and lack of communication. It worries me that they’re waiting to dump all the information out at once instead of a drip feed of content. It might signal that they’re not confident the community will take well to a lot of the decisions in the game.

Truthfully, we don’t know what 343’s plans were. Considering the current COVID-19 pandemic shuttered major events like E3, it’s possible 343 had planned to deliver a more steady stream of information but plans changed to account for our current reality. All a guess of course.

I’m sure the community would love to be involved but they cannot be involved in something they’re almost completely blind to. 343 has been pretty tight lipped about Halo Infinite details. Plus with Covid-19 in the mix, alot of our actions have been limited as alot of people are more focused on staying safe.

> 2533274903476730;5:
> > 2533274814550076;2:
> > I do agree that there have been LONG droughts of information, but be patient: it is still potentially over a year before we get the game and it is not like they are going to be quite until it launches. Besides, we are getting information in June.
>
> Halo Infinite will be at July’s Xbox 20/20 showcase. Little over a month to wait :confused:

Aye, mixed up my “Ju-” months. Apologies.

> 2533274814550076;13:
> > 2533274903476730;5:
> > > 2533274814550076;2:
> > > I do agree that there have been LONG droughts of information, but be patient: it is still potentially over a year before we get the game and it is not like they are going to be quite until it launches. Besides, we are getting information in June.
> >
> > Halo Infinite will be at July’s Xbox 20/20 showcase. Little over a month to wait :confused:
>
> Aye, mixed up my “Ju-” months. Apologies.

All good!

343 is most likely waiting to reveal anything after what happened with H5 marketing. After the gameplay reveal in July, we are probably going to get a few interviews since the world will now have lots more questions.

I think 343 wants to talk to us, but Microsoft won’t allow anyone to say anything until the series x is shown

343 has always been all talk. Frank and others talk a nice game but always have trouble delivering.

> 2535410495741102;16:
> I think 343 wants to talk to us, but Microsoft won’t allow anyone to say anything until the series x is shown

This is pretty much it. While Covid 19 cleary threw a viral monkey wrench into everybody’s plans, the main reason for the current radio silence is that Halo: Infinite is a launch title for the XSX. For Microsoft marketing, having a Halo title being the premiere launch experience for your new console is surely top priority and as such Infinite and the new hardware a tightly intertwined. With that said, the wait is almost over and I hope 343i opens up singificantly post-July.

> 2533275031939856;8:
> I think it’s just them wanting to go all out and wow everybody in July, create maximum hype for the next xbox after so much silence.

I agree with you on that, Maximum Effort

Everyone’s saying that 343’s plans probably got interrupted by the pandemic, but I suspect that even without Covid the pre-showcase hype/info stream would look about the same. I remember Bethesda’s Fallout 4 announcement came just several months before they actually released it, and I remember being impressed. It felt classy–straightforward and direct. “Hey we got a game. Comes in a few months.” That’s a great way to do things. With all the misinformation that (apparently) can be spread with really long-winded marketing/hype campaigns, the best thing to do with game releases right now seems to be to just shut up and show when it’s ready.