Where is the UNSC flying vehicle? Future DLC?

No, seriously doe, where it be at?

Halo 3 had the Hornet, Halo: Reach had the Falcon. Both great vehicles in their own ways.

But why does Halo 4 have… neither? Not even a NEW UNSC or Covenent flying vehicle.

All we’re stuck with is the banshee and it’s boring. Maybe we want to fly the flag to the cap? Or fly our teammates into the enemy base?

Would it really have killed them to re-create the hornet or falcon? They have so much potential in Halo 4.

Hopefully a new flying passenger vehicle will be added in a future map pack. I have a feeling this might be the case, because in the custom game options there is an option for “Aircraft only” since the banshee is the only aircraft in the game, why not just make it “Banshees only” instead of the vague “Aircraft” option?

I won’t get my hopes up but really no excuse for a second flying passenger vehicle in this game. Especially with the HUGE maps.

It’s the same engine as Reach, iirc. That’s why the option says “Aircraft only”
Because Reach had multiple aircraft. Halo 4 does not.

> …
> It’s the same engine as Reach, iirc. That’s why the option says “Aircraft only”
> Because Reach had multiple aircraft. Halo 4 does not.

That is incredibly sad.

I could definetly see a new version of the Hornet working out. Banshee gets old real quick.

> I could definetly see a new version of the Hornet working out. Banshee gets old real quick.

I agree. I feel this was the main reason Bungie added the Hornet in H3. Then 343 decided to cut both the falcon and hornet? Come on.

I really don’t see why they just have the Banshee, why not Falcons or even better, bring back the Hornet. The mantis is a cool addition but it is just a ground vehicle and we already got plenty of those.

*side note: I MISS THE CHOPPER.

> No, seriously doe, where it be at?
>
> Halo 3 had the Hornet, Halo: Reach had the Falcon. Both great vehicles in their own ways.
>
> But why does Halo 4 have… neither? Not even a NEW UNSC or Covenent flying vehicle.
>
> All we’re stuck with is the banshee and it’s boring. Maybe we want to fly the flag to the cap? Or fly our teammates into the enemy base?
>
> Would it really have killed them to re-create the hornet or falcon? They have so much potential in Halo 4.
>
> Hopefully a new flying passenger vehicle will be added in a future map pack. I have a feeling this might be the case, because in the custom game options there is an option for “Aircraft only” since the banshee is the only aircraft in the game, why not just make it “Banshees only” instead of the vague “Aircraft” option?
>
> I won’t get my hopes up but really no excuse for a second flying passenger vehicle in this game. Especially with the HUGE maps.

The UNSC found flaws in the Hornet and Falcon, so they had to take them off the battlefield, and currently as we speak are coming out with a new design, probably won’t see it until the next Halo 5.

Why should it be DLC? And not just an update? Or a free DLC?

> > No, seriously doe, where it be at?
> >
> > Halo 3 had the Hornet, Halo: Reach had the Falcon. Both great vehicles in their own ways.
> >
> > But why does Halo 4 have… neither? Not even a NEW UNSC or Covenent flying vehicle.
> >
> > All we’re stuck with is the banshee and it’s boring. Maybe we want to fly the flag to the cap? Or fly our teammates into the enemy base?
> >
> > Would it really have killed them to re-create the hornet or falcon? They have so much potential in Halo 4.
> >
> > Hopefully a new flying passenger vehicle will be added in a future map pack. I have a feeling this might be the case, because in the custom game options there is an option for “Aircraft only” since the banshee is the only aircraft in the game, why not just make it “Banshees only” instead of the vague “Aircraft” option?
> >
> > I won’t get my hopes up but really no excuse for a second flying passenger vehicle in this game. Especially with the HUGE maps.
>
> The UNSC found flaws in the Hornet and Falcon, so they had to take them off the battlefield, and currently as we speak are coming out with a new design, probably won’t see it until the next Halo 5.

wat

Was this really their excuse for being lazy?

> But why does Halo 4 have… neither? Not even a NEW UNSC or Covenent flying vehicle.

Did you miss out the fact that you flew a pelican in the campain?

> Why should it be DLC? And not just an update? Or a free DLC?

Don’t get me wrong, I agree completely. But I honestly think they would never do this.

They would advertise the hell out of being able to use a new vehicle in a new map pack.

> > But why does Halo 4 have… neither? Not even a NEW UNSC or Covenent flying vehicle.
>
> Did you miss out the fact that you flew a pelican in the campain?

For half a mission? Yeah it was cool, but I’m talking about multiplayer.

There is nothing and it’s pretty unacceptable because there has been a UNSC flying vehicle in the past two Halo titles.

Yeah, this and no decent forge canvas I really -Yoinking!- hate.

To me this is one of the most moronic things 343i ever did.

xX4Real4LifeXx;1980648 wrote:

The UNSC found flaws in the Hornet and Falcon, so they had to take them off the battlefield, and currently as we speak are coming out with a new design, probably won’t see it until the next Halo 5.

Halo 5!?!? you gotta be kidding they already got complaints about this along time ago I mean seriously if they get more and more hate mail they will have to put the hornet and falcon back.

I don’t see why they can’t bring in the hawk from halo wars. That thing was cool even though a bit overpowered and it would fit in perfectly if balanced properly.

This is a picture of the mission Reclaimer from the Campaign that was shown before Halo 4 was released, and in the background, you could see a few Falcons flying by in the background (They’re right under Infinity).
So, from the looks of it, the Falcon was going to be in the game, but got cut for some reason.

Also, this was just revealed:
ONI REAP-X
UNSC Light Assault VTOL
This is official, and will be released near the end of the year. Now, while this is Mega Bloks, Mega Bloks have never released Halo stuff that wasn’t in a Halo game before. Now that’s some food for thought. Though this vehicle is single seated, and does not include passengers.

Also, here’s the Siege Bike. Even more food for thought.
This thing seems to be the replacement for the Mongoose, and for some reason reminds me of the Brute Chopper.

Honestly, given how long the debris lasts on the existing game, I’m not surprised there are no UNSC air vehicles.

This, for all its flaws, is pretty much maxing out what the 360 can give us. Big vehicles – air vehicles, no less, might be a big strain on the processor. Those ceilings in Reach were stupid high, and I don’t think we have anything similar in H4.

I have two hopes: the first is more UNSC air rumpus in H5, obviously. The other is a long shot but we get an ODST-style extension to H4. It could include all spops, changing up the sandbox, give everyone the awesome new maps, thus expanding the current player base…

I wouldn’t want it to be DLC. They shouldn’t be allowed to take something out of the previous games and put it back in after the release date for an extra price.

I’m pretty sure they did it with ODST. You got a small game based on H3 stuff (this could be replaced in H4 with all seasons of SpOps, with a few seasons exclusive to the disc). The other half is all the existing DLC maps plus new ones, essentially remaking a better multiplayer experience. Throw in some armor and a sprinkling of fixes and you can carry H4 until H5 comes out if it’s delayed.

Think about it… a Elephant or Mammoth sized UNSC air ship. It would be like a thunderstorm.

> Think about it… a Elephant or Mammoth sized UNSC air ship. It would be like a thunderstorm.

Vulture?!