Where is the SMG?

Anyone know why it wasnt put in reach?

Frankie explains that not all weapons are used everywhere on planets humans inhabit.

I believe Reach is actually one of the last planets that use the DMR instead of the Battle Rifle. o_O The BR is Standard Issue through out the UNSC.

This could be the same reason that the SMG isnt present on Reach.

Also think this, once a new rifle is issued, it takes time to send out weapons to all your fleets. o_O years in the UNSC’s case…

> Frankie explains that not all weapons are used everywhere on planets humans inhabit.
>
> I believe Reach is actually one of the last planets that use the DMR instead of the Battle Rifle. o_O The BR is Standard Issue through out the UNSC.
>
> This could be the same reason that the SMG isnt present on Reach.
>
>
> Also think this, once a new rifle is issued, it takes time to send out weapons to all your fleets. o_O years in the UNSC’s case…

So how did they explain how the Assault Rifle looks different? Did they just ret-con it?

Yes I’m sure that the AR in reach was the last model they used before it was decommissioned.

> > Frankie explains that not all weapons are used everywhere on planets humans inhabit.
> >
> > I believe Reach is actually one of the last planets that use the DMR instead of the Battle Rifle. o_O The BR is Standard Issue through out the UNSC.
> >
> > This could be the same reason that the SMG isnt present on Reach.
> >
> >
> > Also think this, once a new rifle is issued, it takes time to send out weapons to all your fleets. o_O years in the UNSC’s case…
>
> So how did they explain how the Assault Rifle looks different? Did they just ret-con it?

I dont know what ret-con means, but like I said. Throught different areas that humans inhabit, different weapons are issued. Lets get this straight, an AR looks like an AR. The only reason the AR from Reach looks different is because Bungie decited to go a little more detailed and I think more realistic. Yes there are different Models, the AR from Halo Reach & CE are different from that which is in Halo 3. Different models from different branches of the UNSC.

My last note is that im sure the AR from Halo 3 would look like the the rest of the AR’s if bungie took that same route as Reach.

Psss here’s a secret: The SMG is in Halo 2 and Halo 3. Don’t tell anyone, it’s liable to get you spawn trapped.

TL;DR: It’s not in Reach because there is no dual wielding (which is where it’s strength lies) and the AR out classes a single SMG even if it recieved a buff like the Plasma Rifle did.

> Anyone know why it wasnt put in reach?

The simple answer is that Bungie decided not to include the weapon in Reach. Forget any canonical reasons (which, if they exist, are likely stupid).

So, haven’t you heard that Reach ACTUALLY takes places BEFORE H2, H3, and ODST? It is very likely that the SMG hasn’t been fully developed at the time of Reach.

> So, haven’t you heard that Reach ACTUALLY takes places BEFORE H2, H3, and ODST? It is very likely that the SMG hasn’t been fully developed at the time of Reach.

Doubtful, that late into the Covy-human war a gun like the SMG would have been created a long time ago if not tweaked.

It’s a navy weapon, just like the Battle Rifle. You don’t see it because in Reach you are using the UNSC Army weapons. That’s how i make sense of it.

It has no purpose without Dual Wielding so it’s not in the game

> > So, haven’t you heard that Reach ACTUALLY takes places BEFORE H2, H3, and ODST? It is very likely that the SMG hasn’t been fully developed at the time of Reach.
>
> Doubtful, that late into the Covy-human war a gun like the SMG would have been created a long time ago if not tweaked.
>
> It’s a navy weapon, just like the Battle Rifle. You don’t see it because in Reach you are using the UNSC Army weapons. That’s how i make sense of it.

Finally, someone understands.

The addition or lack of certain content doesn’t always need an canonical explanation.

> It has no purpose without Dual Wielding so it’s not in the game

You can’t duel wield in ODST and the SMG is in there. Got an logical explination for this?

> > It has no purpose without Dual Wielding so it’s not in the game
>
> You can’t duel wield in ODST and the SMG is in there. Got an logical explination for this?

It was a special weapon for the ODSTs like the ODST pistol, that SMG you’re talking about wasn’t in Multiplayer.

There is no multiplayer in ODST! Only FireFights!

> Yes I’m sure that the AR in reach was the last model they used before it was decommissioned.

I think you know it’s the MA 37 and not the MA 5 C or MA 5 B and the DMR was used by the military present on reach and the SMG probably wasn’t. Also how would the weapons that everyone uses change in a few months.