Where is the Big Team Objective love?

Seriously, where is the love for Big Team Objective from 343? They have added all these great maps but yet we’re not able to play them to their full big team potential!!!

Seriously, how hard is it to have CTF, Extraction, Dominion, KotH and slayer all under one playlist called “Big Team Battle?”

SIDE NOTE: It would be awesome, although not sure it could happen, to also add flood to big team,allow it to turn into a 16 player flood match. Think how awesome and hectic that would be!?!

I’m with you. I miss objective gametypes being part of BTB. They were a big part of why it was one of my top three playlists in the past. I also wish they’d throw Complex and Harvest into the map rotation as well. They’re both perfectly capable of sustaining 8v8. And before anyone yells about it, I’d require soft kill zones on the rooftops of Complex in the BTB variant of the map.

Totally agree, the lack of BTB Objective leaves a huge void in the halo experience

Side Comment: Big Team is team based while Flood is FFA, they can’t work in the same playlist

> I also wish they’d throw Complex and Harvest into the map rotation as well.

Exactly! Complex and Harvest would make great additions to BTB. They are both medium sized maps, they’re in that awkward ‘too big for 4v4 but slightly too small for 8v8’ area. I think I can count the amount of times I’ve actually played Harvest on my hand, it’s a fun map, but didn’t get played enough.

> Side Comment: Big Team is team based while Flood is FFA, they can’t work in the same playlist

Ah balls, that sucks. How come Flood isn’t 16 players anyway?

> Seriously, where is the love for Big Team Objective from 343? They have added all these great maps but yet we’re not able to play them to their full big team potential!!!
>
> Seriously, how hard is it to have CTF, Extraction, Dominion, KotH and slayer all under one playlist called “Big Team Battle?”
>
> SIDE NOTE: It would be awesome, although not sure it could happen, to also add flood to big team,allow it to turn into a 16 player flood match. Think how awesome and hectic that would be!?!

No, no and no again!

Wait, yes, I want BT Objective.

Yes, I want ten different objective modes of which you list.

But no, BTIS should not be merged with BT Objective to form the so called BTB.

I want to try for a CSR50 in BTIS. That would be ruined if its mixed with Objectives too. Slayer is all about kills/deaths. Objectives are about, well, the objective, duh. The two should not be mixed together.

No one is calling for 4v4 SWAT to be mixed together with Objectives to form SWATJECTIVES. SWAT is about kills/deaths while objectives is about…

No one is calling for Team Snipers to be actually merged with Objective game types to form SniperJectives. Snipers is about kills/deaths while Objectives are about…

So,why on Earth would you want to mix BTIS which si about kills/deaths with objectives which are about something else altogether?

IMO, as BTIS is the biggest populated play list, there is no problem with actually having BTIS on its own, BTB aka BT Objective on its own. Mix the two? No way!

Now CSR is being applied to all play lists and game modes, I want my CSR50 to be different and separate from any possible CSR50 in BTB/BT Objective.

Heads up…if the two are to be merged,I will back out of every lobby where the BT Slayer part isn’t voted for…I will quit every game I’m forced into via JIP which is not the Slayer variant…I want a CSR in the Slayer mode, not some hybrid which doesn’t even make sense existing.

@Wolfblade XIII

You know it won’t happen though? BTB is more likely to happen than having two big team playlists.

To be honest, it was never an issue in 2-REACH having one playlist with the gametypes in. The main issue was that slayer won majority of votes, i remember the final days of REACH when it would ALWAYS be Slayer Heavies on some terrible forge map. You know a Halo game is coming to the end of it’s life when ‘Heavies’ are introduced.

But back to the point, most of the time slayer > everything else when it comes down to voting, it’s a horrible truth, so if you’re adamant on getting a 50 in JUST slayer, you’re more likely to get it in that rather than getting it in something like CTF or assault.

I know what you’re saying, it would be great if they had 2 big team playlist, but come on, these are the guys that added JIP and took out simple things like ‘The red X’ and butchered forge. We’re not going to see it I’m afraid.

I believe it’s on the way, 343 are just ironing out the kinks. Hopefully it’ll be the next big playlist addition.

> @Wolfblade XIII
>
> You know it won’t happen though? BTB is more likely to happen than having two big team playlists.
>
> To be honest, it was never an issue in 2-REACH having one playlist with the gametypes in. The main issue was that slayer won majority of votes, i remember the final days of REACH when it would ALWAYS be Slayer Heavies on some terrible forge map. You know a Halo game is coming to the end of it’s life when ‘Heavies’ are introduced.
>
> But back to the point, most of the time slayer > everything else when it comes down to voting, it’s a horrible truth, so if you’re adamant on getting a 50 in JUST slayer, you’re more likely to get it in that rather than getting it in something like CTF or assault.
>
> I know what you’re saying, it would be great if they had 2 big team playlist, but come on, these are the guys that added JIP and took out simple things like ‘The red X’ and butchered forge. We’re not going to see it I’m afraid.

You are probably right.

Don’t get me wrong, assault and invasion where my two favorite things on Halo Reach! I actually love objective game types! I’ve mastered both Slayer and CTF and have almost completed (just some wins to go) for Dominion and KOTH.

I just don’t want Slayer mixed with Objectives. I know I said three play lists were my preference but, why can’t there at least be two? One as is, BTIS and the other BTB which includes classic Slayer and Objectives?

I know I said I’d quit out but if 343i has to combine them…I’ll practice what I preach and will just have to adapt. I’ll do so simply because I do enjoy Big Team (insert whatever variety here) so much.

> I believe it’s on the way, 343 are just ironing out the kinks. Hopefully it’ll be the next big playlist addition.

It just seems really weird them releasing a map pack of big maps and not using the gametype that they were made for. I’m all for multiteam, but come on, we just had the majestic/ small maps released, surely that would have been better than whatever they had instead of multiteam?

> > I believe it’s on the way, 343 are just ironing out the kinks. Hopefully it’ll be the next big playlist addition.
>
> It just seems really weird them releasing a map pack of big maps and not using the gametype that they were made for. I’m all for multiteam, but come on, we just had the majestic/ small maps released, surely that would have been better than whatever they had instead of multiteam?

Agreed!

From everything we’ve heard regarding the Castle maps, I’d expect BTB Objective to launch with them. They’ve described each map as suitable for CTF, which would be odd if it wasn’t an actual gametype.

Don’t know if we will be getting a 8v8 big team, I reckon it would most likely be 6v6…because that’s fun :frowning:

> They’ve described each map as suitable for CTF, which would be odd if it wasn’t an actual gametype.

I watched all of the pre-launch map previews 6 months ago. They described all of the Big Team maps as suitable for CTF way back then.

Big team objective wont work in this game.

At least not with a DMR as a starting weapon.

343 needs to implement bigteambattle.net settings for a BTB objective playlist.

> > They’ve described each map as suitable for CTF, which would be odd if it wasn’t an actual gametype.
>
> I watched all of the pre-launch map previews 6 months ago. They described all of the Big Team maps as suitable for CTF way back then.

This cements my opinion that 343i have no idea what they’re talking about in their videos.

Literally…nothing.

Although I would prefer 8v8 objective have its own playlist, I really don’t think it will happen because the playlist would be empty like Team Objective is now.

But if they put it into BTB, objective will never get picked since BTIS is full of some the worst people who only want to shoot at things and will never vote for an objective mode, even if it was on their precious Ragnarok.