Where is My Free Map Pack!?!?!?

I bought limited edition, i go to download it and it says i have to pay, how do i get it for free???

Im getting bitchy since free map packs where the sole reason i bought halo 4

> I bought limited edition, i go to download it and it says i have to pay, how do i get it for free???
>
> Im getting bitchy since free map packs where the sole reason i bought halo 4

343i said all map packs will be free for everybody instead.

> > I bought limited edition, i go to download it and it says i have to pay, how do i get it for free???
> >
> > Im getting bitchy since free map packs where the sole reason i bought halo 4
>
> 343i said all map packs will be free for everybody instead.

Where was this said?

At the start menu, when you have to choose between campaign, wargames, and so on,
There should be a choice for xbox live marketplace. Usually only has a few items available. If you are suppposed to receive the map pack, an orange star should be lit up beside it. That’s how it was for me, and I got mine about 1:30 pm

if you get it at the title screen before you pick infinity and so on there should be a little star by the marketplace and you should be ablle to get it free then but those that do not pay 800 or have the LE or map pass they will get ther edlc blocked until they buy it

> if you get it at the title screen before you pick infinity and so on there should be a little star by the marketplace and you should be ablle to get it free then but those that do not pay 800 or have the LE or map pass they will get ther edlc blocked until they buy it

why would they block something i bought fair and square.

> Where was this said?

It wasn’t said, and it hasn’t been made free for everyone. There was a glitch in the system that was requiring LE and map pass owners to pay, so MS was informed and they have been trying to fix the issue.

While this was happening, they accidentally enabled the map pass to be free to download from the in-game menu. This doesn’t show up for everyone, but there have been a large number of people that have downloaded the maps for free.

This is an error by Microsoft. LE and Map Pass owners will be able to get the maps for free, not sure when the original bug will be fixed. Anyone who downloads the maps for free will not be punished, seeing as it was Microsoft’s mistake. People who bought the LE and the Map Pass will NOT be compensated. It is not something that Microsoft can do, and that’s the end of that.

Sucks, yes, but once they fix the bug you’ll be able to get it for free and others will have to pay.

Life moves on.

i think he just made a big run on sentence. He meant if you bought standard edition, you won’t be able to play the new maps until you use 800 msp or buy the map pass.

> i think he just made a big run on sentence. He meant if you bought standard edition, you won’t be able to play the new maps until you use 800 msp or buy the map pass.

Nope. Microsoft can’t do that. Not saying that it isn’t fair (I would be fine with it) but that they can’t physically lock it out like that. Also, that’s ransom.

I bought the standard edition, as did many others, and I am able to access the maps just fine.