Where I think Halo 6 story is headed....

Spoilers obvioisly…

So…Cortina is being set up for redemption in Halo 6. 343 will likely do their Anti Marketing again “ZOMG guys Halo 6 will have Cortana as an antagonist and you totally are going to have to pull the trigger guys…you know just like Locke had to hunt down the chief to figure out what was going on in halo 5…oh wait”.

Point is…a couple of things stand out that make this whole set up fishy.

• When you have a pragmatic villain who believes he or she (let’s go with female pronouns) is acting for the greater good and you ask her “but at what cost” or “but you killed millions” the answer is generally NOT “excuse me”. The answer to that is generally “an acceptable tradeoff for peace in the universe”. - The game goes out of its way to specify that the Meridian Guardian is the FIRST guardian that Cortana has called herself…and that is the only guardian event in which the colony was given fair warning to evacuate in time (through the governor) - The next guardian rises from the ocean apparently causing no casualties. - Cortana almost breaks down when she has to leave the chief and put him in stasis until she has done her work. Yes this is minor but again the developers went out of their way to underline that.Now…while point 4 I think is just to set up the fact that she will care about John more than her so called “calling” so to speak point 1 and 2 are a set up for her “innocence”. I am certain Halo 6 will be marketed as the fight against Cortana and had she been responsible for the death of millions DIRECTLY (by calling guardians knowing people were gonna die) she would be unredeemable…but luckily as I pointed out the first guardians were not her doing and the following 2 are without casualties… AND she is shocked more than anything at the chief’s question which leads me to believe that the Warden Eternal limited the informations she would be able to access to manipulate her coupled with her distrust for humans generated very recently by how Del Rio tried to just snuff her without any sympathy…which ALSO leads me to believe that THAT is the motive of the Warden Eternal…he despises organics because…reasons that will be likely explained in the EU.

I am confident about the above…but now I am more speaking in terms of speculations/hopes/fears. Whether Cortana dies or lives in halo 6 depends on how much 343 wants to be #cooldarkandedgy and how much they want to REALLY piss off the fanbase. But I can see it going either way. Hell I can even see them pulling a star trek and have the chief and Cortana as dual AIs that govern the Forerunner artifacts which in turn retires John from the games without killing him off. Of course I’d rather see her choosing John over her own calling realizing the warden was manipulating her and switch sides…

I am somewhat afraid that her having a Halo Ring in the legendary ending MIGHT BE part of a plan to make herself seen as the saviour of the galaxy by causing a controlled release of the Flood followed by a tactical pulse to wipe it out and tell the galaxy “see? This is the cap that happens if I am not in charge” but I could be wrong and that could just be a second nuclear deterrent she is prepping as a “plan B”. If my fears are correct tho that might turn in a redemption through death situation.

Locke will likely be Gone by Halo 6. People have complained enough about it and even the press is not really on board…he failed at being a frame for the chief and it is obvious people would rather play as the chief soooooo well I hope they kill him off offscreen. (Frankie still has to answer about THAT lie btw)

Argent moon might be a hint at the return of the flood btw…hell I wish it was the set up for a dead space-like spin off game, all the elements are already there. Cut off space ship? Check…massive accident that kills off most of the crew? Check. Mysterious pathogen that does horrific things to living beings (look at the jackals in the labs)? Check. AI that started researching on said pathogen but is conspicuously missing by the time Blue team arrives? Check. ONI trying really hard to make it all go away? Check.

If I think of anything else I’ll add…thoughts?

I agree that the marketing will probably lean that direction, but frankly I’m tired of this, “We have to save Cortana” narrative that just won’t go away. We spent Halo 3 trying to find and save her from the Gravemind. We spent Halo 4 trying to save her from her rampancy. Now we have to try and save her and bring her back to the light. My only issue is that I have zero sympathy for her. None. So if given the option to kill her, yeah I’d probably do it without hesitation. As for her “Excuse me?” line, she may have sounded shocked, but it is telling she never answered the question. I also feel her warning to the people of Meridian to evacuate was undermined by the Prometheans still killing people, something I think she was entirely able to prevent but just chose not to.

As for my own predictions, I have a feeling we may see Mendicant Bias being searched for as a way to counter Cortana. It would certainly be ironic to have an AI that turned against its creators help us beat an AI that turned against the galaxy.

MC will die while taking out cortana in H6. They have already said his story will end and in true hero fashion I’m sure they will have him sacrifice himself to save humanity. Then they will do 1 of 2 things. They will either do side stories kind of like reach or go all Star Wars and bring in all new people like they are doing now. They have said the series will continue for another 10 years. This all makes sense since 6 is the last in the second trilogy and the series is now being though of as a saga. So be forewarned people…6 will be the end of chief and we can only hope they come up with a story that as good as his was…which I doubt they will.

> 2541316932592978;3:
> MC will die while taking out cortana in H6. They have already said his story will end and in true hero fashion I’m sure they will have him sacrifice himself to save humanity. Then they will do 1 of 2 things. They will either do side stories kind of like reach or go all Star Wars and bring in all new people like they are doing now. They have said the series will continue for another 10 years. This all makes sense since 6 is the last in the second trilogy and the series is now being though of as a saga. So be forewarned people…6 will be the end of chief and we can only hope they come up with a story that as good as his was…which I doubt they will.

I don’t think MC will die in H6 since if I recall correctly 343 said they didn’t want to call this part of the halo series a trilogy so they aren’t limited to 3 games.

> 2541316932592978;3:
> MC will die while taking out cortana in H6. They have already said his story will end and in true hero fashion I’m sure they will have him sacrifice himself to save humanity. Then they will do 1 of 2 things. They will either do side stories kind of like reach or go all Star Wars and bring in all new people like they are doing now. They have said the series will continue for another 10 years. This all makes sense since 6 is the last in the second trilogy and the series is now being though of as a saga. So be forewarned people…6 will be the end of chief and we can only hope they come up with a story that as good as his was…which I doubt they will.

I could certainly see Cortana going away for good in Halo 6, and I kind of hope they go that route. In 1-3, she was a guardian of sorts to the Chief, the Robin to his Batman and that made them an incredibly formidable force. But in the Reclaimer Trilogy it’s clear that ever since she started rampancy in Halo 4 she’s been down a dark path that has to end. What’s fascinating is that the problem everyone THOUGHT would be the new threat to the galaxy in this second trilogy (the Forerunners) really aren’t the primary threat at all. They’re secondary threats to our former friend, Cortana, and I just think that’s incredible from a story-telling perspective. Bravo 343! I foresee her actual death or retirement if you will occurring in Halo 6. John will find her and stop her, she’ll admit to the error of her ways, then they’ll agree she needs to go out in whatever method they choose. One last hurrah as a team together. Maybe to take out the Warden Eternal and the Guardians for good?

I don’t see the Chief dying in this conflict though. He’s the face of Xbox and while I do think he’ll retire or move on from active service by the end of Halo 6, he’ll just remain in some capacity in that universe as a legendary figure. Again, I really hope they go this route. Let the Arbiter, Locke, Palmer, other Spartans, other stories be told in future games similar to how Reach was done. Retire, but don’t kill the Chief. Maybe even create a follow-up trilogy in Halo’s 7-9, similar to how Star Wars is doing it like you said, where he’s not the main character but you have a handful of missions that bring him back into the fray in one of those games. You can’t have him be the hero forever, but I don’t think his death is the right way for his story to end. Maybe he’s just at peace with his resolution with Cortana, and he and Blue Team exist in the universe doing what they’ve always done… more missions. Saving the galaxy one day at a time. Either way would be a great way to “end” his journey as the main character!

Who’s ready for Mass Effect Thre- I mean Halo 6! In all seriousness I could see it going that way narrative wise. Just hope we don’t get candy colored endings.

Im just disappointed that AIs are the big bads now. The Flood is more compelling and the Evil AI trope is the most overplayed Sci Fi theme.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> I agree that the marketing will probably lean that direction, but frankly I’m tired of this, “We have to save Cortana” narrative that just won’t go away. We spent Halo 3 trying to find and save her from the Gravemind. We spent Halo 4 trying to save her from her rampancy. Now we have to try and save her and bring her back to the light. My only issue is that I have zero sympathy for her. None. So if given the option to kill her, yeah I’d probably do it without hesitation. As for her “Excuse me?” line, she may have sounded shocked, but it is telling she never answered the question. I also feel her warning to the people of Meridian to evacuate was undermined by the Prometheans still killing people, something I think she was entirely able to prevent but just chose not to.
>
> As for my own predictions, I have a feeling we may see Mendicant Bias being searched for as a way to counter Cortana. It would certainly be ironic to have an AI that turned against its creators help us beat an AI that turned against the galaxy.

Because at that point she did not know and likely questioned the Warden afterward. Also, I doubt she had power over the promethean.

> 2533274841227856;6:
> Who’s ready for Mass Effect Thre- I mean Halo 6! In all seriousness I could see it going that way narrative wise. Just hope we don’t get candy colored endings.
>
> Im just disappointed that AIs are the big bads now. The Flood is more compelling and the Evil AI trope is the most overplayed Sci Fi theme.

They may also be the big damn hero tho. Remember Roland and Bb are opposed to Cortana

I would like them to explore the bad side of ONI. Hunt for truth does a good job for this. I want to see this in the game more. You can make it great while doing this.

Well Cortana has a physical body now, so snuggling will ensue.

Unlikely…tho a spin off maybe? A halo version of the distopian Deus Ex?

The campaign for Halo 6 after Halo 5 = down the drain. Campaign was crap.

> 2533274885552583;12:
> The campaign for Halo 6 after Halo 5 = down the drain. Campaign was crap.

It was properly foreshadowed but handled poorly. Mechanically people agree it worked great.

> 2728966917079826;10:
> Well Cortana has a physical body now, so snuggling will ensue.

Fan fictions galore haha

I don’t believe 343 will ever give the Chief justice if he goes out, he is too big of a character. I can’t imagine a more fitting ending for him than the ending in 3. It was beautiful. The fight was over, that long long struggle had finally reached its conclusion and he was left to drift in space

“Wake me, when you need me”

They could have had a massive gap in the timeline before he was actually discovered, would have given way to more advancements in the story and not keep having to think of new reasons to keep fighting the covenant or for constant threats to humanity being discovered every 2 minutes. Even advancing 10+ years would have been great for story progression or perhaps they could have tried a small spinoff series instead

Do you think any of the covenant species will be enemies in Halo 6, given Cortana’s galactic message of submission or death? It would seem everyone has a common enemy now. I think some may join her though, based on her claims of getting rid of poverty and other conditions.

I want to see the flood back in action!

I would like it alot if Cortana an Master Chief teamed up again and that they ended Halo 6 by using the technology that the forerunners used to become Digitalized but perfected it, so that Cortana and MC will be together in the end.

> 2533274803964668;14:
> > 2728966917079826;10:
> > Well Cortana has a physical body now, so snuggling will ensue.
>
>
> Fan fictions galore haha

Don’t do this

> 2533274808719558;15:
> I don’t believe 343 will ever give the Chief justice if he goes out, he is too big of a character. I can’t imagine a more fitting ending for him than the ending in 3. It was beautiful. The fight was over, that long long struggle had finally reached its conclusion and he was left to drift in space
>
> “Wake me, when you need me”
>
> They could have had a massive gap in the timeline before he was actually discovered, would have given way to more advancements in the story and not keep having to think of new reasons to keep fighting the covenant or for constant threats to humanity being discovered every 2 minutes. Even advancing 10+ years would have been great for story progression or perhaps they could have tried a small spinoff series instead

They did have a gap. They have already created other stories in between. Don’t you remember ODST and Reach?