where have all the teleporters gone?

Where have all the teleporters gone?
Halo used to have teleporters.
Why don’t we see sprint haters using the absence of teleporters as a plank in their platform?
It’s like Warzone and Arena are missing a key feature of the Halo experience.
Also there needs to be way more man canons and gravity lifts!

Sooooooooo did you ever notice that TP’s have become less and less numerous with each title? Because I have and it’s a good thing since they can be camped very very hard.

So yeah anti-sprinters don’t use it because it is a weak argument.

> 2533274967023056;2:
> Sooooooooo did you ever notice that TP’s have become less and less numerous with each title? Because I have and it’s a good thing since they can be camped very very hard.
>
> So yeah anti-sprinters don’t use it because it is a weak argument.

Yeah I don’t get it either, because Raid on Apex 7 needs like 5 of them.

Rat Race remake 2k16

Teleporters are a somewhat weak argument in favor of getting rid of Sprint. Mostly because they could be camped pretty damn easily. Man cannons replaced teleporters in this role because it let players defend against campers.

That said, if 343i could get an old school Unreal or Quake map maker to make a map using a bunch of teleporters, that flowed well, I would be very happy, and from what I can tell over at Team Beyond, a lot of the guys over there would be happy as well.

Right before Torque launched, a 343i employee was tweeting fans asking them how they would feel about teleporters in an arena map. I don’t think the demand was large enough to warrant it.

Here’s to a Chiron TL-34 remake! Make it happen, 343i!

I forgot all about TP’s lol

They’re on some I think, aren’t they? Least, on the non-official ones…

Good times on Chiron TL-34! One of my favorite levels to play LAN on.

> 2533274915643658;6:
> Teleporters are a somewhat weak argument in favor of getting rid of Sprint. Mostly because they could be camped pretty damn easily. Man cannons replaced teleporters in this role because it let players defend against campers.

No, man cannons replaced teleporters because if your target steps on a man cannon, you can still shoot them. If your target enters a teleporter, they’re instantly somewhere else (and likely) out of harms way.

If they were to include a teleporter, it would have to be a map that would work with it where it is not easy for a player to be camped.

Because it’s 2016 and teleporters are super dated and archaic. Time to evolve and get with the times.

> Why don’t we see sprint haters using the absence of teleporters as a plank in their platform?

On a serious note I have brought up teleporters before in sprint discussions. Particularly in discussions about the supposed depth that sprint adds. Teleporters do the same thing that they claim sprint does (decrease map traversal speed), yet they do it in a predictable manner that both teams can exert control over.

> Teleporters can be camped.

A lot of that again depends on map design. If I can actually see the exit of the teleporter while standing at its entrance then I’ll be able to spot any cheeky shotgun campers.
And even if I can’t it’s a threat that proper teamwork and communication can eliminate anyways. Plus I guess some risk has to come to using teleporters to encourage other means of traversal, such as vehicles or taking the longer but safer route.

No, I really don’t have anything against teleporters.

> Mancannons

Are a unique and neat alternative to teleporters that carry a lot more risk (very visible, predictable motion) and a lot more reward (high vantage point for shooting).

But they aren’t a replacement for teleporters and shouldn’t be viewed as such. Good luck trying to implement them into small, indoor CQC maps like Warlock for example.

Do like Unreal does: you turn into ground beef if you camp a teleporter too hard.

Seems like i343 doesn’t want to decrease the usability / value of sprint, clamber and thrusters by implementing map asset alternatives to those player mechanics.

What Rami3z77 said.

or just dont use sprint if you don’t like it. :slight_smile: teleporters are part of halo. and they are very very useful. in forge or machinima and good custom games. most use them. i don’t really see the point in all this whining… come on… id say if you think you can do it better, send your resume as developer to 343i and do it yourself, and wait when the community starts to hate it. they always do