Where has the fun gone

Hi all

Anyone else feeling the same as me…
I’m an avid halo fan have been since xbox one… I have all games and still enjoy reliving campaigns across the series.
I used to love multilayer but am starting to loose my love for it.
1)you can now buy your rank… Using req packs
In the good days it was sweat sore thumbs sore bums and sore throats that got you your rank and respect…
2) load outs
What on earth… Seriously how many kills before you get an smg or a dmr… Why is a plasma pistol classed as. More powerful than a dmr…

1. wheres the team play and chit chat gone…
    Hardly anyone talks during the game.

2. Head shots in warzone… Since when doesn’t a BR kill in 2 head shots…

I don’t want to loose my faith in the game. But magic on the halo multiplayer community is getting lost in translation…

Hey Ginger, welcome to Waypoint!
This is the Roll Call Forum for player and user introductions, you should post this in the Halo 5: Guardians Forum.

Welcome

> 2533274801250247;1:
> 4) Head shots in warzone… Since when doesn’t a BR kill in 2 head shots…

Welcome to Waypoint! I’m pretty sure the BR was never a 2-shot kill.

> 2533274801250247;1:
> Hi all
>
> Anyone else feeling the same as me…
> I’m an avid halo fan have been since xbox one… I have all games and still enjoy reliving campaigns across the series.
> I used to love multilayer but am starting to loose my love for it.
> 1)you can now buy your rank… Using req packs
> In the good days it was sweat sore thumbs sore bums and sore throats that got you your rank and respect…
> 2) load outs
> What on earth… Seriously how many kills before you get an smg or a dmr… Why is a plasma pistol classed as. More powerful than a dmr…
>
> 3) wheres the team play and chit chat gone…
> Hardly anyone talks during the game.
>
> 4) Head shots in warzone… Since when doesn’t a BR kill in 2 head shots…
>
> I don’t want to loose my faith in the game. But magic on the halo multiplayer community is getting lost in translation…

1.) You can not buy your rank using REQ packs, they implemented purchasing REQ packs to allow for more cards in casual gameplay (Warzone) which funds free DLC’s and the Tournaments Halo is hosting to promote the longitivtiy of this game as a MLG game. I don’t buy REQ packs but I thank those who do for the free content that we will get.
2.) Loadouts are for CoD fanboys, literally Halo 4 was the only game with loadouts and almost the entirety of the community hated it.
3.) I play with my friends, they have spartan companies… are you serious?
4.) A BR has never killed in 2 head shots… seriously… CoD much?

You never had faith in this game. You started at Halo Reach.

BR 2 shots? I’m not entirely sure OP has the right franchise

Last I checked, req packs were random. Besides, I have more req cards than I know what to do with, and I haven’t bought a single one.

I agree that there are definitely aspects of this game which are lacking the charm and appeal of their former incarnations.

But buying req packs isn’t buying rank, and the only thing it reflects poorly on is the person desperate enough to use money to get something which he could get for free.

Relax about access to good guns. It’s just warzone. It isn’t ranked, and it’s just for fun. If you can’t have fun with an AR and a BR then you’ve truly forgotten what Halo is all about.

Agreed about mics and communication. Seems like a thing of the past. And that’s a genuine loss.

There is not now, nor has there ever been, a two shot battle rifle. Not sure what you were thinking there…

I’m guessing that what you’re feeling has nothing to do with the game or the community and everything to do with you getting older and experiencing the game with a different attitude than you had when you were _____ (fill in whatever age you were the first time you played Halo). That’s just the nature of things. It’s the human condition.

To OP’s point about 2 shot headshot with BR, it’s likely that he means lag kills. I get that often whenever I’m up against BR users’ sneak attacks.

I agree with number one and three. I miss working really hard to unlock some really cool armor. With number 3, I have plenty of issues. All the time I’m stuck either muting everyone or creating my own party so that I don’t have to hear them. All the time I’m stuck with kids using their Kinects and all I hear is baby’s crying, people getting screamed at by their parents or just them simply talking about random things to people. Most of the time I’m stuck with a bunch of people who are absolutely silent. I always start a game going “hello? Who’s in game chat?” only to have no response.

343 took the fun and sprinted away with it. That’s where.

The fun is still there but everyone is so competitive all the time it’s why everyone is taking the fun away…In my honest opinion take the arena crap away and make it like it was in reach where it was only 2v2 or 4v4 slayer like it should be and all the other ones as social…don’t get me wrong I still having a blast rather have dmr then br though since now they made the br more op now which sucks they need to make it like it was in halo 4 and dmr ruled, br swat from halo 3 lame…but the competition in arena is what is taking all your fun away and all the try hards to since I seen someone’s service record 11,000 kills and 5,000 deaths now you tell me that you play to much I barely have time during the week to play but the rich people around the world that don’t have to work gets all day and all night or all week or even years to play all they want and buy all they want to get what they want instead of earning it because people want it now…like in reach which I am waiting to come back next month for xbox one along with halo wars…if you want to buy your way through reqs go ahead but your making it lame yourself that way since you want it now…earn it the way you should and you can have fun doing so until you get matched with that team that wants to try to make you cry and leave like your typical no lifers but it can still be fun just stand there and let them kill you or walk out there and die and then you will be matched with someone that makes it fun afterwards it’s always going to happen…but that’s why in my most opinion the fun has gone away people don’t want to earn it and let the mystery try it’s way and to much competitiveness in it with the arena ranking structure.

…problem is with all this content missing yet, it will only get even less fun, since many casuals will be gone and only the uber competitive tryhards who play in teams 24/7 will stay…aah I see no bright future for h5