Where does the story continue?

I am interested to see where the story picks up again. i hope it ties into Halo 4 but i saw a post where someone said 343 denied that idea (though i couldn’t find a post where 343 actually did deny it). I like Halo back story so I’m pretty down for a continuation. I also don’t find it too coincidental that FuD and SoF were both drifting off into space with their crew in cryosleep for indefinite periods of time. I also figured id mention there are 3 spartans on SoF and Master Chief on FuD, sounds like a good 4 player co-op to me. but that’s all just a hopeful idea.

yes it sounds good, but unfortunately the SoF is nowhere near MC. the FuD jumped a few light years when the slip space portal collapsed, but the SoF has no FTL drive and no such luck. without that drive interstellar travel would take 1000’s of years. that’s probably the reason why the ship is labelled lost with all hands. or something like that.

with that in mind, a continuation of the story seems unlikely. but Serina did say that something has happened…maybe they discover a shield world or something in the interstellar space, and maybe it has forerunner survivors or more grunts to slaughter.

Ahh man, I was hoping to see the SoF return in Halo4.

There’s also no info on how long John was asleep. The entire ship was covered in snow showing extensive cryosleep. Plus SoF didn’t necessarily have to find the same forerunner planet, they may have run into another one and meet up later on.

> There’s also no info on how long John was asleep. The entire ship was covered in snow showing extensive cryosleep. Plus SoF didn’t necessarily have to find the same forerunner planet, they may have run into another one and meet up later on.

Origins takes place 5 years after Halo 3, so I would say at least 5 years.

Time anomalies makes takes the Chief back in time. The planet he’s heading to is the Shield World in Halo Wars prior to SoF getting there.

Chief fights the Covenant on the inside, accidentaly releases the flood, has a monitor for company.

Then SoF comes in and blows the place up.

Chief: WTFBOOOOOOOOM!!

On a serious note though. There are several different ways this can work.

The SoF could allready be there when the Chief arrives, they arrive at the same time, ooor 343 pulls a -Yoink- move and places the SoF there just in time to rescue the Chief and his friends.

All of these hiiiiighly unlikely, statisticaly that is, close to impossible.

The SoF is without its FTL drive, so unless the Forerunners put all their shield worlds in a cluster, then I doubt that the SoF would have gotten to the point where Chief ends up. What is it, 30 years in between? The SoF wouldn’t get far.

Unless they find another Forerunner world, or a forerunner ship to salvage. They did encounter something.

i see what you’re saying. but also remember. SoF just blew up a forerunner shield world and then soon after “Something has happened.” right beside a Forerunner shield world. i think it’s forerunner. maybe forerunners detected the shield world had been destroyed and showed up there. i think its connected somehow, we just haven’t been told how yet.