Where do you think the Organon was located?

So, where do you think the Organon is located? Since it got destroyed when the Halos activated the Organon was housed in Precursor structures. So do you think that possibly it was located in Path Kethona? Also, how did the Organon (or at least part of it) survive the Halo activation?

You did read the confession forthencho made about it being the domain right? It was subsequently destroyed with the halo array.

No John, you are the Organon!

And then John was Miranda Keyes.

Cortana was the didact.

> Cortana was the didact.

Didact was actually sealed away in his Cryptum for juggling 5 geese at once, the ultimate crime against the Mantle.

yah know, because clearly committing genocide for the sake of it isn’t a crime or anything.

> yah know, because clearly committing genocide for the sake of it isn’t a crime or anything.

It wasn’t genocide, he just wanted to use the Composer to compose humanity into geese so he could juggle them ALL to hopefully appease the Precursors into seeing why the Forerunners were worthy of the Mantle. :wink:

It all makes sense.

The Didact will compose all of humanity into geese in order to fight the Flood’s pure form: The Infamous Flood Birds

It’s the only way.

> It wasn’t genocide, he just wanted to use the Composer to compose humanity into geese so he could juggle them ALL)
[/quote]
Oh my god, the horror! Juggling geese…such a monstrous plan must be stopped at all costs!

> lol

Halo CEA terminals show that 343 lost contact with the Domain, and in Halo 4, Cortana states that something (the terminals?) are continuously refreshing or something, trying to contact the domain (that’s me paraphrasing what she said.)

So I’ve got to assume that the Domain is gone. The way I took it - the Organon is a myth to the Forerunners in the sense that it’s function was misunderstood. The thing they called the Domain is the thing they called the Organon. They thought it was a seperate treasure, one which would activate Precursor technology - as the millions of years of their history were lost, that was the story that got passed on.

Huh, I just realized (well I knew this, but hadn’t really thought much of it) that ONI has info about the Precursors now. I know how much people hate ONI (and I suppose I would if it were real) but I see it’s importance in the Halo storyline here… Wow I really wonder where Halo’s story is going now. Obviously the Precursor are going to show up eventually, I wonder if that’s in Halo 5, 6 or beyond that? I’d kinda like this trilogy without them - and in that way they can focus a buncha books and stuff on Humanity learning about the Galaxy’s ancient history in between games.

I’m gonna go check myself… but just in case it’s buried somewhere not so obvious in Primordium or Silentium, does anyone have dates in the Universe that correspond to these books?

Like is this intel gathered by ONI in like 2553, 2557, or in between or later?

> I’m gonna go check myself… but just in case it’s buried somewhere not so obvious in Primordium or Silentium, does anyone have dates in the Universe that correspond to these books?
>
> Like is this intel gathered by ONI in like 2553, 2557, or in between or later?

If you look at page 368 of Halo: Primordium They still don’t know what the “composer” is at that point. (this MIGHT mean it was before the events of halo 4, but this is purely speculative)

> Obviously the Precursor are going to show up eventually,

I don’t understand why people keep saying this when we have a direct statement that the precursors were killed off. I am positive that the forerunners found those that were dormant or else they would have been found already. They were very efficient with the extermination of the precursors. The only “conflicting” statement is with the primordal (who insists he is the last) saying that the precursors escaped outside the forerunners reach. IT may pe possible that the forerunners weren’t a tier one race when they were attacking the precursors (using their own technologies) so they couldn’t follow them.
After they became such or developed more efficient drives they then followed the precursors to path kethona and killed them there. So the primordial was locked up prior to that.

AS for the Domain 343 nor chakas ever touched it as stated in primordium and the HCEA terminals (i think on the latter).

If the precursors didn’t show up to take part in vengeance against the forerunners it wouldn’t make sense for them to randomly show up for the humans.

Beethoven was the Composer

> > Obviously the Precursor are going to show up eventually,
>
> I don’t understand why people keep saying this when we have a direct statement that the precursors were killed off. I am positive that the forerunners found those that were dormant or else they would have been found already. They were very efficient with the extermination of the precursors. The only “conflicting” statement is with the primordal (who insists he is the last) saying that the precursors escaped outside the forerunners reach. IT may pe possible that the forerunners weren’t a tier one race when they were attacking the precursors (using their own technologies) so they couldn’t follow them.
> After they became such or developed more efficient drives they then followed the precursors to path kethona and killed them there. So the primordial was locked up prior to that.
>
> AS for the Domain 343 nor chakas ever touched it as stated in primordium and the HCEA terminals (i think on the latter).
>
> If the precursors didn’t show up to take part in vengeance against the forerunners it wouldn’t make sense for them to randomly show up for the humans.

It was my understanding that many fled outside the galaxy…

The did and were killed. They ran to path kethona (The large Magellanic Cloud)

My interpretation:

The Organon was not one thing but many spread out over the stars.

Think Cloud computing instead of desktop PC.

The Oranon/Domain destruction was a huge shock to me. I was hoping we’d get so much more fiction out of them. But it really did worsen the Forerunners crime, even if they didn’t have a choice…

> I am positive that the forerunners found those that were dormant or else they would have been found already. They were very efficient with the extermination of the precursors. The only “conflicting” statement is with the primordal (who insists he is the last) saying that the precursors escaped outside the forerunners reach.
>
>
> If the precursors didn’t show up to take part in vengeance against the forerunners it wouldn’t make sense for them to randomly show up for the humans.

I don’t mean that I think they’ll show up “in person,” rather that they will be involved in the plot. Much like the Forerunner in the original trilogy, who were integral to the story but none actually showed up until Halo 4. (Although I’ll make no specific prediction in that regard, I don’t expect them to show up in person.)

But I don’t see how you can be positive that the Forerunner found those that went dormant, and I don’t see what makes you believe that they would have been found. Did I miss something? I admit I read through Silentium really quickly, and as you know, I’ve been really with more important things - so I haven’t re-read it slower yet.

> I don’t mean that I think they’ll show up “in person,” rather that they will be involved in the plot. Much like the Forerunner in the original trilogy, who were integral to the story but none actually showed up until Halo 4. (Although I’ll make no specific prediction in that regard, I don’t expect them to show up in person.)

The Precursors have been showing up in person since Halo Combat Evolved. The Flood are the Precursors. From the way it was described the Precursors are not one type of species with one single look. Over 100 billion years of existence they have taken on many different forms, evolving and changing dozens of times over. The Flood are only their newest form. “The Flood” is really just the name Humans and Forerunner gave to their attackers but really, they just see themselves as Precursors because that’s what they are.

As long as Flood spores continue to exist, the Precursors continue to exist. Guilty Spark even theorizes that the Flood could be outside our Galaxy, drifting towards us. Considering the Primordial’s statement that they will return to test Humans at a later date, I would say Guilty Spark’s theory could have some merit.

I should have clarified that I meant the Precursors who were mentioned to have gone dormant in their old form.