Where did this huge flux of people come from?

Just today, hundreds of new members made their first post. “This exceeds expectations”. It feels as if someone who is quite popular sent their minions over here to spam the forums with complaints about the lack of competitive Reach.

It is really odd. Just then I noticed that the polling booth had 70 viewing, much more than ever before. They all seem to have flooded to “Flamesword”'s post. For a member with only one post here, the replies seem as if they know who he is quite well.

Something weird going on in here.

<<
>
>

Edit: Source located:

I’m glad to have new folk around…even if only a few stay.

> I’m glad to have new folk around…even if only a few stay.

I doubt any of them will stay.

not sure if troll

Trust me, I know. But hey…

Even if only one stays out of an attempt to overrun the forums, I consider that a win.

> Just today, hundreds of new members made their first post. “This exceeds expectations”. It feels as if someone who is quite popular sent their minions over here to spam the forums with complaints about the lack of competitive Reach.
>
> It is really odd. Just then I noticed that the polling booth had 70 viewing, much more than ever before. They all seem to have flooded to “Flamesword”'s post. For a member with only one post here, the replies seem as if they know who he is quite well.
>
> Something weird going on in here.
>
> <<
> >
>

Yes, makes you wonder doesnt it.

If it is the MLG set that have sent a detachment over to spam the hell out of the place with foot-stamping demands, than thats a pretty bad show. Theyve always been free to hire a team and make their very own perfect competitive game.

Hopefully 343i isnt too receptive to such tactics.

I found the source:

He’s got 8 thousand followers, and it was retweeted a bunch of times…

If I were a moderator, I would consider this spam.

> If it is the MLG set that have sent a detachment over to spam the hell out of the place with foot-stamping demands, than thats a pretty bad show. Theyve always been free to hire a team and make their very own perfect competitive game.
>
> Hopefully 343i isnt too receptive to such tactics.

QFT

I guess we get to deal with butthurt MLG people then. As said, hopefully 343 just ignores them and continues what they are doing. I have no major problems with their changes thus far.

Interesting…

Oh…

> Interesting…

Indeed, read through from my first post on page four, and all the replies. There is no discussion value whatsoever, if you disagree, you are deemed wrong. I even copped a flamer on page 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

And the problem here is… ?

A portion of the Halo community is gathering in one spot to try and get some change around here that would benefit the competitive crowd and you sit here calling it “odd”, “weird” and “spam”. What is wrong with you? People are trying to do good and you criticize it because you don’t like it. Bravo.

No, how can you call it gathering. These are discussion forums. That is not a discussion, it is a protest. That isn’t the right way to go about giving feedback.

> And the problem here is… ?
>
> A portion of the Halo community is gathering in one spot to try and get some change around here that would benefit the competitive crowd and you sit here calling it “odd”, “weird” and “spam”. What is wrong with you? People are trying to do good and you criticize it because you don’t like it. Bravo.

No one said they don’t like it. But frankly, it’s the way that it’s being handled that’s odd or weird. The first post is definitely a well thought out description. Then using the power of the masses, a call to arms was sent out. Interesting strategy to try to overrun the forums. But frankly they could have taken a better avenue.

Just because 343 hasn’t said anything about their plans doesn’t mean they aren’t considering it. Anything’s possible. But stomping your feet while holding your breath does nothing. Their passion for this is not in question at all. Nor is their message. Their methods are what’s under scrutiny as of now.

80% of those people will never post again.

MLG says and people follow.

honestly, i think MLG is turning from a community in to a cult, that little stunt sort of shows what i mean by this aswell.

> > And the problem here is… ?
> >
> > A portion of the Halo community is gathering in one spot to try and get some change around here that would benefit the competitive crowd and you sit here calling it “odd”, “weird” and “spam”. What is wrong with you? People are trying to do good and you criticize it because you don’t like it. Bravo.
>
> No one said they don’t like it. But frankly, it’s the way that it’s being handled that’s odd or weird. The first post is definitely a well thought out description. Then using the power of the masses, a call to arms was sent out. Interesting strategy to try to overrun the forums. But frankly they could have taken a better avenue.
>
> Just because 343 hasn’t said anything about their plans doesn’t mean they aren’t considering it. Anything’s possible. But stomping your feet while holding your breath does nothing. Their passion for this is not in question at all. Nor is their message. Their methods are what’s under scrutiny as of now.

Load of BS. All I see is a whole lot of people flowing into 1 thread, 1 thread, and showing their support for ranks to return. That’s it. No one’s trying to overrun or ‘attack’ the forums. I don’t see anyone stomping their feet and holding their breath either. Just support for an idea in 1 thread.

Oh, and great idea. Maybe we all should just “I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking.!” because maybe, just maybe 343 are doing something. Maybe. They won’t say anything, but you know… just maybe they might do something. Maybe.

> 80% of those people will never post again.

I would say more closer to 99%…

While the OP may provide discussion, the replies have turned it in to a petition, which is against the rules. A large majority of the posts in it are simple sentences that just state something along the lines of “I Agree.” They’re just hurting themselves by doing that.

>

Load of BS. All I see is a whole lot of people flowing into 1 thread, 1 thread, and showing their support for ranks to return. That’s it. No one’s trying to overrun or ‘attack’ the forums. I don’t see anyone stomping their feet and holding their breath either. Just support for an idea in 1 thread.

Oh, and great idea. Maybe we all should just “I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking.!” because maybe, just maybe 343 are doing something. Maybe. They won’t say anything, but you know… just maybe they might do something. Maybe.
[/quote]
Well lucky this isn’t about what you see. They’ve been elsewhere trying their hands.

And no one said to quiet down. I just said the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. You seem to miss the point. Until a definite answer is given, there is still a chance. But just because there is no answer yet doesn’t mean anyone is being ignored. This is what their cries sound like right now. But I know how most people think these things should go.

> > > And the problem here is… ?
> > >
> > > A portion of the Halo community is gathering in one spot to try and get some change around here that would benefit the competitive crowd and you sit here calling it “odd”, “weird” and “spam”. What is wrong with you? People are trying to do good and you criticize it because you don’t like it. Bravo.
> >
> > No one said they don’t like it. But frankly, it’s the way that it’s being handled that’s odd or weird. The first post is definitely a well thought out description. Then using the power of the masses, a call to arms was sent out. Interesting strategy to try to overrun the forums. But frankly they could have taken a better avenue.
> >
> > Just because 343 hasn’t said anything about their plans doesn’t mean they aren’t considering it. Anything’s possible. But stomping your feet while holding your breath does nothing. Their passion for this is not in question at all. Nor is their message. Their methods are what’s under scrutiny as of now.
>
> Load of BS. All I see is a whole lot of people flowing into 1 thread, 1 thread, and showing their support for ranks to return. That’s it. No one’s trying to overrun or ‘attack’ the forums. I don’t see anyone stomping their feet and holding their breath either. Just support for an idea in 1 thread.
>
> Oh, and great idea. Maybe we all should just “I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking.!” because maybe, just maybe 343 are doing something. Maybe. They won’t say anything, but you know… just maybe they might do something. Maybe.

so then why do they show their support when an MLG pro tells them to?

i find it odd that they never voice their views but when an MLG pro asks for support they come flocking in the bucket loads.

you shouldn’t need to ask for support anyway, if you are asking for support then it’s likely that your view and opinion is weak and need support to make it stronger.