Where did the Soldiers come from?

In Halo 4, there were the three variants of the mechanical Prometheans on Requiem. Now there is this new variant, the Soldier. Where do yo uthink this variant of the Prometheans came from, as they’re clearly not from Requiem.

I doubt Requiem was the only place capable of manufacturing Promethean constructs. Human essences were seen stored on Installation 03 for example.

Unsure but 1 resembles a human more, another resembles an Elite more. It’d be scary to think Catherine feels composed beings are a resource to be used.

She thought children were a resource to be used so why not? Sure she felt bad about it, but the ends justify the means right?

I’d imagine that the Didact might have been experimenting with his mechanical Prometheans in different areas. It’s possible that he built schematics for new forms which he wasn’t able to use prior to the Reclaimation conflict. I also think he might have been able to salvage some more Forerunner technology since his assault on Earth and the battle at Installation 03.

They’re in the book, Hunters In The Dark. So they appeared from the Lesser Ark, at the least.I’m honestly not surprised there isn’t new Promethean variants. The Composer’s Forge could be where they originated, though Escalation makes this appear to not be the case.

They do talk, and Warden Eternal is clearly a super BA Soldier, so I’m assuming they’re composed Forerunners, which could mean that they were created along with the first patch of Knights.

Not sure where to ask this, so might as well do it here:

Was it ever explained what happened to the leftover forerunners? There were some still alive after the halo array fired. For example, Endurance-of Will was a forerunner that stayed on Requiem to watch over the Didact (Silentium). Was it ever explained what happened to her?

They are manufactured just like the Sentinels, the reason we have started to see them more is because Cortana is mass producing them again. Soldiers were first encountered on the damaged ARK by humanity I believe.

Also I wouldn’t Necropost in the future, thread will probably get locked.

EDIT: reply to post below

First part o my post was to the thread title, second part was o you, Endurance was a Forerunner promethean who was willingly composed into a knight, she was then recovered by the UNSC in 2558.

> 2533274904245048;8:
> They are manufactured just like the Sentinels, the reason we have started to see them more is because Cortana is mass producing them again. Soldiers were first encountered on the damaged ARK by humanity I believe.
>
> Also I wouldn’t Necropost in the future, thread will probably get locked.

Are you replying to me? As Endurance was an actual forerunner, not a composed promethean

> 2533274840469109;1:
> In Halo 4, there were the three variants of the mechanical Prometheans on Requiem. Now there is this new variant, the Soldier. Where do yo uthink this variant of the Prometheans came from, as they’re clearly not from Requiem.

Well, when mummy and daddy Promethean got together , lol. On topic, not sure intreresting question.

> 2533274808539505;7:
> Not sure where to ask this, so might as well do it here:
>
> Was it ever explained what happened to the leftover forerunners? There were some still alive after the halo array fired. For example, Endurance-of Will was a forerunner that stayed on Requiem to watch over the Didact (Silentium). Was it ever explained what happened to her?

Please don’t revive old topics thanks, you are welcome to start a new topic to ask your question and reference this thread if necessary :slight_smile: