Where d you think Blue Team is? (H2A SPOILERS!!!)

This contains spoilers to the prologue and epilogue of Halo 2 Anniversary to those who haven’t played. In the prologue it’s shown Locke and some other Spartan IVs are meeting with Thel in attempt to find Master Chief. In the epilogue Locke reveals that Chief has gone AWOL and the UNSC wants him back (congrats to those who called it, awesome prediction). My question is, where do you think the rest of Blue Team is, and do you thin kthey would have any idea where their leader is, since they were last all seen fighting together in Escalation 10.

It’s not just their location that interests me, but just the entire situation in general. Do they know that he’s gone AWOL? Would they/how could they find out? If they don’t find out, I’d assume that they’re still with the chief, but I find it difficult to assume that John could keep up that story of his forever. Plus I don’t buy the assumption that he is totally comfortable with not telling the truth to them.

So how would they react when he did tell them, or if they find out on their own? I think that’s the key to the answer here. You get their stance on the scenario, you get their location.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> This contains spoilers to the prologue and epilogue of Halo 2 Anniversary to those who haven’t played. In the prologue it’s shown Locke and some other Spartan IVs are meeting with Thel in attempt to find Master Chief. In the epilogue Locke reveals that Chief has gone AWOL and the UNSC wants him back (congrats to those who called it, awesome prediction). My question is, where do you think the rest of Blue Team is, and do you thin kthey would have any idea where their leader is, since they were last all seen fighting together in Escalation 10.

“Thel” as you referred to him is also known as " the Arbiter."

> 2533274840469109;1:
> This contains spoilers to the prologue and epilogue of Halo 2 Anniversary to those who haven’t played. In the prologue it’s shown Locke and some other Spartan IVs are meeting with Thel in attempt to find Master Chief. In the epilogue Locke reveals that Chief has gone AWOL and the UNSC wants him back (congrats to those who called it, awesome prediction). My question is, where do you think the rest of Blue Team is, and do you thin kthey would have any idea where their leader is, since they were last all seen fighting together in Escalation 10.

I haven’t seen the comic for Escalation 10 (I WANT TO) but judging on how all the Spartans are family (for the most part) I don’t think that Blue Team even believes that Master Chief isn’t up to something good for the Covenant. You have to remember, these guys were all raised/trained together. They know each other very well. If they were last fighting together in Escalation 10 then I’m sure they know he is not just AWOL or going against his duty to the UNSC. FYI…I LOVE playing through this and reliving the books…everything is making sense!

Didn’t Chief go AWOL with Blue team? That’s what I was under the impression of.

> 2533274975398392;5:
> Didn’t Chief go AWOL with Blue team? That’s what I was under the impression of.

That’s what I garnered from the end of TN72H. How people have come to a different conclusion is beyond me.

> 2533274975398392;5:
> Didn’t Chief go AWOL with Blue team? That’s what I was under the impression of.

From what we’ve seen from Escalation, he did go with them. However, he never told them in the issue that they were going AWOL, at least not from my knowledge.

I suspect that something may have happened where Blue Team decided to ditch Chief, but I can’t say for sure.

I doubt Blue Team ditched Chief. I suspect a 4 player Campaign with Chief and Blue team a playable characters on Co-op, then when we play as Locke there’s his 3 spartans. So it seems like it’s set up to be a 4 player campaign. And if blue team could figure out Chief was going AWOL which wouldn’t be to hard to figure out i’m sure they would turn him in.

> 2533274860417792;7:
> > 2533274975398392;5:
> > Didn’t Chief go AWOL with Blue team? That’s what I was under the impression of.
>
>
> From what we’ve seen from Escalation, he did go with them. However, he never told them in the issue that they were going AWOL, at least not from my knowledge.
>
> I suspect that something may have happened where Blue Team decided to ditch Chief, but I can’t say for sure.

Ditched Chief? You have to go back to the beginning of the Spartan program to know they would NEVER do that. They understand that they need everyone for this war and they would have taken Chief back in chains if they felt that they had to.

The way I see it, there’s only 3 logical states of being the rest of Blue Team could be in by the time of ‘Halo 5’:

  1. They’re with the Chief.
  2. They’ve been separated from the Chief and the UNSC somehow.
  3. They’re dead.

As implied by the Arbiter, the Chief will obviously have gone missing for good reason(s). I feel at this point the S-IIs, especially the members of Blue Team, would be very willing to forgo UNSC protocol if the fate of the galaxy was at stake (which I’m sure it will be). Also Kelly, Fred, and Linda would not simply abandon John at this point - as his closest remaining friends & family, it would be extremely out of character for them to do so. Moreover, if they had (and therefore would have at least an idea of why John went missing), why would the UNSC be sending Locke (who obviously has no idea about the reason) and not them to bring him back? So, clearly they’re not with the UNSC at the very least. But we don’t know if they’re with the Chief for sure either; so maybe during their travels they’ve since been separated from the Chief or each other and stranded somewhere (which is what has happened to them before pretty much every main title game). Which of course then leaves the final option of them simply being killed off somehow in the interim - not something I or the majority of fans want to see happen by a longshot, but it is still a possibility.

Obviously something will eventually have to explain what happens to them between ‘Escalation’ issue #10 and ‘Halo 5’…Only time will tell which option will end up being true though.

> 2533274920039666;10:
> The way I see it, there’s only 3 logical states of being the rest of Blue Team could be in by the time of ‘Halo 5’:
>
> 1) They’re with the Chief.
> 2) They’ve been separated from the Chief and the UNSC somehow.
> 3) They’re dead.
>
> As implied by the Arbiter, the Chief will obviously have gone missing for good reason(s). I feel at this point the S-IIs, especially the members of Blue Team, would be very willing to forgo UNSC protocol if the fate of the galaxy was at stake (which I’m sure it will be). Also Kelly, Fred, and Linda would not simply abandon John at this point - as his closest remaining friends & family, it would be extremely out of character for them to do so. Moreover, if they had (and therefore would have at least an idea of why John went missing), why would the UNSC be sending Locke (who obviously has no idea about the reason) and not them to bring him back? So, clearly they’re not with the UNSC at the very least. But we don’t know if they’re with the Chief for sure either; so maybe during their travels they’ve since been separated from the Chief or each other and stranded somewhere (which is what has happened to them before pretty much every main title game). Which of course then leaves the final option of them simply being killed off somehow in the interim - not something I or the majority of fans want to see happen by a longshot, but it is still a possibility.
>
> Obviously something will eventually have to explain what happens to them between ‘Escalation’ issue #10 and ‘Halo 5’…Only time will tell which option will end up being true though.

Nice thoughts.
However I do not agree with your assumption that Blue Team must be with John (because otherwise they would have been sent to retrieve John).
If the UNSC was trying to retrieve John who had gone AWOL, why would they send 3 of their other most valuable personel - who look to John as their leader - to retrieve him? We don’t yet know the precise reason he is AWOL, but UNSC leadership would rightfully suspect that John holds more respect & sway to Blue Team than anyone else in the UNSC - therefore, why would they send some of their most valuable assets (Kelly, Linda, Fred) who are likely to be lost (join John) in the process)?
No, whether Blue Team is with the UNSC, somewhere else, or with John already, it makes sense to send a highly-trained Spec.Ops soldier (Spartan Locke), who has minimal history with the S-IIs, to retrieve John.

> 2533274983624405;11:
> > 2533274920039666;10:
> > The way I see it, there’s only 3 logical states of being the rest of Blue Team could be in by the time of ‘Halo 5’:
> >
> > 1) They’re with the Chief.
> > 2) They’ve been separated from the Chief and the UNSC somehow.
> > 3) They’re dead.
> >
> > As implied by the Arbiter, the Chief will obviously have gone missing for good reason(s). I feel at this point the S-IIs, especially the members of Blue Team, would be very willing to forgo UNSC protocol if the fate of the galaxy was at stake (which I’m sure it will be). Also Kelly, Fred, and Linda would not simply abandon John at this point - as his closest remaining friends & family, it would be extremely out of character for them to do so. Moreover, if they had (and therefore would have at least an idea of why John went missing), why would the UNSC be sending Locke (who obviously has no idea about the reason) and not them to bring him back? So, clearly they’re not with the UNSC at the very least. But we don’t know if they’re with the Chief for sure either; so maybe during their travels they’ve since been separated from the Chief or each other and stranded somewhere (which is what has happened to them before pretty much every main title game). Which of course then leaves the final option of them simply being killed off somehow in the interim - not something I or the majority of fans want to see happen by a longshot, but it is still a possibility.
> >
> > Obviously something will eventually have to explain what happens to them between ‘Escalation’ issue #10 and ‘Halo 5’…Only time will tell which option will end up being true though.
>
>
> Nice thoughts.
> However I do not agree with your assumption that Blue Team must be with John (because otherwise they would have been sent to retrieve John).
> If the UNSC was trying to retrieve John who had gone AWOL, why would they send 3 of their other most valuable personel - who look to John as their leader - to retrieve him? We don’t yet know the precise reason he is AWOL, but UNSC leadership would rightfully suspect that John holds more respect & sway to Blue Team than anyone else in the UNSC - therefore, why would they send some of their most valuable assets (Kelly, Linda, Fred) who are likely to be lost (join John) in the process)?
> No, whether Blue Team is with the UNSC, somewhere else, or with John already, it makes sense to send a highly-trained Spec.Ops soldier (Spartan Locke), who has minimal history with the S-IIs, to retrieve John.

Hmm IF Blue Team is with John, it would explain why Locke has a team of Spartans with him, of course he could have them anyway, for Chief.

> 2533274848939889;12:
> > 2533274983624405;11:
> > > 2533274920039666;10:
> > > The way I see it, there’s only 3 logical states of being the rest of Blue Team could be in by the time of ‘Halo 5’:
> > >
> > > 1) They’re with the Chief.
> > > 2) They’ve been separated from the Chief and the UNSC somehow.
> > > 3) They’re dead.
> > >
> > > As implied by the Arbiter, the Chief will obviously have gone missing for good reason(s). I feel at this point the S-IIs, especially the members of Blue Team, would be very willing to forgo UNSC protocol if the fate of the galaxy was at stake (which I’m sure it will be). Also Kelly, Fred, and Linda would not simply abandon John at this point - as his closest remaining friends & family, it would be extremely out of character for them to do so. Moreover, if they had (and therefore would have at least an idea of why John went missing), why would the UNSC be sending Locke (who obviously has no idea about the reason) and not them to bring him back? So, clearly they’re not with the UNSC at the very least. But we don’t know if they’re with the Chief for sure either; so maybe during their travels they’ve since been separated from the Chief or each other and stranded somewhere (which is what has happened to them before pretty much every main title game). Which of course then leaves the final option of them simply being killed off somehow in the interim - not something I or the majority of fans want to see happen by a longshot, but it is still a possibility.
> > >
> > > Obviously something will eventually have to explain what happens to them between ‘Escalation’ issue #10 and ‘Halo 5’…Only time will tell which option will end up being true though.
> >
> >
> >
> > Nice thoughts.
> > However I do not agree with your assumption that Blue Team must be with John (because otherwise they would have been sent to retrieve John).
> > If the UNSC was trying to retrieve John who had gone AWOL, why would they send 3 of their other most valuable personel - who look to John as their leader - to retrieve him? We don’t yet know the precise reason he is AWOL, but UNSC leadership would rightfully suspect that John holds more respect & sway to Blue Team than anyone else in the UNSC - therefore, why would they send some of their most valuable assets (Kelly, Linda, Fred) who are likely to be lost (join John) in the process)?
> > No, whether Blue Team is with the UNSC, somewhere else, or with John already, it makes sense to send a highly-trained Spec.Ops soldier (Spartan Locke), who has minimal history with the S-IIs, to retrieve John.
>
>
> Hmm IF Blue Team is with John, it would explain why Locke has a team of Spartans with him, of course he could have them anyway, for Chief.

If we are going to entertain that train of thought:
If Blue Team was with John, the UNSC would be smart enough to send more than one S-IV fire-team to retrieve an AWOL/resistant Blue Team.
Hell, they’d need to send the whole -Yoink!- S-IV program (that isn’t already committed to action somewhere else).

Either way… I will have taken a LOT for blue team to NOT go AWOL with the chief (as well as a super good reason). Although I don’t think its out of the realm of possibility for Blue team to be hunting him as well (not to kill, but more like finding out why the heck he left)

> 2533274860417792;7:
> > 2533274975398392;5:
> > Didn’t Chief go AWOL with Blue team? That’s what I was under the impression of.
>
>
>
> From what we’ve seen from Escalation, he did go with them. However, he never told them in the issue that they were going AWOL, at least not from my knowledge.
>
> I suspect that something may have happened where Blue Team decided to ditch Chief, but I can’t say for sure.

Actually if you read chiefs bio on waypoint it claims blue team also decided with cheif about going AWOL… All it says is “they would turn down the opportunity for R&R, instead embarking on missions that remain classified”. While it’s not a direct hint, it is in slight conflict with the comic.

> 2533274920039666;10:
> The way I see it, there’s only 3 logical states of being the rest of Blue Team could be in by the time of ‘Halo 5’:
>
> 1) They’re with the Chief.
> 2) They’ve been separated from the Chief and the UNSC somehow.
> 3) They’re dead.
>
> As implied by the Arbiter, the Chief will obviously have gone missing for good reason(s). I feel at this point the S-IIs, especially the members of Blue Team, would be very willing to forgo UNSC protocol if the fate of the galaxy was at stake (which I’m sure it will be). Also Kelly, Fred, and Linda would not simply abandon John at this point - as his closest remaining friends & family, it would be extremely out of character for them to do so. Moreover, if they had (and therefore would have at least an idea of why John went missing), why would the UNSC be sending Locke (who obviously has no idea about the reason) and not them to bring him back? So, clearly they’re not with the UNSC at the very least. But we don’t know if they’re with the Chief for sure either; so maybe during their travels they’ve since been separated from the Chief or each other and stranded somewhere (which is what has happened to them before pretty much every main title game). Which of course then leaves the final option of them simply being killed off somehow in the interim - not something I or the majority of fans want to see happen by a longshot, but it is still a possibility.
>
> Obviously something will eventually have to explain what happens to them between ‘Escalation’ issue #10 and ‘Halo 5’…Only time will tell which option will end up being true though.

What I’m hoping here is that you are correct in every aspect and that Locke and his team is nothing short of one BIG surprise when they meet up with Chief and realize he is kicking butt with Blue team. Like you said, they are family…the only options are the 3 you mentioned…hoping for reason 1 to be true O.O

Unless more media featuring post-Halo 4 Master Chief is released between now and Halo 5, it is certain that Blue Team WILL appear in the game and WILL be alongside the Master Chief.

The we last we saw of them was that they refused to enter R&R and instead went on their own missions with the intention of doing what they think is necessary without being ordered to do so by the UNSC. That pretty much sets then up as AWOL regardless of if their intentions aren’t malicious.