Where can you report smurf accounts to 343?

I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?

There’s no reporting system outside Xbox Live.

You can try sending a tweet to @ske7ch or @Unyshek.

Smurfs are like weeds; you can pull them all out of the yard one day but…

They will be back

> 2533274920070188;1:
> I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?

Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.

I mean technically it’s not breaking any rules? So I don’t think 343 would really do anything since well they aren’t doing anything “bad” in their eyes besides them being toxic

> 2533274826414432;4:
> > 2533274920070188;1:
> > I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?
>
> Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.

While it’s true that you have your nub stompers, people create smurfs to,
-Find matches easier. On main accounts it takes a good amount of time to find matches, and that’s if you do.
-Play with their lesser skilled friends

> 2533275018127719;6:
> > 2533274826414432;4:
> > > 2533274920070188;1:
> > > I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?
> >
> > Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.
>
> While it’s true that you have your nub stompers, people create smurfs to,
> -Find matches easier. On main accounts it takes a good amount of time to find matches, and that’s if you do.
> -Play with their lesser skilled friends

And if that is what they are doing then I have no real problem with that because they typically will be playing more of the social games. However, when you play an arena match against 3-4 players under SR40 that all get several perfect kills you know neither of those reasons are the case. Warzone in a Smurf account puts you at a slight disadvantage because you do not have all of the REQ’s, but if you are a great player getting matched as if you are new then you will still have the overall advantage. It is not an issue of skilled players finding a match at all with their original account, it is the problem of them finding matches against lesser players they have an issue with. Overall I would say most of the highest level players do not have a Smurf account because they take pride in showing their hard work. It is more likely to be the players who are in the top 10-30% that create Smurfs because they don’t like matching against the top 10% and admitting they are not as good as they think they are.

> 2533274826414432;7:
> > 2533275018127719;6:
> > > 2533274826414432;4:
> > > > 2533274920070188;1:
> > > > I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?
> > >
> > > Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.
> >
> > While it’s true that you have your nub stompers, people create smurfs to,
> > -Find matches easier. On main accounts it takes a good amount of time to find matches, and that’s if you do.
> > -Play with their lesser skilled friends
>
> And if that is what they are doing then I have no real problem with that because they typically will be playing more of the social games. However, when you play an arena match against 3-4 players under SR40 that all get several perfect kills you know neither of those reasons are the case. Warzone in a Smurf account puts you at a slight disadvantage because you do not have all of the REQ’s, but if you are a great player getting matched as if you are new then you will still have the overall advantage. It is not an issue of skilled players finding a match at all with their original account, it is the problem of them finding matches against lesser players they have an issue with. Overall I would say most of the highest level players do not have a Smurf account because they take pride in showing their hard work. It is more likely to be the players who are in the top 10-30% that create Smurfs because they don’t like matching against the top 10% and admitting they are not as good as they think they are.

Hate to disagree, but I’m telling you now, most of the people I associate with have had multi-champ seasons for multiple seasons. They create smurphs simply due to the fact that matches are hard to come by in most playlists due to MMR restrictions.

It’s as simple as that. Not to smash -Yoink!-. Not to circumvent the system. Simply to play the game since the game has a hard time matching them on their mains. Even I have an alt that I’ll play on (very rarely) if people wanna do btb as more than a team of 4 (which I am very reluctant to ever do either).

> 2533274795739611;8:
> > 2533274826414432;7:
> > > 2533275018127719;6:
> > > > 2533274826414432;4:
> > > > > 2533274920070188;1:
> > > > > I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?
> > > >
> > > > Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.
> > >
> > > While it’s true that you have your nub stompers, people create smurfs to,
> > > -Find matches easier. On main accounts it takes a good amount of time to find matches, and that’s if you do.
> > > -Play with their lesser skilled friends
> >
> > And if that is what they are doing then I have no real problem with that because they typically will be playing more of the social games. However, when you play an arena match against 3-4 players under SR40 that all get several perfect kills you know neither of those reasons are the case. Warzone in a Smurf account puts you at a slight disadvantage because you do not have all of the REQ’s, but if you are a great player getting matched as if you are new then you will still have the overall advantage. It is not an issue of skilled players finding a match at all with their original account, it is the problem of them finding matches against lesser players they have an issue with. Overall I would say most of the highest level players do not have a Smurf account because they take pride in showing their hard work. It is more likely to be the players who are in the top 10-30% that create Smurfs because they don’t like matching against the top 10% and admitting they are not as good as they think they are.
>
> Hate to disagree, but I’m telling you now, most of the people I associate with have had multi-champ seasons for multiple seasons. They create smurphs simply due to the fact that matches are hard to come by in most playlists due to MMR restrictions.
>
> It’s as simple as that. Not to smash -Yoink!-. Not to circumvent the system. Simply to play the game since the game has a hard time matching them on their mains. Even I have an alt that I’ll play on (very rarely) if people wanna do btb as more than a team of 4 (which I am very reluctant to ever do either).

See you are talking about the Champs that do this to get matches and then end up more than likely as a Champ in their other account or at least a high level Onyx and not encounter the more casual players outside of their first match or two. Those players would most likely be creating their alt’s for that specific reason and would be the top 10% of players that do it for that and not to just stomp on lower level players. The ones I have an issue with are the ones who create their alt accounts specifically to play against lower competition to make themselves feel better, the ones that bomb their first couple of matches on purpose to get silver rank and then beat up on people while they work their way up closer to where they belong.

How do you differentiate the two? There really is now way. Even if it’s not against the rules per se it is an unsporting thing to do, and that is one of the reportable things on Xbox.
I think the biggest thing that 343 can/will do right now is just to make sure that the system ranks them in the right category within a few games. But then they just make another one so the cycle just continues.

I usually report and report every one that I find that I believe to be a Smurf. Check their profile low gamerscore, games played, and number of friends. I have run into some that play really well with low SR’s, and immediately thought it was a Smurf. Then after looking at their profile the high gamerscore showed I was wrong. I also try to determine who they are playing with, because a lot of the time they are playing with legit friends. I report them all with a note attached. If it is important to you this is what needs to be done to draw attention to the problem.

The worst example of team Smurfs I have come across was a team of three who all deliberately were dying throughout the game. After looking at their history it was obvious they were doing this every so often to keep their MMR and CSR low. Apparently this is a known issue and something that they are working on to fix. I did post about this particular group in the matchmaking thread. It was so frustrating since I was matched with them a couple of times.

Unless you can prove they were doing something shady like boosting accounts or purposely playing terrible to get easier opponents for themselves or others, I don’t think there’s much 343 can do.

There’s no rule breaking in smurfing, making a smurf account was even advocated on here ( for players getting large amounts of heavy aim )
why do you want to report them ? To be fair there rampant but can you blame people just looking for a game , also the mmr means players pretty quickly start matching similarly ranked players after only a few games.

Even though smurfs are cheap it’s technically not breaking any rules

> 2533274826414432;4:
> > 2533274920070188;1:
> > I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?
>
> Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.

Still, 343 should be able to find out something is wrong when people lose or do not finish exactly 10 games in a row and the start winning all of a sudden.

Here a dude I played against: CENSORED. He is ranked a bronze player, but somehow manages to get 25 kills and 3 deaths in a game against 4 gold players.

Check his game stats. Loses or DNF 10 games in a row for Doubles, Slayer and HaloWC preview. After that he starts winning EVERYTHING. I send him a message asking why he needs to ruin other peoples games. All he sends me back is heart icons. What a -Yoink-.

Anyway, the dude starts out as a bronze player and is now having dozens and dozens of easy games, ruining other peoples experience. He’s now silver in all 3 categories, but is probably a diamond or higher player.

Easy solution: if someone wins or DNF 10 games in a row for a certain gamemode and starts winning, lets say 3 games in a row right after that, 343 should be able to block that profile right away instead of letting this person work his way up through countless of matches against bronze, silver, gold etc. players.

> 2533274920070188;14:
> Still, 343 should be able to find out something is wrong when people lose or do not finish exactly 10 games in a row and the start winning all of a sudden.
> <snip>

Just a friendly heads-up that calling out individuals isn’t allowed on Waypoint, so you should remove the link if you want your post to remain.

> 2533274862181038;15:
> > 2533274920070188;14:
> > > 2533274826414432;4:
> > > > 2533274920070188;1:
> > > > I know where and how to report on Xbox, but I have no clue where to report them tot 343. Anyone has any idea?
> > >
> > > Smurfs accounts are not technically a violation of any rule as far as I know of, so I don’t think there is anywhere to report them. I cannot stand them and do not understand why any player who thinks they are good feel they need to create a new account to play against lesser competition. If someone is posting in forums with an alternate account that is not used for playing though there is a way to report the multiple accounts and get them banned from the forums.
> >
> > Still, 343 should be able to find out something is wrong when people lose or do not finish exactly 10 games in a row and the start winning all of a sudden.
> >
> > Here a dude I played against: CENSORED. He is ranked a bronze player, but somehow manages to get 25 kills and 3 deaths in a game against 4 gold players.
> >
> > Check his game stats. Loses or DNF 10 games in a row for Doubles, Slayer and HaloWC preview. After that he starts winning EVERYTHING. I send him a message asking why he needs to ruin other peoples games. All he sends me back is heart icons. What a -Yoink-.
> >
> > Anyway, the dude starts out as a bronze player and is now having dozens and dozens of easy games, ruining other peoples experience. He’s now silver in all 3 categories, but is probably a diamond or higher player.
> >
> > Easy solution: if someone wins or DNF 10 games in a row for a certain gamemode and starts winning, lets say 3 games in a row right after that, 343 should be able to block that profile right away instead of letting this person work his way up through countless of matches against bronze, silver, gold etc. players.
>
> Just a friendly heads-up that calling out individuals isn’t allowed on Waypoint, so you should remove the link if you want your post to remain.

Thanks. I can’t edit your post, so the link is still there. Can you edit your post? :slight_smile:

> 2533274920070188;16:
> Thanks. I can’t edit your post, so the link is still there. Can you edit your post? :slight_smile:

Good call.

Additionally, try sending a private message to ZaedynFel, who is in charge of matchmaking, etc. He’s busy but tries to be helpful.

At this point, smurfs are the least of our problems in gaming.

> 2535427113648813;18:
> At this point, smurfs are the least of our problems in gaming.

I wouldn’t say the least… :S

To answer your question. 343 won’t do anything. The only people who can or will are Microsoft. You’ll have to report them via. Xbox Live. I will also note that the only violation of rules that can be accounted for, is the constant creation of new accounts to abuse the free xbox live gold. Another potential violation is that new accounts for good players are generally created by modders or trolls because they’ve already been banned. But without evidence (even with) the MS termination unit are pretty useless.