Where are the ODST's?

I realize that many of the Spartan IV’s are likely former ODST’s, but are there that many Spartan IV’s that there are no longer ODST’s at all?

They are not even mentioned in the campaign let alone their absence explained.

How does this make sense in the story, it is only four years after Halo 3 afterall?

I had hoped all of them had died with their terrible, terrible game. Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

i’d like ODST’s back if they can fight for themselves

sure, they’re not supposed to win all engagements they come into, but they should be able to stand their ground, and actually Help me

i want to fight WITH them, not FOR them

> <mark>I had hoped all of them had died with their terrible, terrible game.</mark> Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

Who the Spartan IVs? I agree.

> i want to fight WITH them, not FOR them

You fight for everyone, at all times.

The only times allies are useful is when they are the gunner in a vehicle, and even then they make bone-head mistakes.

> I had hoped all of them had died <mark>with their terrible, terrible game.</mark> Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

ODST was a terrible game? I can understand complaining about the price but it had the best Firefight in the series, aswell as all of the halo 3 map packs and arguably the best story in a halo game. I know people have opinioins but in no way was ODST a terrible game, infact it was a fantastic game

> > i want to fight WITH them, not FOR them
>
> You fight for everyone, at all times.
>
> The only times allies are useful is when they are the gunner in a vehicle, and even then they make bone-head mistakes.

actually give a marine a power weapon and it works amazing :smiley:

halo odst was good :o

i hope they bring em back in halo 5 because then (in the halo world) the marines would have had more time to advance to ODST’s if the original ODST’s had been turned into spartans for H4

maybe palmer scared them away.

ODSTS drop down drop pods like pure harassed. Badassery has automatically surpassed anything anything I’ve ever seen, that’s even remotely amazing from a Spartan IV.

> I had hoped all of them had died with their terrible, terrible game. Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

ODST was a freaking awesome game with awesome music -_-.

OT: but I believe most were integrated with the Spartan-IV program.

> I had hoped all of them had died with their terrible, terrible game. Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

spits out water

Face-palm

ODST was the best. I actually found the campaign quite impressive. For that matter, Firefight was by far the best. I had only wished Reach had a good FF like that and also…you can’t deny the soundtrack. I had ranked that the best, even better than Halo 4’s soundtrack.

> I had hoped all of them had died with their <mark>terrible, terrible game</mark>. Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

does a spit-take and chokes to death on his coffee

Well they might be there but we don’t see them because the Infinity crashed on Requiem or at least why we don’t see the pods im sure they weren’t put in because they was no need for them in the game but i do miss them

343i just chose not to include them for whatever reason; perhaps they didn’t have time to add them. Regardless, there are undoubtedly ODSTs stationed on the Infinity, we just don’t see them.

I dont think they’re gone. But the history of Halo 4 takes always place on the Infinity, home of the Spartans IVs. A ship full of Spartans have no need of ODSTs.

In my opinion, ODSTs are still a big part of the UNSC.

> <mark>I had hoped all of them had died with their terrible, terrible game.</mark> Other than that you’re correct, a lot did become Spartans, I’m not sure exactly how many.

Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion man.

> > i want to fight WITH them, not FOR them
>
> You fight for everyone, at all times.
>
> The only times allies are useful is when they are the gunner in a vehicle, and even then they make bone-head mistakes.

I know right? 3 times now in campaign I got a bone head CPU the kept shooting me on a warthog. He made a bad call considering I was on a Scorpion, :stuck_out_tongue:

I think there should be SPARTAN ODST’s.

ODST is more like a tactic, than it is a division… Master chief did use drop pods in halo 2, so why not dedicate a spartan team to dropping?