Where are the last gen screenshots?

So far all we’ve seen is high end PC screenshots, which from a Xbox player standpoint isn’t good. I have the series X so I can assume it will look very similar but what about base Xbox one/S/X players? When will they get to see how the game will look and run on their machines.

After the disaster that was Cyberpunk 2077 last year, 343i are potentially walking into the same predicament. Those players deserve to see the game running on their machines.

After the public’s reaction to the gameplay demo I’m not shocked they haven’t shown any. The game got some serious criticism for its graphics so it makes sense they only want to release their best looking materials right now.

Id guess the earliest we’ll see it running on last-gen consoles is E3 but it wouldn’t surprise me if they only showed series X/PC versions there too. You might have to wait for the review embargo to lift and and gameplay comparison vids start popping up a week or less before release.

This is normal for every game. They don’t show recommended spec screenshots on PC lol.

Probably closer to launch, at least I hope. Like you said, don’t want to replicate another Cyberpunk where everyone on the old systems were blind sided.

> 2812739231567241;1:
> So far all we’ve seen is high end PC screenshots, which from a Xbox player standpoint isn’t good. I have the series X so I can assume it will look very similar but what about base Xbox one/S/X players? When will they get to see how the game will look and run on their machines.
>
> After the disaster that was Cyberpunk 2077 last year, 343i are potentially walking into the same predicament. Those players deserve to see the game running on their machines.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Cyberpunk is a completely different type of game. It’s possible halo infinite would’ve been similar if it released last year, but it has been delayed a whole year. Yes I know cyberpunk was delayed 3 or 4 times, but each delay was only a month or 2, and in total it was delayed about 6 months. Halo infinite has much more potential for polish. The demo last year wasn’t great, but I feel much more confident after seeing a legit gameplay demo rather than the doctored crap most companies show off. My worry is that 343 will try too hard to please the manchildren who whine about every aspect of the last few games, instead of the rest of us.

> 2533275031939856;4:
> Probably closer to launch, at least I hope. Like you said, don’t want to replicate another Cyberpunk where everyone on the old systems were blind sided.

The problem with Cyberpunk is that the people on newer systems were just as blindsided.

> 2585548714655118;6:
> > 2533275031939856;4:
> > Probably closer to launch, at least I hope. Like you said, don’t want to replicate another Cyberpunk where everyone on the old systems were blind sided.
>
> The problem with Cyberpunk is that the people on newer systems were just as blindsided.

True I probably should have just said consoles in general considering to this day there’s still no actual current gen versions. Just back compat last gen versions lol

> 2812739231567241;1:
> So far all we’ve seen is high end PC screenshots, which from a Xbox player standpoint isn’t good. I have the series X so I can assume it will look very similar but what about base Xbox one/S/X players? When will they get to see how the game will look and run on their machines.
>
> After the disaster that was Cyberpunk 2077 last year, 343i are potentially walking into the same predicament. Those players deserve to see the game running on their machines.

I’m curious about this too. On one hand, yes, they’re supposedly working to optimize them for last-gen consoles, but obviously there have to be some compromises. I would also worry that, knowing microsoft, they don’t actually want it to look all that good on the xbox one, otherwise people like me wouldn’t ever upgrade to a series x.

My Honest guesses;

I’m thinking Xbox One/S will probably be 720p with the equivalent to a mix of low/medium graphics settings on PC with 30FPS in the campaign. 60FPS may be possible in Multiplayer with the same settings in multiplayer but who knows. One X might be around 1080p60 or 4K30 with medium-ish equivalent graphics settings.

This is just my speculation, but it wouldn’t be out of the question for Microsoft to gimp the game quality and performance on older hardware to entice people into buying a Series X. That’s just the way the industry works.

With the way those character models were looking in the screen shot I thought we were looking at last gen. Where are the next gen screen shots?

If you want something to look good, you show the good side. Typical marketing tricks, plus I think 343 learned that one the hard way when showing an older iteration during the campaign demo presentation last year. But I don’t think the last generation version’s quality will be that noticeably different so I wouldn’t worry.

Hopefully there is flighting for Last Gen systems so maybe we’ll see what it looks like then. whenever flighting occurs.

My hopes for a solid last gen experience are limited. Considering my original run xbone can barely make it through 2 matches of halo 5 without freezing between those matches, I don’t have high hopes. That being said, I have no intention of playing Infinite on my potato of a console. I have hope that production of the series x will be able to increase now that the world is starting to open back up, so I’m going to hold out for one of those

> 2533274794684102;13:
> My hopes for a solid last gen experience are limited. Considering my original run xbone can barely make it through 2 matches of halo 5 without freezing between those matches, I don’t have high hopes. That being said, I have no intention of playing Infinite on my potato of a console. I have hope that production of the series x will be able to increase now that the world is starting to open back up, so I’m going to hold out for one of those

That doesn’t sound like a general console issue but rather a specific issue with that console. My two original Xbox Ones are still running Halo 5 absolutely fine (better in fact than my One X which has post-match screen issues).

They wouldn’t be releasing on last gen if they didn’t think it was going to be a good enough experience.

> 2533274892878579;12:
> Hopefully there is flighting for Last Gen systems so maybe we’ll see what it looks like then. whenever flighting occurs.

They will have absolutely taken heed of Cyberpunk.

I guess wait till E3 if you want comparison of Xbox Series X to Xbox One graphics since sure the game will have improved in graphics eventually with ray tracing hopefully.

I doubt they’ll show last gen footage in the main presentation of E3. I imagine they might release a separate video to their YT channel sometime after demonstrating some of the differences. This lets people see it who want to see it, and also doesn’t potentially confuse the average consumer (who will undoubtedly take that footage, juxtapose it with a Halo 2 screenshot and make a viral Twitter post).

I hope Infinite looks just as good on the Xbox as on PC!

> 2535470151445745;9:
> My Honest guesses;
>
> I’m thinking Xbox One/S will probably be 720p with the equivalent to a mix of low/medium graphics settings on PC with 30FPS in the campaign. 60FPS may be possible in Multiplayer with the same settings in multiplayer but who knows. One X might be around 1080p60 or 4K30 with medium-ish equivalent graphics settings.
>
> This is just my speculation, but it wouldn’t be out of the question for Microsoft to gimp the game quality and performance on older hardware to entice people into buying a Series X. That’s just the way the industry works.

most games in one/S are 900p-1080p (including games that released on pc as well), 720p might be a good guess for infinite on one S but i doubt they ll let it dip that low, who knows. If you ask me they shouldnt release infinite on xbox one, but its xboxs flagship title…so yea

I feel like the One version will be more of a downsized port, or the live service ending in the first five years. After all, it’s going to be a transitioning period.

yeh there not going to show screenshots for the worst version of the game graphicly. pc games dont show off games b4 release running on min settings. You might see some videos a week b4 release from press who played early copies. thats as good as you are ever going to get for lower end versions / settings.