Where are the knives coming from?

Just a random thought as I pondered the great mystery of HALO 4… When I slash someone’s throat, where do I get the knife? In Halo REACH we had the knives on our armour, which looked so awesome to actually see the blade of which we assassinate people with… As decoration but still nice to see we have it. SO where do we get them now? A Promethean who appeared and gives it to us instantly? Or given to us by the simulation?

Also…

Suppressor RULES.

Well you see, when two energy swords love each-other very much…

They got that hidden blade thingy going on from Assassins Creed.

Sometimes it looks that the knives come out of the Spartan gauntlets.

An idea proposed awhile back (scars got it) where the knives are locked inside the forearm armor.

You’ll see, occasionally, a spartan make a kind of flexing move with his knife arm, then it just appears, being pretty difficult to animate a forearm knife compartment locking/unlocking mechanism.

> Well you see, when two energy swords love each-other very much…

That was beautiful, sir. Well played.

OT: It comes from your wrist, kind of like a retractable blade.

> > Well you see, when two energy swords love each-other very much…
>
> That was beautiful, sir. Well played.
>
> OT: It comes from your wrist, kind of like a retractable blade.

Then where is my Ottoman Doctor armour -Yoink!-?

MAGIC.

Is this your knife?

Delta Genesis made my day.

Compact Portable Wormhole Generator located in the lower rear compartment of the Spartan IV’s armor.

Same place you hide your extra rockets and spare Warthog keys.

> MAGIC.
>
> Is this your knife?

I would have also accepted: “Now THIS is a knife.”

But no… That one belongs to Brock Samson.

> Compact Portable Wormhole Generator located in the lower rear compartment of the Spartan’s armor.
>
> Same place you hide your extra rockets and spare Warthog keys.

Well I like the armour compartment in the wrist idea better. As it seems just that much more logical to hide a blade as long as it is there… Spartans have some serious emotional problems…

But seriously, if that’s the case and the blade was hidden inside of a compartment… Then that would explain REACH’s use of the different wrist protectors. And the DATA and GPS systems… I am satisfied with these thoughts, and will continue to explore the possibilities of the Assassination animation’s knife.

> Compact Portable Wormhole Generator located in the lower rear compartment of the Spartan IV’s armor.
>
> Same place you hide your extra rockets and spare Warthog keys.

Don’t forget your Magnum after the Flagassassination too.

> > Compact Portable Wormhole Generator located in the lower rear compartment of the Spartan IV’s armor.
> >
> > Same place you hide your extra rockets and spare Warthog keys.
>
> Don’t forget your Magnum after the Flagassassination too.

I always assumed that the magnum is attached to the flag with a string. Like how the bank has a pen on a chain. So you just drop it when you die, and it stays on the flag.

> > > Compact Portable Wormhole Generator located in the lower rear compartment of the Spartan IV’s armor.
> > >
> > > Same place you hide your extra rockets and spare Warthog keys.
> >
> > Don’t forget your Magnum after the Flagassassination too.
>
> I always assumed that the magnum is attached to the flag with a string. Like how the bank has a pen on a chain. So you just drop it when you die, and it stays on the flag.

I would have a photo of this, but apparently calling a photo “BUTT SCRATCHER” is illegal on the File Share.

Easy, you push a button on your controller and voila it appears. Now how hard is that to figure out?

OT: I think it would have been a nice add on to the armor with even a couple handle skins to go with it.

It’s sci-fi - anything can happen.

SPACE MAGIC!

So it probably involves nano-bots or something.

your wrist apparently

I did not like the blades that were stuck on the the armour in Reach, I would try and choose a chest where it was not so prevalent.

Robo cop had pistols come out of his leg, what if Spartans have the same thing?