Where are the Free MS Points - Dec 31st? Scam

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Yet another scam screw up by 343. They said Dec 31st we would get free microsoft points for playing in November. Yes they did say Dec 31st. I’m tired of all the false advertising from this company. They need to stop their promotions because they totally suck at them. Every one has been a disaster.

How many MS points?

What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.

Edit: Okay, thanks to furiousn00b for the info. I hate not having done my research right.
As for the topic, I have no clue where the MS points went.

So does that mean no one wins the truck either? that just a figment of our gaming imagination?

shame on you 343, shame on you.

Why are you blaming 343? This is a MS promotion.

There’s some terms and conditions that explain why you didn’t recieve them but I dont feel like digging them up right now. Something to do with a “1st come first serve” type promotion.

> What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.

Yeah they never said they would give us money. YOU must be misreading stuff pal. He (and 343) said they were giving us microsoft points

> What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.

For Reference: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/23/Halo-4-Xbox-LIVE-Rewards.aspx

Yes they did - go to the November promotions - they were giving people microsoft points for playing the month of Novemember - depending on how much you played in November they were giving away microsoft points to be distributed Dec 31st. Up to 800pnts for each person. Go look it up before you post.

I have not heard of, nor can I find such a thing. I’m not saying it isn’t true, but I’d like to see anywhere where this would be.

-REDACTED-

Found some stuff on it. Doing more research, will hopefully have information soon.

Tripod

> > What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.
>
> Yes they did - go to the November promotions - they were giving people microsoft points for playing the month of Novemember - depending on how much you played in November they were giving away microsoft points to be distributed Dec 31st. Up to 800pnts for each person. Go look it up before you post.

The Xbox Live Rewards page says it could take 96 hours for rewards to show up as pending so.

> Why are you blaming 343? This is a MS promotion.
>
> There’s some terms and conditions that explain why you didn’t recieve them but I dont feel like digging them up right now. Something to do with a “1st come first serve” type promotion.

you do realize 343 is owned by microsoft right? in order to apply for a job at 343 you have to go to -Yoink!- website, if that indicates anything…

343 doesnt have their “own” website for a developer standpoint, nor do they have any way of contacting their studio on this website.

sounds fishy if you ask me

Did you play AND purchase something like it says to do?

> > > What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.
> >
> > Yes they did - go to the November promotions - they were giving people microsoft points for playing the month of Novemember - depending on how much you played in November they were giving away microsoft points to be distributed Dec 31st. Up to 800pnts for each person. Go look it up before you post.
>
> The Xbox Live Rewards page says it could take 96 hours for rewards to show up as pending so.

LOL - Head this one before. Spec Ops code - Crimson maps - vacation from spart ops - should I go on? This company sucks at promotions period. If they don’t know when they can get crap right then stop promoting crap and stop putting dates on it when people are expection it. Also please everyone don’t say only microsoft is to blame because 343 keeps screwing up left and right. They can’t even get a file share to work.

> Did you play AND purchase something like it says to do?

You didn’t have to purchase anything - just be a member of the Xbox Live Rewards program, which you do have to sign up for.

> Did you play AND purchase something like it says to do?

Yep, I played the crap out of it to get my free microsoft points- also bought stupid halo avatar gear.

> > > > What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.
> > >
> > > Yes they did - go to the November promotions - they were giving people microsoft points for playing the month of Novemember - depending on how much you played in November they were giving away microsoft points to be distributed Dec 31st. Up to 800pnts for each person. Go look it up before you post.
> >
> > The Xbox Live Rewards page says it could take 96 hours for rewards to show up as pending so.
>
> LOL - Head this one before. Spec Ops code - Crimson maps - vacation from spart ops - should I go on? This company sucks at promotions period. If they don’t know when they can get crap right then stop promoting crap and stop putting dates on it when people are expection it. Also please everyone don’t say only microsoft is to blame because 343 keeps screwing up left and right. They can’t even get a file share to work.

So just forget it even happened and don’t expect those 100 extra points for doing nothing. Problem solved. Like it never even happened…

Why would they say that then if you don’t have to purchase eligible Halo content? Seems a little misleading.

I PLAYED HALO FOR 140 HOURS TO GET MY $10 DOLLARS WORTH OF MICROSOFT POINTZ! THIS IS THE BIGGEST BLUNDER AND IS THE FALL OF HALO 4.

Said nobody, ever.

Chill, if you qualify for it, you will get it. If you didn’t qualify, you can contact a Microsoft Rep and I’m sure they will get you the proper information.

Cheers,
Tripod

> > > > > What? You must be misreading stuff pal. -Yoink!- never said that they’d give you money.
> > > >
> > > > Yes they did - go to the November promotions - they were giving people microsoft points for playing the month of Novemember - depending on how much you played in November they were giving away microsoft points to be distributed Dec 31st. Up to 800pnts for each person. Go look it up before you post.
> > >
> > > The Xbox Live Rewards page says it could take 96 hours for rewards to show up as pending so.
> >
> > LOL - Head this one before. Spec Ops code - Crimson maps - vacation from spart ops - should I go on? This company sucks at promotions period. If they don’t know when they can get crap right then stop promoting crap and stop putting dates on it when people are expection it. Also please everyone don’t say only microsoft is to blame because 343 keeps screwing up left and right. They can’t even get a file share to work.
>
> So just forget it even happened and don’t expect those 100 extra points for doing nothing. Problem solved. Like it never even happened…

Um, no I know for a fact I earned 800 pnts. I want them. They promoted this crap. I wouldn’t have spent all that time playing the game and yes I signed for rewards a long time ago. I’m tired of waiting for crap from this game and 343 and microsoft, waiting for emails etc. Give us our rewards you promised !!! We earned them.

that offer has been and gone the points where giving out way before the 31st

it was first come first serve if you didnt get anything from it then you clearly didnt make it first did yah dont worry i didnt get anything either

see my topic for relevant links etc

My Thread