Where are the forum rankings?

well will this site have from ranks like bnet or no? and if not i think it would be a great idea to have it.

can you guys think of any good titles?

I don’t even think there is a post counter yet. Maybe when it goes out of Beta I suppose. First things first, WE NEED A EDIT BUTTON!

I believe this forum should have an edit button, but only for the couple of minutes after you posted. Otherwise, it’ll mayhem.

Also, instead of ranks, maybe an “achievement system” like the forums on Irrational Games.

I want to see some ranks too.

However, they shouldn’t really be ranks. Since a rank implies you’re higher then one user, but lower then another, and so on.
How about, just titles? Earnable by contributing to the forums and not getting banned.

An edit button would be nice though too, and no, it should be there as long as your post isn’t in a locked thread. I can’t see it really being abused too much.

I just discovered you can edit threads you’ve made, using the “Screwdriver” button next to the report, reply, and permalink buttons.

> I want to see some ranks too.
>
> However, they shouldn’t really be ranks. Since a rank implies you’re higher then one user, but lower then another, and so on.
> How about, just titles? Earnable by contributing to the forums and not getting banned.
>
> An edit button would be nice though too, and no, it should be there as long as your post isn’t in a locked thread. I can’t see it really being abused too much.

Sounds like how they do it on the b.net forums. I don’t think it should apply to post count. That always relates to lots of spam, and stupid posts.

Take it one step further and have form ranks tie into your Halo Waypoint Career score, and then also a title below it based on form presence/activity.

Please, no ranks. They just seem to lead to either post–Yoink- boosting, rankism, and just general stupidness. I really find them to serve no purpose.
Now, showing your Waypoint career rank, that’s something I can agree with.

There’s already a suggestions thread.

I think that we should get some forum ranks going, no?

This isnt Bungie.net man.

Didn’t say it was, almost every forum has a system.

i kinda like the forum ranks on Bungie.net without them how do we know if the person is a moderator or not or how long they have been on the forums

> i kinda like the forum ranks on Bungie.net without them how do we know if the person is a moderator or not or how long they have been on the forums

I don’t like the Bungie rankings I become a Heroic member and then one day it was gone so I asked on the Bungie.net community forum and in reply my Honorable title was taken from me as well >:( that’s why I nearly never use Bungie.net.

> i kinda like the forum ranks on Bungie.net without them how do we know if the person is a moderator or not or how long they have been on the forums

Well all the Admins have the 343 avatar and BS Angel has a monitor avatar. There are also Community Leaders, each has their own special avatar with CL or Community Leader on it. I am not opposed to a ranking system but do not see any kind of need for one.

Look at the top of the screen it says FORUMS [BETA]

Yeah, some forum rankings would be pretty sweet. Since this is the BETA of the forums I hope they take Forum Rankings into consideration. It kinda adds new depth to participating in Forums and Forum Activities.

we already know anyone who has 343 as their picture, or BS angel with her monitor picture is a moderator.

and we also have CLs. so for now thats good

> we already know anyone who has 343 as their picture, or BS angel with her monitor picture is a moderator.
>
> and we also have CLs. so for now thats good

No, not like that. But as in how many posts someone has made to the forums like a post count and when someone gets a certain number of posts say 100 they advance to the next forum rank. Of course no one will ever get the rank a Mod gets. But this is not for leadership purposes, but all around just for fun. Also for some people to make their posting activities mean something as to achieve a higher goal in the forum. Which to me sounds pretty cool since being recognized for ceratin achievements is a nice thing to have.

Some form of ranking or meter showing how long a user has been here would be nice. I like knowing if I’ve been in a community for a long time or not enough.