where are all the Theories/speculations on Halo 5?

Was Halo 5s story seriously that throwaway that the only thing it served to do is set up halo 6 with zero tie into anything else, where are all the theories and speculation?
Seriously there has to be some good theories /analyse/ old fashioned speculation…

While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.

Sincerely,
p1ay4OURFUN

What do you mean? There are plenty of threads speculating and offering theories about Cortana, her plan, the Warden, and what will happen in Halo 6. Did previous Halo’s have more speculation than Halo 5 is getting? Because I don’t remember that.

> 2535427499121034;3:
> What do you mean? There are plenty of threads speculating and offering theories about Cortana, her plan, the Warden, and what will happen in Halo 6. Did previous Halo’s have more speculation than Halo 5 is getting? Because I don’t remember that.

Not to nock it but her plan seems pretty self explanatory. one only need look a the description of a guardian on halopedia. Her motives are quite obvious in my opinion. She’s made from Halsey, Halsey tried to force the colonies in to peace as well as take humanity to its next evolutionary step. The only difference is Halsey used the Spartan project… Cortana “the mantle”. john even draws comparisons to this. Everyone says she’s still corrupt or under the influence. Think she’s very much in her right mind and is just doing every thing Halsey is at the start of the Spartan project, just her scope is the galaxy and her tool the guardians.

I wonder had, Halsey obtained the golden key to all forerunner tech… would she do what Cortana did.

Yes. Only analysis and speculation is the same old… story is bad, Cortana is evil or the didact is pulling her strings… is this really all there is. That what I’m asking.

> 2533274830366691;1:
> Was Halo 5s story seriously that throwaway that the only thing it served to do is set up halo 6 with zero tie into anything else, where are all the theories and speculation?

I think you already have the answer to your own question.

> 2533274919463107;2:
> While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.
>
> Sincerely,
> p1ay4OURFUN

those theories have been debunked the marketing campaign does not take place in the future the only non canon one are the 3 trailer the one with chief wearing robe and the two trailers chief or locke about to shoot eachother while hero falls and the hunt begines are canon and take place during halo 5

> 2533274941452909;6:
> > 2533274919463107;2:
> > While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > p1ay4OURFUN
>
>
> those theories have been debunked the marketing campaign does not take place in the future the only non canon one are the 3 trailer the one with chief wearing robe and the two trailers chief or locke about to shoot eachother while hero falls and the hunt begines are canon and take place during halo 5

Actually I don’t think ANY of the trailers for ‘Halo 5’ are canon, as neither the “Hero Falls”/“Hunt” trailers align with what actually happened on Meridian in the game.

> 2533274941452909;6:
> > 2533274919463107;2:
> > While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > p1ay4OURFUN
>
>
> those theories have been debunked the marketing campaign does not take place in the future the only non canon one are the 3 trailer the one with chief wearing robe and the two trailers chief or locke about to shoot eachother while hero falls and the hunt begines are canon and take place during halo 5

I was not stating they were canon or agreeing with the theories, only bringing up the fact that those theories have existed or still exist in response to OP’s question.

> 2533274920039666;7:
> > 2533274941452909;6:
> > > 2533274919463107;2:
> > > While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > p1ay4OURFUN
> >
> >
> > those theories have been debunked the marketing campaign does not take place in the future the only non canon one are the 3 trailer the one with chief wearing robe and the two trailers chief or locke about to shoot eachother while hero falls and the hunt begines are canon and take place during halo 5
>
>
> Actually I don’t think ANY of the trailers for ‘Halo 5’ are canon, as neither the “Hero Falls”/“Hunt” trailers align with what actually happened on Meridian in the game.

Pretty sure 343i made a statement a year or so ago saying that all trailers/media is canon respectively.

op: It has been extremely slow. I’m seeing repeats of the same topics on halo archive, why is cortana -blank-. Not much in the way of theroy weaving but a lot of justified dislike. It’s like lore is in recession. Canon fodder is the only thing 343 (more grim) is doing right!

> 2535415012496023;9:
> > 2533274920039666;7:
> > > 2533274941452909;6:
> > > > 2533274919463107;2:
> > > > While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.
> > > >
> > > > Sincerely,
> > > > p1ay4OURFUN
> > >
> > >
> > > those theories have been debunked the marketing campaign does not take place in the future the only non canon one are the 3 trailer the one with chief wearing robe and the two trailers chief or locke about to shoot eachother while hero falls and the hunt begines are canon and take place during halo 5
> >
> >
> > Actually I don’t think ANY of the trailers for ‘Halo 5’ are canon, as neither the “Hero Falls”/“Hunt” trailers align with what actually happened on Meridian in the game.
>
>
> Pretty sure 343i made a statement a year or so ago saying that all trailers/media is canon respectively.
>
> op: It has been extremely slow. I’m seeing repeats of the same topics on halo archive, why is cortana -blank-. Not much in the way of theroy weaving but a lot of justified dislike. It’s like lore is in recession. Canon fodder is the only thing 343 (more grim) is doing right!

Well I think this is definitely an exception then. Because nothing about any of the trailers really reflect anything that happens in the game - in terms of both their tone, themes, and actual events. And speaking strictly about those two live action trailers: Osiris’ arrival to Meridian is completely chronicled in the game and it is nothing like what we see in the commercial, furthermore in subsequent levels we find out that not only did Blue Team not encounter any resistance during their approach to the Guardian, but that they also went through the portal to Genesis well before the machine actually emerged from the ground (unlike what was shown in the commercial). So suffice to say it’s impossible for the trailers to be canon in any way. They were just an attempt to mislead us as to what the game really was about…to bad though that they were vastly more compelling than the actual product.

Call me crazy but some of the trailers seem after the fact… the conceptual trailer can still happen.

• we know how John got the cracked visor - He is now hiddinding from cortana/unsc - he confronts a guardian in a desert ( some say a ring or the arch)it seems to me this is after halo 5.

As for the duality of the HTT trailer. This just feels like marketing. As halo doesn’t play like mass effect.

To bring some humor into this thread.

There were some big theories that came out in the first couple weeks of H5’s release. Things have just slowed since then because… erh…

Slowed down. Largely because we’re running out of new tools to speculate with. Escalations ended in such a flop that it holds almost zilch relevance to H5:G or H6 at present. A lot of the books we’ve gotten are chronologically before Halo 5, so they don’t add much to the game’s discussion either. We really just have Halo 5 and Halo 5’s Intel for this game’s canon. There’s only so much you can discuss for the time being without new info drops.

I’d say one of the biggest theories in terms of plot scale floating around right now is how the Precursors/Gravemind tie into H5:G and H4.

> 2533274920039666;7:
> > 2533274941452909;6:
> > > 2533274919463107;2:
> > > While there have been small speculations such as the Cortana we see in Halo 5 is a fragment, and the whole Marketing campaign for 5 being canon but taking place in the future after Halo 5, the really big theories and speculations will come eventually, I hope. I plan to be part of that sooner rather than later, so keep your eyes open! And I mean, there have been some here and there, but they have diminished quickly unfortunately. Give it time. Halo 5 Guardians is still relatively young in its presumed 3 year lifespan until Halo 6.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > p1ay4OURFUN
> >
> >
> > those theories have been debunked the marketing campaign does not take place in the future the only non canon one are the 3 trailer the one with chief wearing robe and the two trailers chief or locke about to shoot eachother while hero falls and the hunt begines are canon and take place during halo 5
>
>
> Actually I don’t think ANY of the trailers for ‘Halo 5’ are canon, as neither the “Hero Falls”/“Hunt” trailers align with what actually happened on Meridian in the game.

it did hunt begines take place during mission 4/5 and hero falls take place during mission 8

> 2533274864701588;13:
> There were some big theories that came out in the first couple weeks of H5’s release. Things have just slowed since then because… erh…
>
> Slowed down. Largely because we’re running out of new tools to speculate with. Escalations ended in such a flop that it holds almost zilch relevance to H5:G or H6 at present. A lot of the books we’ve gotten are chronologically before Halo 5, so they don’t add much to the game’s discussion either. We really just have Halo 5 and Halo 5’s Intel for this game’s canon. There’s only so much you can discuss for the time being without new info drops.
>
> I’d say one of the biggest theories in terms of plot scale floating around right now is how the Precursors/Gravemind tie into H5:G and H4.

Do you have link to the thread, I’d love to read it?

> 2533274919463107;12:
> To bring some humor into this thread.

This man deserves all of Cortana’s hardlight cookies!

> 2535415012496023;15:
> > 2533274864701588;13:
> > There were some big theories that came out in the first couple weeks of H5’s release. Things have just slowed since then because… erh…
> >
> > Slowed down. Largely because we’re running out of new tools to speculate with. Escalations ended in such a flop that it holds almost zilch relevance to H5:G or H6 at present. A lot of the books we’ve gotten are chronologically before Halo 5, so they don’t add much to the game’s discussion either. We really just have Halo 5 and Halo 5’s Intel for this game’s canon. There’s only so much you can discuss for the time being without new info drops.
> >
> > I’d say one of the biggest theories in terms of plot scale floating around right now is how the Precursors/Gravemind tie into H5:G and H4.
>
>
> Do you have link to the thread, I’d love to read it?

If there’s an actual thread for it, I don’t know of it. I think Nihilus Shadow wrote an article on Halo Archive or another site/blog about it, though. Him and I have both drawn similar conclusions just thinking about the campaign and characters.

I might eventually make a thread on it, but I unfortunately made the mistake of leaving all of my Halo canon back at my University for this Winter Break. I need my source material if I’m going to posit a theory in a thread of its own. xD