When Your DMR > My DMR, I Draw the Line

According to this post, there are additional slots in each loadout that pertain to

> increased regen and more ammo

This is terrible. First, you wanted to add armor that actually affects gameplay - poor decision. Now we hear that certain attachments or, dare I say, “perks”, can influence gameplay depending on which loadout was chosen?

I draw the line when one DMR is better than another DMR. Guns should remain constant throughout the entire game - they should never be upgraded or downgraded so that one “version” of the gun is better than the other.

Increased ammo? Are you kidding me? I thought you wanted to eliminate campers? Do you know how much I, personally, will exploit this? It’s bad enough when the sniper spawns every two minutes, but now you give extra ammo? Halo 4 is turning into a full-game of Power Slayer.

Increased regeneration? How do you plan to implement that fairly? You’re all about being fair, right 343? So now when I get into a battle, I have no idea whether or not they’ll be dead in 1 shot or 3 shots or 6 shots (assuming 6 is the norm)? Wow. That’s all I can say. More randomness thrown into an already incredibly random game (see Weapon spawns, Player spawns, AAs, etc.). Increased regeneration will negate any chance of calling out to our opponents “1 shot on me” or “2 shots by my X”.

And I don’t want to see any posts saying “Have you played the game? No? Then shut up.” Because these quotes are directly from someone who has played the game.

Im fine if the increased ammo only boost your clip and only your clip, more shields could be fine if you can kill the enemies more faster than previous halos if not then we have a serious problem here. It could be the “Bandolier” and “Juggernaut” perk from COD

You were quoting me. And I was telling you what I saw WRITTEN in those slots on the loadout screen. I could NOT see any actual effect in-game; Frank has said it’s far more like ‘tuning a transmission than swapping out an engine’, and I think that’s a good analogy. For someone (like me) who was playing for the very first time, the effect was so subtle i didn’t even notice it - the only reason I knew it was there was because the loadout screen SAID it was.

Bottom line: don’t panic. :slight_smile:

No the regen thing doesnt give them more health if thats what you mean about the 4 5 and 6 shot thing. I dont think you can actually adjust the weapons themselves, just things like extra ammo. im sure it wont be much more and it probably wont be overpowered. It will all be ok, im as skeptical as the next guy

More regen I think = if you’re not hit for a period of time your health regens faster, not that you have more health.

Well, as long as these “perks” don’t increase the ammount of health, shields or damage a weapon does, then I think it’s fine.

They didn’t say anywhere that the increased ammo affects weapons on the map. I’m pretty sure it’ll only affect your starting weapons.

Increased regen means that your shields or health regenerate faster.

Also, I’m pretty sure armour will act the same as in the other games. Only for looks.

> You were quoting me. And I was telling you what I saw WRITTEN in those slots on the loadout screen. I could NOT see any actual effect in-game; Frank has said it’s far more like ‘tuning a transmission than swapping out an engine’, and I think that’s a good analogy. For someone (like me) who was playing for the very first time, the effect was so subtle i didn’t even notice it - the only reason I knew it was there was because the loadout screen SAID it was.
>
> Bottom line: don’t panic. :slight_smile:

If i intepret correctly, the faster regen just lets your bar go back up more quickly right? everyone thinks it is extra health.

Don’t worry. There will be … at least 1 playlist for me and you who don’t like randomness and gimmicks catering to beginners. :slight_smile: Let’s go play that.

You all are right about the increased regen - I’m sorry for misreading.

However, this still will affect gameplay negatively, as if the standard kill is 5 shots, and I attempt to determine the amount of health he has remaining, then I cannot accurately do so. No longer will people be able to say “1 shot on my X” because there will be no way to tell if his health will increase rapidly or not.

Being able to tweak the weapons and armor like that would rule!

the DMR is easily my favorite weapon in the Halo universe, and I’d love this for any weapon that is Loadout capable, not just my DMR.

But to be able to put the time into the game to get a perk like this, to be able to spend your credits/Spartan Points in this manner would open up a whole bright, new dimension to the game!

After a heated DMR duel:

Dead Spartan: “How’d you beat me so fast?”

Victorious Spartan: “Mine’s bigger than yours…”

:wink:

lmao

> > You were quoting me. And I was telling you what I saw WRITTEN in those slots on the loadout screen. I could NOT see any actual effect in-game; Frank has said it’s far more like ‘tuning a transmission than swapping out an engine’, and I think that’s a good analogy. For someone (like me) who was playing for the very first time, the effect was so subtle i didn’t even notice it - the only reason I knew it was there was because the loadout screen SAID it was.
> >
> > Bottom line: don’t panic. :slight_smile:
>
> If i intepret correctly, the faster regen just lets your bar go back up more quickly right? everyone thinks it is extra health.

I’m nearly positive it’s not extra health. Yeah, I’d guess it’s just a faster regen. Again, like I said, I didn’t really notice a difference (In fact, I’m not even positive I played with a loadout that DIDN’T include it, so I might never have seen the ‘standard’ speed.)

These are LITTLE things, not big ones. In the long run, they’ll allow you to play the game more towards your particular playstyle… but there are always tradeoffs, and I don’t think any of these are game-changers.

Wait is this stuff confirmed? If so, where? I must have missed it.

Either way, do NOT like the sound of that. I agree with TC. I can get behind AAs and being able to pick starting weapons. But to tell me that somebody can run behind cover and regen shields faster, then pop out and kill me…

Or that you can increase your AR magazine size?

I was finally on 343s side and defending them to my friends. But this might lose my faith again…

> Being able to tweak the weapons and armor like that would rule!
>
> the DMR is easily my favorite weapon in the Halo universe, and I’d love this for any weapon that is Loadout capable, not just my DMR.
>
> But to be able to put the time into the game to get a perk like this, to be able to spend your credits/Spartan Points in this manner would open up a whole bright, new dimension to the game!
>
> After a heated DMR duel:
>
> Dead Spartan: “How’d you beat me so fast?”
>
> Victorious Spartan: “Mine’s bigger than yours…”
>
> :wink:
>
> lmao

This is exactly the kind of thing that shouldn’t happen in Halo games. Period. I don’t see any justification behind this, other than to please small children who someone managed to buy the game.

If a so called “perk” has a bit more ammo than another, how does it make “My Dmr” better than “your DMR”?

If you are a better player, kill him, and you get more ammo!

> More regen I think = if you’re not hit for a period of time your health regens faster, not that you have more health.

That is still terrible for gameplay.

> Wait is this stuff confirmed? If so, where? I must have missed it.
>
> Either way, do NOT like the sound of that. I agree with TC. I can get behind AAs and being able to pick starting weapons. But to tell me that somebody can run behind cover and regen shields faster, then pop out and kill me…
>
> Or that you can increase your AR magazine size?
>
> I was finally on 343s side and defending them to my friends. But this might lose my faith again…

Its not increased clip size, its extra magazines

> > More regen I think = if you’re not hit for a period of time your health regens faster, not that you have more health.
>
> That is still terrible for gameplay.

Yup, just cover for a while a kill the enemy because he is still recharging his shields

> However, this still will affect gameplay negatively, as if the standard kill is 5 shots, and I attempt to determine the amount of health he has remaining, then I cannot accurately do so. No longer will people be able to say “1 shot on my X” because there will be no way to tell if his health will increase rapidly or not.

Halo shields take 6 seconds to recharge. A 5% boost wouldn’t even be detectable, a 10% would be noticeable but hardly game changing, and I highly highly doubt that 343 would add more than that.

I wouldn’t worry at all about that. As long as there aren’t any damage mitigation or damage increase perks, it should be all good.

And the penny drops. I’ve been saying this since armour perks were first announced - they’ll cause unbalanced game play regardless of how you figure it. Think about this, you know how sprint is incredibly irritating in matchmaking at the moment because of how if you use it, there’s a large chance that you’ll get away free? Imagine that, but your shields recharge even faster because you have a regen effect with your armour perks, making it that much easier to run away from battles.

After posting this, I thought I’d also quote this:

> > However, this still will affect gameplay negatively, as if the standard kill is 5 shots, and I attempt to determine the amount of health he has remaining, then I cannot accurately do so. No longer will people be able to say “1 shot on my X” because there will be no way to tell if his health will increase rapidly or not.
>
> Halo shields take 6 seconds to recharge. A 5% boost wouldn’t even be detectable, a 10% would be noticeable but hardly game changing, and I highly highly doubt that 343 would add more than that.
>
> I wouldn’t worry at all about that. As long as there aren’t any damage mitigation or damage increase perks, it should be all good.

If the difference is so small, why even have them in the first place?

> > Wait is this stuff confirmed? If so, where? I must have missed it.
> >
> > Either way, do NOT like the sound of that. I agree with TC. I can get behind AAs and being able to pick starting weapons. But to tell me that somebody can run behind cover and regen shields faster, then pop out and kill me…
> >
> > Or that you can increase your AR magazine size?
> >
> > I was finally on 343s side and defending them to my friends. But this might lose my faith again…
>
> Its not increased clip size, its extra magazines

But who’s to say where 343 will stop? They could easily do extended mags, reduced bullet damage, hidden from motion tracker…

I can go on and on with terrible ideas if need be…