When you can make a long time Halo CE fan feel excited...

When you can make a long time Halo CE fan feel excited about a minute long clip of a game he’s had for 10 years, then you’ve done your job.

This video here.

I’ve watched it at least 10 times now. I feel like a school girl waiting for prom. Words cannot describe what I’m feeling right now.

I mean, it’s the Halo CE that we love, exactly the same, and yet… somehow almost better. The sounds are amazing. The PISTOL is back! The roar of the Elites… Need I go on?

Oh. My. God.

Sorry guys. Nostalgia. Just had to let it out. I don’t care much for the preorder bonuses, but to see that the game is faithful to the original is just amazing. :slight_smile:

> When you can make a long time Halo CE fan feel excited about a minute long clip of a game he’s had for 10 years, then you’ve done your job.
>
> This video here.
>
> I’ve watched it at least 10 times now. I feel like a school girl waiting for prom. Words cannot describe what I’m feeling right now.
>
> I mean, it’s the Halo CE that we love, exactly the same, and yet… somehow almost better. The sounds are amazing. The PISTOL is back! The roar of the Elites… Need I go on?
>
>
> Oh. My. God.
>
> Sorry guys. Nostalgia. Just had to let it out. I don’t care much for the preorder bonuses, but to see that the game is faithful to the original is just amazing. :slight_smile:

I’m feeling exactly what your feeling.

One thing that bugs me is the sound of the pistol and the way Master Chief is holding the AR.

> I’m feeling exactly what your feeling.

Me, too guys. I’m actually excited to play The Library again. Not because I actually like the level, but because I’m interested on how much of the visuals are going to change. This game is going to be great!

Im happy to see that they changed the assault rifle and pistol to what they should be, I guess this confirms that a lot of the reach assets in the original trailer were just placeholders.

No kidding man. I’ve been playing this game since summer 2002, and I am so hyped right now.

Yeah I love it. The new graphics layer is fantastic. It REALLY looks like Halo.

And the music, while redone, was spot on. Still felt like TGPatHotU.

I’m not that excited. Putting a fancy graphics filter, adding Achievements, and new Terminals sounds cool, but I still have legitimate doubts about 343’s competency in creating games.

Considering 343 ISNT making the game. CE:A is something to be excited for. They are literally ONLY making the new graphics and adding the couple of new features. The game itself is cut-and-paste Halo CE. So you can’t worry much about a game you already know is good. It’s like them releasing the Defiant map pack. The new maps are fairly good. Though they had nothing to do with actually making Reach.

Now as per Halo 4, I am also skeptical to trust them since this is their first REAL game where they get to create fiction, game engine, weapons, multiplayer etc. So I won’t be quick to get excited over that. But Halo CE:A is worth some hype.

Hardly. I already own CE and fail to see any real reason to get CEA outside of nostalgia and that isn’t enough.

I Can’t Wait For CEA!!! I can just imagine all the adventures my friend and I will have playing co-op campaign over Live.

I will admit it. I squealed.

> I will admit it. I squealed.

> > I will admit it. I squealed.

Glad I’m not the only one. =)

This made me start my first ever complete legendary run of the first game (shivers at TTaR) I hate this level.

This thread made me laugh. I feel it as well. It’s gonna be good…

It made me realize that 3 isn’t so great after all. All the frustrations I have to deal with in Halo 3: limited Theater, unwanted/badly needed checkpoints, marines killing enemies before I can mess around with them, having a lower jump height than in Halo 2, being slow, marines gaining a lot of health because of Mythic (I don’t mind the damage sponge enemies. It’s the marines and Arbiter that are the problem), etc.

> I’m not that excited. Putting a fancy graphics filter, adding Achievements, and new Terminals sounds cool, but I still have legitimate doubts about 343’s competency in creating games.

Yoink! communist buzzkill.

Putting a fancy graphics filter on it with new sounds is THE ENTIRE POINT.

I saw that clip and had to watch it 20 more times until I got bored. New weapon models look a little primitive, but it’s been confirmed that just like all the other footage so far, this was not a final build. I simply cannot wait to play it at Halo Fest when it’s nearing completion!

assault on the control room in hd with sound turned up is going to be so epic

so many memories

i think the remake was the single greatest idea that 343 ever couldve had to win over older fans of the franchise and then at the same time appeal to the newer fans

well played 343…well played

> Hardly. I already own CE and fail to see any real reason to get CEA outside of nostalgia and that isn’t enough.

ONLINE CO-OP! :open_mouth:

> Hardly. I already own CE and fail to see any real reason to get CEA outside of nostalgia and that isn’t enough.

Can’t understand why your in the forums looking at CEA stuff then…and even felt the need to post this. If you don’t care, why do you think we care that you don’t?