When will Vehical Betrayals Be removed....

So, Someone just splattered me with a Temple Banshee, so their friend could take my Berserker’s Claw REQ. Just as the final round began.

I do not understand the point in keeping vehicle betrayals while removing all the other forms of friendly fire. This happens almost every match of Warzone or Firefight and it’s not right.
I get splatterd by teammates in anything, mostly Ghost, Banshee and Warthogs. Always by trolls.

343 really needs to fix this. These trolls are ruining spawning in the later rounds of Firefight, ruin the fun of it, and waste brand new REQs I spawn in with…

It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.

For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…

Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…

Those are the only two I can think of atm.

> 2533274847563380;2:
> It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
>
> For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
>
> Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
>
> Those are the only two I can think of atm.

This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.

As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.

I’ve lost a prophet’s bane I picked up by some skrub in a ghost before so I feel you

So I support the idea

Simple.
Would you rather get throw off the map?
If you don’t take damage you are thrown by physics.
Getting bumped, even a little would throw you.

Getting boosted by vehicles or hammers can be exploited.

There really isn’t any reason for it. It’s pretty annoying when you’re standing at a REQ station in between rounds in WZFF and a “teammate” runs you over for a giggle.

> 2533274799135257;3:
> > 2533274847563380;2:
> > It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
> >
> > For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
> >
> > Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
> >
> > Those are the only two I can think of atm.
>
>
> This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.
>
> As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.

Yes this, take no damage, but still move. Like with Spartan charge and ground pound. Easy.

> 2533274875084332;8:
> > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > 2533274847563380;2:
> > > It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
> > >
> > > For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
> > >
> > > Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
> > >
> > > Those are the only two I can think of atm.
> >
> >
> > This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.
> >
> > As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.
>
>
> Yes this, take no damage, but still move. Like with Spartan charge and ground pound. Easy.

Vehicles are different objects working differently than spartans and their ground pounds and charges, especially in the physics department.

You risk being sent flying long distances, or it risks being an exploit by being able to be pushed really fast.

> 2533274795123910;9:
> > 2533274875084332;8:
> > > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > > 2533274847563380;2:
> > > > It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
> > > >
> > > > For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
> > > >
> > > > Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
> > > >
> > > > Those are the only two I can think of atm.
> > >
> > >
> > > This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.
> > >
> > > As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.
> >
> >
> > Yes this, take no damage, but still move. Like with Spartan charge and ground pound. Easy.
>
>
> Vehicles are different objects working differently than spartans and their ground pounds and charges, especially in the physics department.
>
> You risk being sent flying long distances, or it risks being an exploit by being able to be pushed really fast.

Of course, I didn’t think of the physics side of it. That’s true.

It it really is more complex than I initially thought. What if, for starters, if you are betrayed by a teammate you get an instant respawn, rather than a long timer? In WZFF only of course.

> 2533274875084332;10:
> > 2533274795123910;9:
> > > 2533274875084332;8:
> > > > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > > > 2533274847563380;2:
> > > > > It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
> > > > >
> > > > > For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
> > > > >
> > > > > Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
> > > > >
> > > > > Those are the only two I can think of atm.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.
> > > >
> > > > As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes this, take no damage, but still move. Like with Spartan charge and ground pound. Easy.
> >
> >
> > Vehicles are different objects working differently than spartans and their ground pounds and charges, especially in the physics department.
> >
> > You risk being sent flying long distances, or it risks being an exploit by being able to be pushed really fast.
>
>
> Of course, I didn’t think of the physics side of it. That’s true.
>
> It it really is more complex than I initially thought. What if, for starters, if you are betrayed by a teammate you get an instant respawn, rather than a long timer? In WZFF only of course.

That could work, FF is disabled there anyway and you die so fast there’s little chance of it becomimg a method of avoiding the long spawn time (I dislike the long spawn time, but as the rules are set now either way).

I think friendly fire should be on in warzone in general. It would mean you couldn’t just spam explosives they would need to think of their team mates position as well.

> 2533274875084332;10:
> > 2533274795123910;9:
> > > 2533274875084332;8:
> > > > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > > > 2533274847563380;2:
> > > > > It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
> > > > >
> > > > > For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
> > > > >
> > > > > Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
> > > > >
> > > > > Those are the only two I can think of atm.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.
> > > >
> > > > As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes this, take no damage, but still move. Like with Spartan charge and ground pound. Easy.
> >
> >
> > Vehicles are different objects working differently than spartans and their ground pounds and charges, especially in the physics department.
> >
> > You risk being sent flying long distances, or it risks being an exploit by being able to be pushed really fast.
>
>
> Of course, I didn’t think of the physics side of it. That’s true.
>
> It it really is more complex than I initially thought. What if, for starters, if you are betrayed by a teammate you get an instant respawn, rather than a long timer? In WZFF only of course.

Being thrown a small distance bothers me none compared to losing a high level REQ or having to wait 40 seconds on the final round when I could have made that lost REQ useful.

These kinds of players exploiting these things have to be stopped. It’s so aggravating losing my REQs because another player wantes them or had the giggles and decided to splatter me. I also have no choice where I spawn in as well which did little to help.
The fact these players can’t stand using their own REQs and will go to any extent to take them from other players is problematic in its own way.
That is why I think a one time boot would he more fair to stop unsporting situations like this as opposed to betraying three times and getting kicked.

As for the vehicle physics argument…They could turn the collision physics down for teammate contact so the vehicle only pushes you a little. This used to be a thing in previous Halo’s and was a feature in custom games/Forge as long as friendly fire was enabled.

There is no reason I should be getting killed at REQ stations or anywhere in general for any reason besides a enemy AI or player.

> 2533274983213185;6:
> Simple.
> Would you rather get throw off the map?
> If you don’t take damage you are thrown by physics.
> Getting bumped, even a little would throw you.
>
> Getting boosted by vehicles or hammers can be exploited.

You still keep your weapons thou, and this mostly happens in Warzone, where there is no drop off, unless you’re in Stormbreak.

> 2533274903586320;14:
> > 2533274983213185;6:
> > Simple.
> > Would you rather get throw off the map?
> > If you don’t take damage you are thrown by physics.
> > Getting bumped, even a little would throw you.
> >
> > Getting boosted by vehicles or hammers can be exploited.
>
>
> You still keep your weapons thou, and this mostly happens in Warzone, where there is no drop off, unless you’re in Stormbreak.

What about over walls, or past soft kill bounderies?
Can think of tons of areas where you can die that way.
And you would have people hitting you intentionally, to see you fly .

I’ve been splattered maybe 20 times total in thousands of games. Usually my fault too.

> 2533274864304862;13:
> > 2533274875084332;10:
> > > 2533274795123910;9:
> > > > 2533274875084332;8:
> > > > > 2533274799135257;3:
> > > > > > 2533274847563380;2:
> > > > > > It’s an oversight, only problem is there are few solutions that won’t be goofy or just bad.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > For instance, all momentum of the vehicle can just come to a halt when a player is hit, kinda like when you hit a knight with a ghost going 60 mph and it dosn’t even flinch…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Or, the player can be sent flying on contact…
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Those are the only two I can think of atm.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > This has been an issue since 4. There’s no way they didnt know of this.
> > > > >
> > > > > As for the issues, it could just simply push the teammate out of the way like it should.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yes this, take no damage, but still move. Like with Spartan charge and ground pound. Easy.
> > >
> > >
> > > Vehicles are different objects working differently than spartans and their ground pounds and charges, especially in the physics department.
> > >
> > > You risk being sent flying long distances, or it risks being an exploit by being able to be pushed really fast.
> >
> >
> > Of course, I didn’t think of the physics side of it. That’s true.
> >
> > It it really is more complex than I initially thought. What if, for starters, if you are betrayed by a teammate you get an instant respawn, rather than a long timer? In WZFF only of course.
>
>
> Being thrown a small distance bothers me none compared to losing a high level REQ or having to wait 40 seconds on the final round when I could have made that lost REQ useful.
>
> These kinds of players exploiting these things have to be stopped. It’s so aggravating losing my REQs because another player wantes them or had the giggles and decided to splatter me. I also have no choice where I spawn in as well which did little to help.
> The fact these players can’t stand using their own REQs and will go to any extent to take them from other players is problematic in its own way.
> That is why I think a one time boot would he more fair to stop unsporting situations like this as opposed to betraying three times and getting kicked.
>
> As for the vehicle physics argument…They could turn the collision physics down for teammate contact so the vehicle only pushes you a little. This used to be a thing in previous Halo’s and was a feature in custom games/Forge as long as friendly fire was enabled.
>
> There is no reason I should be getting killed at REQ stations or anywhere in general for any reason besides a enemy AI or player.

Yes the teammate collision is why I brought up the idea, I remember something similar being implemented in previous halos.

It’s fine the way it is. There’s really no way it can be dealt with that wouldn’t cause problems. If you’re paying attention to your surroundings it’s pretty rare that a team mate will betray you.

Honestly It really is just an easy fix yes at high speeds in will push the standing player but it can’t be by much I will take my chances being pushed 50ft then get betrayed and wait for 30 seconds to respawn on the other side of the map. Another thing should be knights and hunters I understand they are huge enemies but a full charge in a Wraith and not even a flinch while they send the wraith flipping over their head is a bit much.

It is to do with the physics in the game.

A Spartan’s code and frame is similar to that of the Elites and Soldiers - so the same affect would be caused if you drove splattered either one.

Because the enemies in Halo 5 have a similar frame to Spartans, if the ‘vehicle betrayals’ where to be deleted, you would not be able to splatter any other enemies.

It seems like the code and frame for Spartans and all enemies would have to be re-done just for this - something I don’t see is very likely.

It is annoying, I accidently splattered a teammate in firefight. Seriously. This is another clip. Go to the second clip, which has 3 views.