When will the UNSC form in real life?

I don’t know if I’m the only one that thinks that the military should form together and be like the UNSC because I would like to join the military. I personaly think that if we make the UNSC right now and if any alien civilization (hopefully the Covenant) would come and attack us we would stand a chance. But that’s not going to happen for a long time. However; if you notice the weapons and different branches each one has, it is similar to the UNSC’s. We have people making high powered weapons and are able to make Spartan lasers or MAC guns. But that’s all I can think of so if you know what I’m trying to say please post a reply and tell me/us if you agree or disagree about this idea.

Do you have any idea on how the UNSC formed?
Use this link: http://www.halopedia.org/History_of_the_United_Nations_Space_Command
Might help.

While it seems like you have a very childish view of the military, I’ll go along.

There’s no reason to have one unified earth defense force because we haven’t expanded past earth yet.

No, I’d rather not have everything controlled by the United Nations or an over-branching military government.

I’m not sure why you would hope that we find the Covenant, or that they would find us… And the fact that we haven’t expanded past Earth doesn’t mean we don’t need a defense force for it, though from what threats who knows. It could just be the first step to unifying the world and hoping for peace.

Erm… I wouldn’t really be encouraging any alien species, especially not the Covenant, to attack us.

We would have no idea how to prepare. Video games and books are different than real life. Theoretical. Science Fiction for a reason.

I agree with what JSA343 said, it’s sci-fi for a reason

I would not want a world goverment.

I suppose when the UN goes from peace keeping to peace enforcing, then we’ll have a start.

Never.

First: World War III

Then: United Earth

Followed By: Earth-Romulan War

Ending With: United Federation of Planets

The UNSC is just a fevered dream by some gamers and authors in the early 21st century.

> I suppose when the UN goes from peace keeping to peace enforcing, then we’ll have a start.

The United Nations in its current form is a freaking joke. All they ever do is go around saying “Hey don’t do that, I will totally sanction you if you keep doing that!” These Warlords and Dictators just laugh in the face of the UN while they just stand around feeling important.

> > I suppose when the UN goes from peace keeping to peace enforcing, then we’ll have a start.
>
> The United Nations in its current form is a freaking joke. All they ever do is go around saying “Hey don’t do that, I will totally sanction you if you keep doing that!” These Warlords and Dictators just laugh in the face of the UN while they just stand around feeling important.

As well as the problem that the UN usually only does something after the fact, as well as the member-nations’ inability to agree on much (mostly due to their voting system).

If an alien alliance like the covenant exists in real life, and they found earth right now in the year 2012, we would last a few days at best.

Stephen Hawking has theorized that the universe is so big, that any alien race you can think of probably exists or has existed somewhere.

I hope never, at least not in the way we see in the Halo universe, because it is an arm of a strong world government. Though I guess, who’s to say what’s right for people centuries into the future? I know I wouldn’t like to see anything like that in my lifetime though.

This will never happen for one simple reason.

There is no way every country in the world would ever agree to a unified Earth Government.

> This will never happen for one simple reason.
>
> There is no way every country in the world would ever agree to a unified Earth Government.

Who knows what people will want to do if aliens ever showed up.

> > This will never happen for one simple reason.
> >
> > There is no way every country in the world would ever agree to a unified Earth Government.
>
> Who knows what people will want to do if aliens ever showed up.

Presuming you think that the aliens are hostile, we’d all just die.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The towel heads would try to jihad the aliens and the UNSC.

Having all the military on the planet come together under a single authority with no real repercussions for its actions?

NOPE, NOTHING CAN GO WRONG HERE.

Impossible. The world economy would collapse and WWIII would burn the Earth to a crisp. Not that we arent already heading to WW3.
Part of Humanity is our need for multiple religions and political views. This makes a UNSC utterly impossible because if such a force were to exist it would force its will on the rest of Humanity. And the rest of us would fight back.
We can spread into space, we can form a powerful empire. But not in our lifetime.