When will people realise Halo: REach is not designed for competition.

It pains me to see Gamebattles and MLG trying to play Halo: Reach in a professional way, This game is simply not build for that.

Why are you seeing the pros spamming DMR’s and trying to luck-out? Whats pro about that?

The only thing that still takes skill is the sniper Rifle and even that has had its rate of fire nerfed to -Yoink- after Halo 2.

Every thing else such as:

Big Explosions

Slow movement

Low jump height & more floaty jump height.

Armour abilities.

Bloom on precision weapons ( Having the chance for bullets to go in random directions in exchange for rate of fire in Halo = lulz… )

Vehicles which can be destroyed by your starting weapons ( People who don’t take the initiative to go and locate one of the many anti vehicle weapons. )

So those of you who complain about the balance of armour lock and the DMR’s bloom ( even though I agree with the debates ) why are you bothering so fix these things when this game is casual to the core?

Do you think a Title update and Some Awesome DLC could Fix it in your Opinion? Or is it would still be a lost cause.

In My Opinion Reach is Fine But it Is in some need of a Seriously big TU, and some Grade A DLC…

This is why,I started to play team classic.
Reach needs a really big over-haul imo.
Reach needs to go back to what made Halo 1,2 great.

Well yeah, but at least with this TU we may get a good competitve environment once again. Armor abilities are the biggest probelm though, most of them(if not all) are terrible for competitve gameplay.

I think that having the bloom reduced, and introducing a truly competitive ranking system, the custom game variants could be adapted to make Reach a more competitive title.

because a TU can still make halo reach competetative and it’s not to late to save the game

whats wrong with wanting competitiveness back?

Firstly, you don’t run any slower than any of the the other main Halo games. I have a thread full of proof if you want a link. The jump in Reach is probably the least floaty, too. Secondly, Reach was designed for competitive play. I could link you to Bungie quotes that support this, as well. Super serious competitive play, though? I don’t know. However, I do think MLG was in the back of Bungie’s mind…

That and AAs being a part of gameplay has nothing to do with a TU. After all, the Classic list…

(Halo2 and 3 were floaty jumps btw, I dislike how players think Hal:CE had fast movement AND high jumps, Halo2 and 3 had the high and floaty jumps, remember?)

> That and AAs being a part of gameplay has nothing to do with a TU. After all, the Classic list…
>
> (Halo2 and 3 were floaty jumps btw, I dislike how players think Hal:CE had fast movement AND high jumps, Halo2 and 3 had the high and floaty jumps, remember?)

I watched a Video on youtube, the link was posted of one of these forums, And a guy timed a jump from when you hit the button to when the character hits the ground again. on both Halo Reach, Halo 2 and Halo 3.

Halo 2 had the shortest time in the air and Halo 3 turned out to have the same/similar time as Halo: Reach even though Halo: Reach has like Half the jump height of Halo 3 ( Plus the fact that in Halo: Reach intead your whole character moving its mainly the lower half of your body that does the movement, you tuck your legs in to achive the height and the top half of the body doesn’t move that much.).

I do find it true that MLG play has seen a massive decline in the use of strategy and setups since Reach’s maps are garbage.

It’s a shame that they have to adopt the latest game out even if it alot less competitive, Even when they threw a throwback celebration playing Halo 1 LAN everybody who watched and played agreed that it just generally more fun.