when will halo reach be backwards compatible

i would really like to know when it will be

when 343 makes a good halo game…

on a serious note, probably december 15th

> 2533274836684762;2:
> when 343 makes a good halo game…
>
> on a serious note, probably december 15th

Fingers crossed

> 2533274836684762;2:
> when 343 makes a good halo game…
>
> on a serious note, probably december 15th

They haven’t made a good halo game yet unfortunately :confused:

im hoping for December 15

Halo Reach firefight! :slight_smile: can’t wait

I talked to Phil Spencer & Major Nelson about 2-3 weeks ago. I can already hear it, “No you didn’t, b.s. whatever…” but I talked in a Party Chat for three hours with Phil Spencer & Major Nelson left after one hour. We played a bunch of Warzone & BTB together. I was under a communications ban on Xbox Live on this account during that time ironically enough, so I was on my second Gold account, SniffyBat34. So anybody who just wants to point a finger with “B.S.!”, feel free to Follow that account & look through my GameDVR clips, I don’t give a ****.

Anyways, when I was talking to him I asked him about Backwards Compatibility since a lot of the launch titles I had as part of the Preview Program for Backwards Compatibility had framerate issues because the Xbox One is emulating those games with updated versions of those games inside the Xbox One & not running them directly like a 360 would. I asked how online first person shooter games were going to run because they are more intensive as far as framerate with online play. He said they have continued to squash bugs in the Backwards Compatibility coding & they are trying to get them all up to par. He pointed out how a lot of Rare’s Backwards Compatible games have already had title updates & Borderlands did too. (which they have) He also noted that sometimes the framerate was just similar to that on 360, the games didn’t run perfect, so some of what you’re seeing is just how they did run on Xbox 360. The framerate wasn’t perfect over there either. (Although I don’t know why they couldn’t improve it with the Xbox One since it’s more powerful, but maybe it has to do with how they are taking the exact 360 code & adding software that makes it run on Xbox One since they are different CPU/GPU architectures.)

He stated that new games would be added every month, but not to expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 or Halo:Reach until next year. He also said the other older Call of Duty’s were up & running in the Backwards Compatibility software, but it was up to Activision to ok them first. In other words, Activision is holding out because they either want more sales, might be considering remakes, whatever the case is…they haven’t “Ok’d” Microsoft to announce them as Backwards Compatible & they may never, although Phil Spencer was convinced they’d get all the Call of Duty’s ok’d over time. (Bethesda & Rockstar are two other publishers that have not “Ok’d” any of their games for Backwards Compatiblity either.)

The final thing I asked him about Backwards Compatibility was if they pushed Halo:Reach & CoD:Black Ops 1 off until next year since at the time Halo 5 was just coming out & Black Ops 3 as well & they simply wanted those games to be the spotlight this Fall. These very forums were having topics/threads with all these conspiracy theories at the time about how Halo:Reach was so amazing (Riiiiiiight.) they didn’t want it to steal Halo 5’s thunder, so I asked him directly. His precise quote was, (as well as I can remember it) “That wasn’t the case at all. We underestimated honestly how many people wanted Halo:Reach done & we are still ironing out bugs in the coding to make sure it’s up to par, so don’t expect it or Black Ops until next year.” Phil Spencer (P3 is his gamertag, the only person on Xbox Live with a two letter gamertag) was as nice in person as he is in all those videos you see of him online & he answered tons of my questions for three hours with very technical knowledge, extremely smart guy. Major Nelson was nice too, but I didn’t get as much time with him, all I learned from him was that he wasn’t going to attend the Videogame Awards that were coming up soon at the time. I also got to drive him around in my Rocket Warthog on Basin in BTB where he got 5-10 kills. lol.

P.S. I forgot the last thing I learned about Backwards Compatibility while I was talking to him. I was talking about how it would nice if they had a part of the Store so you could buy Backwards Compatible games for a cheap price instead of having to log-on to Xbox.com or turn your Xbox 360 (which I hardly touch anymore) on to buy them over there. He said that was one of his regrets too that they didn’t have a “Xbox 360 Store” on the Xbox One itself at the launch of the Backwards Compatibility program for everybody in November, but they were working on adding it. So that is awesome news.

> 2535436194833899;6:
> I talked to Phil Spencer & Major Nelson about 2-3 weeks ago. I can already hear it, “No you didn’t, b.s. whatever…” but I talked in a Party Chat for three hours with Phil Spencer & Major Nelson left after one hour. We played a bunch of Warzone & BTB together. I was under a communications ban on Xbox Live on this account during that time ironically enough, so I was on my second Gold account, SniffyBat34. So anybody who just wants to point a finger with “B.S.!”, feel free to Follow that account & look through my GameDVR clips, I don’t give a ****.
>
> Anyways, when I was talking to him I asked him about Backwards Compatibility since a lot of the launch titles I had as part of the Preview Program for Backwards Compatibility had framerate issues because the Xbox One is emulating those games with updated versions of those games inside the Xbox One & not running them directly like a 360 would. I asked how online first person shooter games were going to run because they are more intensive as far as framerate with online play. He said they have continued to squash bugs in the Backwards Compatibility coding & they are trying to get them all up to par. He pointed out how a lot of Rare’s Backwards Compatible games have already had title updates & Borderlands did too. (which they have) He also noted that sometimes the framerate was just similar to that on 360, the games didn’t run perfect, so some of what you’re seeing is just how they did run on Xbox 360. The framerate wasn’t perfect over there either. (Although I don’t know why they couldn’t improve it with the Xbox One since it’s more powerful, but maybe it has to do with how they are taking the exact 360 code & adding software that makes it run on Xbox One since they are different CPU/GPU architectures.)
>
> He stated that new games would be added every month, but not to expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 or Halo:Reach until next year. He also said the other older Call of Duty’s were up & running in the Backwards Compatibility software, but it was up to Activision to ok them first. In other words, Activision is holding out because they either want more sales, might be considering remakes, whatever the case is…they haven’t “Ok’d” Microsoft to announce them as Backwards Compatible & they may never, although Phil Spencer was convinced they’d get all the Call of Duty’s ok’d over time. (Bethesda & Rockstar are two other publishers that have not “Ok’d” any of their games for Backwards Compatiblity either.)
>
> The final thing I asked him about Backwards Compatibility was if they pushed Halo:Reach & CoD:Black Ops 1 off until next year since at the time Halo 5 was just coming out & Black Ops 3 as well & they simply wanted those games to be the spotlight this Fall. These very forums were having topics/threads with all these conspiracy theories at the time about how Halo:Reach was so amazing (Riiiiiiight.) they didn’t want it to steal Halo 5’s thunder, so I asked him directly. His precise quote was, (as well as I can remember it) “That wasn’t the case at all. We underestimated honestly how many people wanted Halo:Reach done & we are still ironing out bugs in the coding to make sure it’s up to par, so don’t expect it or Black Ops until next year.” Phil Spencer (P3 is his gamertag, the only person on Xbox Live with a two letter gamertag) was as nice in person as he is in all those videos you see of him online & he answered tons of my questions for three hours with very technical knowledge, extremely smart guy. Major Nelson was nice too, but I didn’t get as much time with him, all I learned from him was that he wasn’t going to attend the Videogame Awards that were coming up soon at the time. I also got to drive him around in my Rocket Warthog on Basin in BTB where he got 5-10 kills. lol.
>
> P.S. I forgot the last thing I learned about Backwards Compatibility while I was talking to him. I was talking about how it would nice if they had a part of the Store so you could buy Backwards Compatible games for a cheap price instead of having to log-on to Xbox.com or turn your Xbox 360 (which I hardly touch anymore) on to buy them over there. He said that was one of his regrets too that they didn’t have a “Xbox 360 Store” on the Xbox One itself at the launch of the Backwards Compatibility program for everybody in November, but they were working on adding it. So that is awesome news.

Unfortunately all we have is your word on this, do you have the conversation to corroborate this?

> 2533274836684762;7:
> > 2535436194833899;6:
> > I talked to Phil Spencer & Major Nelson about 2-3 weeks ago. I can already hear it, “No you didn’t, b.s. whatever…” but I talked in a Party Chat for three hours with Phil Spencer & Major Nelson left after one hour. We played a bunch of Warzone & BTB together. I was under a communications ban on Xbox Live on this account during that time ironically enough, so I was on my second Gold account, SniffyBat34. So anybody who just wants to point a finger with “B.S.!”, feel free to Follow that account & look through my GameDVR clips, I don’t give a ****.
> > Anyways, when I was talking to him I asked him about Backwards Compatibility since a lot of the launch titles I had as part of the Preview Program for Backwards Compatibility had framerate issues because the Xbox One is emulating those games with updated versions of those games inside the Xbox One & not running them directly like a 360 would. I asked how online first person shooter games were going to run because they are more intensive as far as framerate with online play. He said they have continued to squash bugs in the Backwards Compatibility coding & they are trying to get them all up to par. He pointed out how a lot of Rare’s Backwards Compatible games have already had title updates & Borderlands did too. (which they have) He also noted that sometimes the framerate was just similar to that on 360, the games didn’t run perfect, so some of what you’re seeing is just how they did run on Xbox 360. The framerate wasn’t perfect over there either. (Although I don’t know why they couldn’t improve it with the Xbox One since it’s more powerful, but maybe it has to do with how they are taking the exact 360 code & adding software that makes it run on Xbox One since they are different CPU/GPU architectures.)
> > He stated that new games would be added every month, but not to expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 or Halo:Reach until next year. He also said the other older Call of Duty’s were up & running in the Backwards Compatibility software, but it was up to Activision to ok them first. In other words, Activision is holding out because they either want more sales, might be considering remakes, whatever the case is…they haven’t “Ok’d” Microsoft to announce them as Backwards Compatible & they may never, although Phil Spencer was convinced they’d get all the Call of Duty’s ok’d over time. (Bethesda & Rockstar are two other publishers that have not “Ok’d” any of their games for Backwards Compatiblity either.)
> > The final thing I asked him about Backwards Compatibility was if they pushed Halo:Reach & CoD:Black Ops 1 off until next year since at the time Halo 5 was just coming out & Black Ops 3 as well & they simply wanted those games to be the spotlight this Fall. These very forums were having topics/threads with all these conspiracy theories at the time about how Halo:Reach was so amazing (Riiiiiiight.) they didn’t want it to steal Halo 5’s thunder, so I asked him directly. His precise quote was, (as well as I can remember it) “That wasn’t the case at all. We underestimated honestly how many people wanted Halo:Reach done & we are still ironing out bugs in the coding to make sure it’s up to par, so don’t expect it or Black Ops until next year.” Phil Spencer (P3 is his gamertag, the only person on Xbox Live with a two letter gamertag) was as nice in person as he is in all those videos you see of him online & he answered tons of my questions for three hours with very technical knowledge, extremely smart guy. Major Nelson was nice too, but I didn’t get as much time with him, all I learned from him was that he wasn’t going to attend the Videogame Awards that were coming up soon at the time. I also got to drive him around in my Rocket Warthog on Basin in BTB where he got 5-10 kills. lol.
> > P.S. I forgot the last thing I learned about Backwards Compatibility while I was talking to him. I was talking about how it would nice if they had a part of the Store so you could buy Backwards Compatible games for a cheap price instead of having to log-on to Xbox.com or turn your Xbox 360 (which I hardly touch anymore) on to buy them over there. He said that was one of his regrets too that they didn’t have a “Xbox 360 Store” on the Xbox One itself at the launch of the Backwards Compatibility program for everybody in November, but they were working on adding it. So that is awesome news.
>
>
> Unfortunately all we have is your word on this, do you have the conversation to corroborate this?

Why even bother making all that up, probably true. Remember “next year” isn’t even a month away!

I didn’t make it all up. I even told you to check for yourself, not hard to add somebody & look through their GameDVR. Like I’m just going to make up that whole story & spend all that time typing it out. I tried uploading a pic I snapped from my Xbox One while playing with them & sent it to OneDrive, hopefully this works, I’m on my Xbox One, it’s the only way I can access these Forums, so it’s tough to do advanced stuff: Link To Screenshot Hopefully (I’m SniffyBat34)

> 2535436194833899;9:
> I didn’t make it all up. I even told you to check for yourself, not hard to add somebody & look through their GameDVR. Like I’m just going to make up that whole story & spend all that time typing it out.

I don’t really want to believe you, since then I’d have to wait even longer. But it seems pretty legit. How do you know Phil Spencer? He wouldn’t just accept any old invite to a party.

I posted a screenshot in my previous post. If you want to see the other footage, just add SniffyBat34 & look through my GameDVR, there’s two clips I made of them in Theater later. Driving Major Nelson around is my favorite one. To answer your question though, I added Phil Spencer as a friend & invited him probably three different times over the past month prior to that. The last time I invited him I was in Halo 5, saw he was in Halo 5 too, & I gave him a Fireteam invite. He showed up in my lobby & we all went crazy. So I immediately invited him to the Party Chat & made it Invite Only. He asked us to finish two campaign levels with him on Legendary in Halo 5. He said that’s all he had left to do Campaign wise & like we were going to say “No.” lol. So he went & made his own lobby & I couldn’t connect. So I asked if he could hold on & let me restart my box. I came back & by that time he invited Major Nelson in the party so we had five people & couldn’t finish his campaign with him. (only four can do Campaign) So he suggested we play Warzone or Big Team Battle. We played only one BTB, but I probably played 5-6 Warzone matches with him, but not Major Nelson cause he had to go after about an hour.

He was super nice. It’s honestly my best memory from Xbox Live ever because I’ve been on Live between all my accounts since before the Halo 2 era. (Ghost Recon/MechAssault/Rainbow Six/Crimson Skies era) I couldn’t believe he stayed for so long, I thought he’d stay for like one game, but he talked to me for three hours & was laughing at all my jokes, he was super down to Earth & you could tell he really cared about our opinions on Xbox in general. He wasn’t giving us a bunch of P.R. bull**** all the time, he acted like “one of the guys.” He even said we could swear & stuff, that “he’s heard everything before.” I replied with, “Uh, you don’t know my friends, you might hear some new stuff,” and he busted up laughing! So cool.

Well I believe you. It does bum me out a bit because I was hoping to play with my brother. He has never played Reach and he doesn’t know the story. Think how cool that would be to play campaign with someone who doesn’t know what is going to happen in Reach.

Yeah, I’m not lying, man. Either way, just because he said don’t expect it until next year, that doesn’t mean things don’t get done faster. Things in the technology world always get updated, who knows, maybe it will come this month. I can only relay what I was told at the time. As I think Halo:Reach was one of my least favorite Halo’s ever & I didn’t personally like it, I hope it does come out soon for all the Reach fans that do love that game & want to play it again. I however, do not wish for anything from Halo:Reach to be added to Halo 5. lol. I will play Halo:Reach a tiny bit when it does become backwards compatible as long as it runs good, but there’s no way I will play it much, I’ll go back to Halo 5. I just kind-of want to play a Multi-Team in Reach again, that was a fun game mode along with the Grifball in Reach. I would love to get Host in there now, it would be amazing. I popped it in my 360 a few months ago just to see what it was like & it was honestly a lot different than I remembered. You always remember things in your head way better than they were.

I thought xbox confirmed reach and halo wars in thier december update?

> 2535436194833899;6:
> I talked to Phil Spencer & Major Nelson about 2-3 weeks ago. I can already hear it, “No you didn’t, b.s. whatever…” but I talked in a Party Chat for three hours with Phil Spencer & Major Nelson left after one hour. We played a bunch of Warzone & BTB together. I was under a communications ban on Xbox Live on this account during that time ironically enough, so I was on my second Gold account, SniffyBat34. So anybody who just wants to point a finger with “B.S.!”, feel free to Follow that account & look through my GameDVR clips, I don’t give a ****.
>
> Anyways, when I was talking to him I asked him about Backwards Compatibility since a lot of the launch titles I had as part of the Preview Program for Backwards Compatibility had framerate issues because the Xbox One is emulating those games with updated versions of those games inside the Xbox One & not running them directly like a 360 would. I asked how online first person shooter games were going to run because they are more intensive as far as framerate with online play. He said they have continued to squash bugs in the Backwards Compatibility coding & they are trying to get them all up to par. He pointed out how a lot of Rare’s Backwards Compatible games have already had title updates & Borderlands did too. (which they have) He also noted that sometimes the framerate was just similar to that on 360, the games didn’t run perfect, so some of what you’re seeing is just how they did run on Xbox 360. The framerate wasn’t perfect over there either. (Although I don’t know why they couldn’t improve it with the Xbox One since it’s more powerful, but maybe it has to do with how they are taking the exact 360 code & adding software that makes it run on Xbox One since they are different CPU/GPU architectures.)
>
> He stated that new games would be added every month, but not to expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 or Halo:Reach until next year. He also said the other older Call of Duty’s were up & running in the Backwards Compatibility software, but it was up to Activision to ok them first. In other words, Activision is holding out because they either want more sales, might be considering remakes, whatever the case is…they haven’t “Ok’d” Microsoft to announce them as Backwards Compatible & they may never, although Phil Spencer was convinced they’d get all the Call of Duty’s ok’d over time. (Bethesda & Rockstar are two other publishers that have not “Ok’d” any of their games for Backwards Compatiblity either.)
>
> The final thing I asked him about Backwards Compatibility was if they pushed Halo:Reach & CoD:Black Ops 1 off until next year since at the time Halo 5 was just coming out & Black Ops 3 as well & they simply wanted those games to be the spotlight this Fall. These very forums were having topics/threads with all these conspiracy theories at the time about how Halo:Reach was so amazing (Riiiiiiight.) they didn’t want it to steal Halo 5’s thunder, so I asked him directly. His precise quote was, (as well as I can remember it) “That wasn’t the case at all. We underestimated honestly how many people wanted Halo:Reach done & we are still ironing out bugs in the coding to make sure it’s up to par, so don’t expect it or Black Ops until next year.” Phil Spencer (P3 is his gamertag, the only person on Xbox Live with a two letter gamertag) was as nice in person as he is in all those videos you see of him online & he answered tons of my questions for three hours with very technical knowledge, extremely smart guy. Major Nelson was nice too, but I didn’t get as much time with him, all I learned from him was that he wasn’t going to attend the Videogame Awards that were coming up soon at the time. I also got to drive him around in my Rocket Warthog on Basin in BTB where he got 5-10 kills. lol.
>
> P.S. I forgot the last thing I learned about Backwards Compatibility while I was talking to him. I was talking about how it would nice if they had a part of the Store so you could buy Backwards Compatible games for a cheap price instead of having to log-on to Xbox.com or turn your Xbox 360 (which I hardly touch anymore) on to buy them over there. He said that was one of his regrets too that they didn’t have a “Xbox 360 Store” on the Xbox One itself at the launch of the Backwards Compatibility program for everybody in November, but they were working on adding it. So that is awesome news.

Thing that I don’t understand is that I’m pretty sure a huge company would give all their plans for backwards to some stranger asking questions. Even if they said that… They would not let this person announce it. I’m also sure they would of announced publicly that they have pushed those games back seen as they are highly “anticipated”. Anyone else agree with me or understand what I’m trying to say. Just simply wait people until xbox announces a date. Don’t let people get your hopes up.

> 2533274815998881;14:
> I thought xbox confirmed reach and halo wars in thier december update?

Yeah, I thought they did too. I’m not sure when Reach is come to BC now.

> Thing that I don’t understand is that I’m pretty sure a huge company would give all their plans for backwards to some stranger asking questions. Even if they said that… They would not let this person announce it. I’m also sure they would of announced publicly that they have pushed those games back seen as they are highly “anticipated”. Anyone else agree with me or understand what I’m trying to say. Just simply wait people until xbox announces a date. Don’t let people get your hopes up.

What don’t you understand? I talked to him for three hours. I posted a screenshot. I have all the footage of me driving around Major Nelson. Yeah, I just come on Forums to make up stuff to get a rise out of people. Right. I’m 30+ years old & have no reason to lie, man. =/

I must have asked him 20 different questions. I only posted what I asked him about backwards compatibility. He was really open & honest & answered everything he could & I typed out everything I remember. I don’t get how it turns into “Their company told everything about their plans to some stranger…” Most of what he told me they already announced anyways.

If you wanna know other things we talked about I asked him about Sea of Thieves from Rare, if they were ever going to bring Summer of Arcade back, & he asked a lot about if any of us bought the Elite Console or Elite Controller & what our opinions were on that, if we liked them. We talked about Star Wars: Battlefront & Call of Duty & I told him the worst thing about those two titles was how Halo 5 came out first & it was amazing, it was full of n00bs for a week then those other games came out & took those n00bs away & he busted up laughing. (I said I wish those other two games never came out for that reason lol) The first thing I asked him when he came into the party was that “I wanted to make a request.” I said, “I know you don’t know me & you just joined the party, but when they make the next Xbox could they please put better RAM in it?” & he laughed. He said looking back they wish they would have done things a little bit differently & he said he was proud of the CPU in the Xbox One, that is was actually better than the CPU in the PS4 somehow. He talked a lot about Tomb Raider & how he has a daughter that plays Fallout. My buddy asked him if they could make a larger controller for bigger hands & he replied, “Really? I’ve never heard that request before!” Then my other buddy asked when we’d see more major games announced & he said there really wasn’t a lot of gameshows for a while, so it wouldn’t be for a bit, but to “tune in” to the Videogame Awards that were coming up the next week & they had some small surprises for people. (which turned out to be Rocket League for Xbox One I guess) Why is it so unbelievable that he joined us? Add him to your list, he might join you sometime too.

EDIT: I forgot the funniest thing we talked about. I told you how I was communications banned on my xdigital17 account here at the time & he finally asked, “What did digital get banned for?” I told him I had a habit of texting people & talking smack. Then I asked him if they could maybe take a few words out of their profanity filter so I don’t get banned as much. I asked if they could “Work with me here!” He started laughing & said, “We’ll see what we can do.” Then I said, “You need me, I’ve bought tons of games for Xbox One!” Then he replied again, “Oh, I see what you’re doing, you’re using the financial angle to try to sway us!” and we all started cracking up. Finally, he asked me about my banning & how I felt about it & I replied that I talked a lot of smack over the years & I probably deserved it & he said that was probably the most logical, honest response he’s heard out of anybody. lol.

> 2533274885638438;16:
> > 2533274815998881;14:
> > I thought xbox confirmed reach and halo wars in thier december update?
>
>
> Yeah, I thought they did too. I’m not sure when Reach is come to BC now.

Nope. On their website they have Reach as “coming soon”. They never specified a date.

> 2533274836684762;2:
> when 343 makes a good halo game…
>
> on a serious note, probably december 15th

Nice one :slight_smile:

Here’s the footage of Major Nelson & Phil Spencer. I had to upload it to OneDrive. I went back like two days after I played with them & used GameDVR to record the Theater mode from Halo 5 because I wanted it to be from their perspective because I was going to send it to them, but then I never did because I didn’t know if it would be awkward or not.

Me (SniffyBat34) Driving Major Nelson

Phil Spencer’s Thumbskills! (lol)