When will dual wielding return?

Looking back at Halo one of my favorite features is still dual wielding,and it made sense when it was taken out in ODST because a regular human shouldn’t be able to hold two weapons that are the size of his forearm, but Why wouldn’t it be in Reach, or Halo 4? Spartans are strong enough, and have always done it in the past with the exception of Halo CE. It’s not like the guys at 343 have forgotten about the feature because you can see spartans like Sara Palmer dual wielding in a couple of different cases. I think it’s just pure laziness on their part, All that would have to be done is re balancing some of the weapons, and adding some weapons from the past such as the SMG, and the Plasma Rifle. It would be a simple feature to add back into the Halo universe, and If there is a god I pray to him they add it back into the game with Halo Xbox One.

Yes please!! :slight_smile:

Didn’t they remove it because of balance issues?

Besides, I don’t think it’d work well in the next games. Dual Boltshots… shudders at thought

I liked it in Halo 2 but in Halo 3 your weapons got drastically weaker when you dual wielded them. The common argument for its removal is that you have a bunch of underpowered weapons when you have one of them and a bunch of overpowered weapons when you have two of them. I do miss the SMG + Plasma Rifle combo though. :frowning:

duel wield+ SMG 1 hand, SAW another+ Damage boost= the “HOLY DIVER”

> Didn’t they remove it because of balance issues?

Actually, no. Bungie said that with the addition of armor abilities, they simply ran out of buttons for dual-wielding.

in Halo 5 I hope, it never even should have left

I think they should treat dual wielding similar to how they treat turrets. They give you a higher base damage (higher than starting weapons but lower than power weapons) but limit you in certan ways (movement, armor abilities, sprint). That way you don’t have to nerf the single handed weapons.

How about this:

You can dual wield, but you can’t spawn with it. you find another dual wieldable weapon on the battle field and you dual wield it, BUT you can’t use your armor ability (or sprint maybe?)

> Didn’t they remove it because of balance issues?
>
> Besides, I don’t think it’d work well in the next games. Dual Boltshots… shudders at thought

The Boltshot isn’t that bad of a weapon, its mechanics are just poorly executed, in my opinion. The one-hit-kill should have been removed altogether, and the charged shot should use the entire remaining clip. All 10 bolts would then take out a shield in close, and the damage scales down with the number of bolts in the charged shot.

If this were to happen, dual boltshots wouldn’t be that much of an issue, and it would still be a viable sidearm.

I loved it so much. It was just one of those things that made Halo 2 and 3 stand out. No other game has this feature, and now no game has this feature :’(

Honestly I cheered when ODST and Reach ditched dual-wielding. It just totally ruins the professional soldier image of Spartans.

But everyone else seems to want it back, so I suppose why not.

> Honestly I cheered when ODST and Reach ditched dual-wielding. It just totally ruins the professional soldier image of Spartans.
>
> But everyone else seems to want it back, so I suppose why not.

What about shooting twice as many bullets undermines the presentation as a soldier? Killing things more effectively should be the goal…

> Honestly I cheered when ODST and Reach ditched dual-wielding. <mark>It just totally ruins the professional soldier image of Spartans</mark>.
>
> But everyone else seems to want it back, so I suppose why not.

What? In my opinion it completely enhances the image of Spartans as super awesome, highly capable units. Aside from just plain fun and strategical complexity, it offers the return of numerous classic Halo weapons that almost everyone has been missing and it will also be a step in the Halo 2 Anniversary direction (which many fans really want).