When will 343i show that they're listening

I’m not trying to hate or anything but when will they prove to us that they’re really listening. Yes I know they said they are and they will improve but just because they say so doesn’t mean its actually true.

Look at all these suggestion threads that are being made. 343 could at least post on them saying “We like your suggestion, this will be discussed with the development team” or something like that. They could just announce more of the new improvements they’re putting into the game. Do I actually have to pay $60 just to see if 343 made improvements.

343 only post on the Halo 4 threads that talk about dlc, updates or game bugs. I just think 343 should post more on the Halo Xbox One threads. Halo is the only reason why I’m sticking with Xbox next generation and I just wanna make sure ahead of time that I be wont regretting my purchase.

I agree. Bungie was VERY involved with the community. I respect 343, but they could do better with interacting with the community in my opinion.

Either it will happen a long time from now or never. 343i’s lack of interaction and acknowledgement of the community is really old news, and despite requests to employees, like bsangel, bravo, etc. there really hasn’t been much that’s come from it. I’ve seen Bravo post in threads regarding MM settings and weapon tuning, but that’s about where the relevant posts end.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up, but 343 really should talk more with the community on important aspects of the game.

^Exactly

> I agree. Bungie was VERY involved with the community. I respect 343, but they could do better with interacting with the community in my opinion.

Bungie never came onto the forums during development and said “that’s a great idea, we’ll take it to the development team”.

343 does post on these forums, but only in certain ones, such as the playlist feedback threads (much like Bungie. Hell, I rarely remember them venturing far out of the forums where only people with linked GTs could post). Now and again they’ll post, but for the most part they are managing their existing games and developing Halo Xbox One.

343 has shown, time and time again, that they listen to this community. The first months after Halo 4 release featured weekly bug fixes and even minor weapon tuning. The major weapon tuning was in direct response to fan feedback. Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.

There is tons of evidence for 343 listening. Sure, they don’t comment on story and fan theories, but neither did Bungie. Both companies have stuck pretty close to matchmaking and gameplay when it comes to their forum.

If they don’t pay attention to the community then 343s arrogance will pile drive Halo into the ground. Tbh after the initial disappointment Reach was (Before TU), Halo 4 for me was meant to be the culmination of community feedback. I think Halo 4 was overall a failure and it was a kick in the balls for the fans who waited and remained loyal after Reach.

H4 should have been the turning point for Halo, but now its redemption (and 343s) depends on Halo 5. Only now the consequences of a Halo game screwing up twice (thrice if you count Reach) is more severe to the survival of the Reclaimer Trilogy.

They really have no option other than to listen to community feedback.

> > I agree. Bungie was VERY involved with the community. I respect 343, but they could do better with interacting with the community in my opinion.
>
> Bungie never came onto the forums during development and said “that’s a great idea, we’ll take it to the development team”.
>
> 343 does post on these forums, but only in certain ones, such as the playlist feedback threads (much like Bungie. Hell, I rarely remember them venturing far out of the forums where only people with linked GTs could post). Now and again they’ll post, but for the most part they are managing their existing games and developing Halo Xbox One.
>
> 343 has shown, time and time again, that they listen to this community. The first months after Halo 4 release featured weekly bug fixes and even minor weapon tuning. The major weapon tuning was in direct response to fan feedback. Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.
>
> There is tons of evidence for 343 listening. Sure, they don’t comment on story and fan theories, but neither did Bungie. Both companies have stuck pretty close to matchmaking and gameplay when it comes to their forum.

I never said Bungie commented on theories or ideas. But they were definitely more involved with us. There’s a difference between fixing bugs and actually interacting with us.

> > > I agree. Bungie was VERY involved with the community. I respect 343, but they could do better with interacting with the community in my opinion.
> >
> > Bungie never came onto the forums during development and said “that’s a great idea, we’ll take it to the development team”.
> >
> > 343 does post on these forums, but only in certain ones, such as the playlist feedback threads (much like Bungie. Hell, I rarely remember them venturing far out of the forums where only people with linked GTs could post). Now and again they’ll post, but for the most part they are managing their existing games and developing Halo Xbox One.
> >
> > 343 has shown, time and time again, that they listen to this community. The first months after Halo 4 release featured weekly bug fixes and even minor weapon tuning. The major weapon tuning was in direct response to fan feedback. Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.
> >
> > There is tons of evidence for 343 listening. Sure, they don’t comment on story and fan theories, but neither did Bungie. Both companies have stuck pretty close to matchmaking and gameplay when it comes to their forum.
>
> I never said Bungie commented on theories or ideas. But they were definitely more involved with us. There’s a difference between fixing bugs and actually interacting with us.

Sorry, I was addressing you and the OP. Anyway:

I can almost guarantee that it only seems that way, likely due to nostalgia. There were plenty of topics back on B.net complaining that Bungie didn’t interact with the community enough, or did so less than they use to (and I’m sure such topics still exist, though I haven’t been on B.net’s forums for a while).

> 343 has shown, time and time again, that they listen to this community. The first months after Halo 4 release featured weekly bug fixes and even minor weapon tuning. The major weapon tuning was in direct response to fan feedback. Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.
>
> There is tons of evidence for 343 listening.

What a joke. WHAT A JOKE.

What was it, 3 months after the release of Halo to fix the Boltshot?

6 months after Halo’s release to address the BR/LR/etc tuning?

9 months since Halo’s release for them to actually honour the people who payed for the War Games Map Pass and add a DLC playlist?

9 months for them to announce Race’s return to Halo?

This is the kicker,

“Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.”

9 months for some friggin skulls. SKULLS. As opposed to the multitudes of community requests for SpOps? (i.e.: Having a life pool)

Do I even need to list the things 343 have continued to ignore? Do I really? (Custom games???)

So yes 343 do eventually (and selectively)listen to their community, USING EVENTUALLY IN ITS MOST LIBERAL FORM. Perhaps we shouldn’t be asking 343 to listen to the community more, rather that they:

a) Act with some form of -Yoink!- relative expediency, even for 343
b) Aknowledge frequent/popular community requests in Bulletins so that we know if our efforts are actually going somewhere.

I don’t want to waste my time campaigning for a more customisable Spartan Ops experience to only have -Yoink!- arbitrary skulls 9 months down the track. Its virtually worthless to me that they’ve not only added something this insignificant but they’ve added it so late.

-Double post, disregard -

> > 343 has shown, time and time again, that they listen to this community. The first months after Halo 4 release featured weekly bug fixes and even minor weapon tuning. The major weapon tuning was in direct response to fan feedback. Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.
> >
> > There is tons of evidence for 343 listening.
>
> What a joke. WHAT A JOKE.
>
> What was it, 3 months after the release of Halo to fix the Boltshot?
>
> 6 months after Halo’s release to address the BR/LR/etc tuning?
>
> 9 months since Halo’s release for them to actually honour the people who payed for the War Games Map Pass and add a DLC playlist?
>
> 9 months for them to announce Race’s return to Halo?
>
> This is the kicker,
>
> “Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.”
>
> 9 months for some friggin skulls. SKULLS. As opposed to the multitudes of community requests for SpOps? (i.e.: Having a life pool)
>
> Do I even need to list the things 343 have continued to ignore? Do I really? (Custom games???)
>
> So yes 343 do eventually (and selectively)listen to their community, USING EVENTUALLY IN ITS MOST LIBERAL FORM. Perhaps we shouldn’t be asking 343 to listen to the community more, rather that they:
>
> a) Act with some form of -Yoink!- relative expediency, even for 343
> b) Aknowledge frequent/popular community requests in Bulletins so that we know if our efforts are actually going somewhere.
>
> I don’t want to waste my time campaigning for a more customisable Spartan Ops experience to only have -Yoink!- arbitrary skulls 9 months down the track. Its virtually worthless to me that they’ve not only added something this insignificant but they’ve added it so late.

LMAFO. I agree with everything you just said. I hope 343i sees your post. Maybe it will knock some sense into them.

> What was it, 3 months after the release of Halo to fix the Boltshot?

These forums aren’t the only place 343 gets feedback from. We make up a very small percentage of the community, and we only get a view from the ground level. 343 has the bird’s eye view. Plus, 343 has to balance their vision and the overall balance of the game with what the community wants. And of course, segments of the community often disagree, to the extreme.

> 6 months after Halo’s release to address the BR/LR/etc tuning?

You make it sound so simple. Fact is, the whole weapons sandbox was rebalanced, and that takes time and testing. It isn’t a simple fix, especially when the game still needs it’s regular support for those 6 months. It’s not like the game releases, and 343 kick’s back. The game is constantly monitored, as new ideas are balanced against post-release schedules.

> 9 months since Halo’s release for them to actually honour the people who payed for the War Games Map Pass and add a DLC playlist?

Because the Map pass was to try and avoid forcing DLC. There were always DLC playlist for the first few weeks after a map pack released, and after those few weeks, the numbers fell. 343 has to weigh playlist consolidation against what they and the community want to see in a playlist.

> 9 months for them to announce Race’s return to Halo?

This could go into a long discussion about the terrible custom games options, so I’d rather avoid this one. Yeah, it took a long time, see the point’s I’ve already made.

> This is the kicker,
>
> “Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.”
>
> 9 months for some friggin skulls. SKULLS. As opposed to the multitudes of community requests for SpOps? (i.e.: Having a life pool)

You talks as though adding lives is a simple matter. It may be, or it may be no. Anytime you change something, in terms of programming, it can open up the door to an untold number of problems.

> So yes 343 do eventually listen to their community, USING EVENTUALLY IN ITS MOST LIBERAL FORM.

You can’t expect an immediate turnaround, as I have explained above.

> Perhaps we shouldn’t be asking 343 to listen to the community more, rather that they:
>
> a) Act with some form of -Yoink!- relative expediency, even for 343
> b) Aknowledge frequent/popular community requests in Bulletins so that we know if our efforts are actually going somewhere.

a) see above b) they have, and continue to do so.

> I don’t want to waste my time campaigning for <mark>a more customisable Spartan Ops experience</mark> to only have -Yoink!- arbitrary skulls 9 months down the track. Its virtually worthless to me that they’ve not only added something this insignificant but they’ve added it so late.

You can’t just “add” it. This require new UI and programming. It’s not that simple.

> > What was it, 3 months after the release of Halo to fix the Boltshot?
>
> These forums aren’t the only place 343 gets feedback from. We make up a very small percentage of the community, and we only get a view from the ground level. 343 has the bird’s eye view. Plus, 343 has to balance their vision and the overall balance of the game with what the community wants. And of course, segments of the community often disagree, to the extreme.
>
>
>
> > 6 months after Halo’s release to address the BR/LR/etc tuning?
>
> You make it sound so simple. Fact is, the whole weapons sandbox was rebalanced, and that takes time and testing. It isn’t a simple fix, especially when the game still needs it’s regular support for those 6 months. It’s not like the game releases, and 343 kick’s back. The game is constantly monitored, as new ideas are balanced against post-release schedules.
>
>
>
> > 9 months since Halo’s release for them to actually honour the people who payed for the War Games Map Pass and add a DLC playlist?
>
> Because the Map pass was to try and avoid forcing DLC. There were always DLC playlist for the first few weeks after a map pack released, and after those few weeks, the numbers fell. 343 has to weigh playlist consolidation against what they and the community want to see in a playlist.
>
>
>
> > 9 months for them to announce Race’s return to Halo?
>
> This could go into a long discussion about the terrible custom games options, so I’d rather avoid this one. Yeah, it took a long time, see the point’s I’ve already made.
>
>
>
> > This is the kicker,
> >
> > “Hell, we now have Spartan Ops with skulls because the community pushed for it.”
> >
> > 9 months for some friggin skulls. SKULLS. As opposed to the multitudes of community requests for SpOps? (i.e.: Having a life pool)
>
> You talks as though adding lives is a simple matter. It may be, or it may be no. Anytime you change something, in terms of programming, it can open up the door to an untold number of problems.
>
>
>
> > So yes 343 do eventually listen to their community, USING EVENTUALLY IN ITS MOST LIBERAL FORM.
>
> You can’t expect an immediate turnaround, as I have explained above.
>
>
>
> > Perhaps we shouldn’t be asking 343 to listen to the community more, rather that they:
> >
> > a) Act with some form of -Yoink!- relative expediency, even for 343
> > b) Aknowledge frequent/popular community requests in Bulletins so that we know if our efforts are actually going somewhere.
>
> a) see above b) they have, and continue to do so.
>
>
>
> > I don’t want to waste my time campaigning for <mark>a more customisable Spartan Ops experience</mark> to only have -Yoink!- arbitrary skulls 9 months down the track. Its virtually worthless to me that they’ve not only added something this insignificant but they’ve added it so late.
>
> You can’t just “add” it. This require new UI and programming. It’s not that simple.

We understand that it takes time to do these changes.

But over 4 months after the games release just to fix something people have been complaining about from the start? That is just unacceptable. And because of that over 90% of the population already left. And that population isn’t coming back.

Hopefully 343 has enough time to browse these complaints and fix their next game. Last thing we need is another Halo 4.

> Hopefully 343 has enough time to browse these complaints and fix their next game. Last thing we need is another Halo 4.

I hope so too man

Halo Xbox One is over a year out. I don’t get people acting like 343 isn’t communicating adequately. Its pretty standard practice to be hush hush until the flood gates of information open.

Old habits die hard unfortunately and 343i are experts at listening to themselves. Remember the HUGE threads a couple months into the games asking for Custom game/Ranking system revisions? Did we see any effective results from those threads?

The answer is no, say what you want about CSR but it is a flawed and ineffective system. I highly doubt 343i still even understands where they went wrong with custom games since they were shocked that the community was upset about it in the fist place.

> Old habits die hard unfortunately and 343i are experts at listening to themselves. Remember the HUGE threads a couple months into the games asking for Custom game/Ranking system revisions? Did we see any effective results from those threads?
>
> The answer is no, say what you want about CSR but it is a flawed and ineffective system. I highly doubt 343i still even understands where they went wrong with custom games since they were shocked that the community was upset about it in the fist place.

Or maybe they understand and they are pouring their energy into making Halo 5 a more appealing product.

@ Toa Freak

Your counter argument essentially boils down to:

a. Weapon tuning taking its time due to testing and maintaining balance within the community
b. The Communities unknown simplicity/complexity to changes in existing game modes (Spartan Ops)

a> If the idea of a Beta was thrown out the window then the voice of the community, despite what you say is a minority, is more important than ever. Weapon tuning is something so basic and vital for the health of an FPS that the fact that it wasn’t existent even in a remote form upon Halo 4’s release begs the question of how they actually tested this out in the first place.

There will always be people who disagree to changes. However, the fact that things like the Boltshot and DMR were very early on talked about in such great volumes should have been if not changed, at least acknowledged by 343 in their Bulletins. I disagree that weapon tuning is as hard as you claim. I really do.

Basic updates could have come to us in the form of playlists (like TU playlists in Reach), that way the whole community can play test it concurrently. To maintain a decent sample size a simple incentive like double exp could have been added.

Instead of flying out a handful of community yahoos to test it out, because honestly their opinion means sweet EFF all to me. I would like the opportunity to test it myself before it becomes the standard.

I know for a fact that DICE has been on top of BF3’s weapon balance from the get go. (FAMAS and Frag rounds anyone?) and I have been told that (dare I reference), Call of Duty has also been expedient in changes to weapon tuning. Why is Halo so far behind?

b> No I do not know the complexities (or lack of?) involved in adding options to Spartan Ops and from what you said quite obviously neither do you. Though when 343 says that they’re “looking into the feasibility of such additions” (Paraphrase from an actual 343 quote regarding SpOps) and then just leave it at, it becomes POINTLESS. I cannot stand the “testing the feasibility” cop out.

Acknowledging such changes then leaving the community in the dark for 9 months on, only to change the most minute of things is a laughable attempt. If requested changes to existing modes are not possible then I would rather they say so. Would save many people a lot of effort.

They already have. Again and again.