When will 343 admit game is still in development

Nearlly a month old and still patches every other day. I can’t see how this game ever passed certification or even internal Q&A as it’s just got too much wrong with it.

If we continue at this rate 343 will have to supply us with 1Tb HDD just for Halo. It’s sad to see my favorite game ruin all the excitement I had pre release.

Come on 343 admit the game ws not ready and should never have shipped in the manner it did,

I’m sure once some sort of compensation or bonus content is given to you, this won’t matter as much. Btw… The constant apologies and statements about how this game not working properly for everyone is kinda a straight out admission that they screwed up… Just saying there have been lots of statements from 343 pertaining to this… Not sure what you want. Realistically this is what your gonna get no more so I don’t wanna hear a perfect game or refund or anything. The situation as it stands now is the best a game developer would do dealt the same hand.

The base size (on disc size) of MCC isn’t that much bigger than some other games out right now, it’s only the extra multiplayer content that drive it up to 60gig. Considering there’s 4 games and various multiplayers, along with Forge, Theatre and Video content, that’s not that much when you compare to other X1 games that are just a single game. So far there have been 3 patches equalling roughly 3gb? Not all of that gets tacked on though - some of the code will be replacements / integrations and some of it will be to remove or condense sections of code. If it was tacked on, we’d all be sitting at around 62 almost 63gig right now, I haven’t (so far) caught anyone with that file size.

The only thing that is going to add a little extra to that is Spartan Ops - unless that is already included and they are simply going to update and reveal via patch. I’m not quite sure how SpOps is going to work, guess we’ll find out in a week or 2.

@BigDawg1488 . I championed 343 to say something and was really glad they have. However what they have said is “we are bug fixing” but a lot of whats needed was stuff that does not break (for everyone) once working. I’ve not read anywhere 343 saying the game was not finished and should never have gone on sale as it was. It does seem to be getting better but it’s so buggy it will never be fixed. i.e. I have an achievement for playing 50 MM games but I’ve only played 23.

With so many small things to tackle after they fix the big things the way they compensate users will say a lot about how 343 see the fanbase. Halo 5 for £10 would be acceptable but any stupid avatar items or backgrounds would be a kick in the teeth and in my eyes a blatant attempt to fool users into keeping the very sub-standard product longer than need be, maybe getting 343/MS out of a legal returns issue. i.e. return within30 days or loose your rights to return it.

@stckrboy. Some good points stckr but I will say that HCEA, H3 and H4 on disc totalled at most 20Gb whats the other 30Gb supposed to do? We need some answers, and dedicated servers

So any admission from 343 that the game is still in development or are we supposed to think 343 saying “you can have ODST free sometime in the future” is some sort of Precursor magic that will blow strange dust all over Earth fixing Halo MCC as it passes your location.

Have a great Xmas everyone see you all in the Halo 5 Beta (hopefully beta than Halo MCC)

I have been in 20+ different betas and TMCC is clearly in beta development stage. I do applaud their overwhelming project, and I am glad the game is getting better, but it should not have been released this year. It needed at least another 6 months for development, testing. And most important, it should have had a public beta.

> 2533274852968937;5:
> So any admission from 343 that the game is still in development or are we supposed to think 343 saying “you can have ODST free sometime in the future” is some sort of Precursor magic that will blow strange dust all over Earth fixing Halo MCC as it passes your location.
>
> Have a great Xmas everyone see you all in the Halo 5 Beta (hopefully beta than Halo MCC)

I was in the Halo 5 pre beta and it ran quite well. A few problems here and there and sometimes long loading times, but we are all used to that by now after playing TMCC. Overall it still ran better than TMCC.