when Someone leaves a game and screws the team

OK one of the things that really pisses me off is when someone leaves a game in CTF and screws the team over. That puts the other team in a disadvantage and thus usually results in a frustrating loss. My idea is make is so that if someone leaves another player looking for a game can join in on the action.

> OK one of the things that really pisses me off is when someone leaves a game in CTF and screws the team over. That puts the other team in a disadvantage and thus usually results in a frustrating loss. My idea is make is so that if someone leaves another player looking for a game can join in on the action.

As much as i love this idea because it would mean i could stat--Yoink!- on a full team for the full time limit this can never happen. That’s something that should stay with games like CoD and not games like Halo.

i agree, that would be anyoing as hell having randoms join in mid-game.
and personaly id rather be 1 on 3 in a game, then 3 on 1. i hate having teamates, cuz apparently this game loves to pair me WITH randoms whos k/ds r lower then my school grades. shame i can’t get all the kids with 5.00 i play against in rumble pitt or mlg.
no support for this, its anyoing and pointless

> i agree, that would be anyoing as hell having randoms join in mid-game.
> and personaly id rather be 1 on 3 in a game, then 3 on 1. i hate having teamates, cuz apparently this game loves to pair me WITH randoms whos k/ds r lower then my school grades. shame i can’t get all the kids with 5.00 i play against in rumble pitt or mlg.
> no support for this, its anyoing and pointless

k/d’s lower than your grades, eh? Doesn’t sound too bad (confidence boost!)

Anyway, I think this should stay with CoD. It wouldn’t destroy halo or anything, but I’d prefer it stay out of Halo. I really hate it when I’m playing CoD and I end up joining a game that’s just about to end or something, and I personally kinda like it when my team has a slightly lesser number. It means less heads for the other team to pop.

No, people leave games for reasons(ie spawnkilled, losing). No one wants to join a game like that.

I don’t even mind when people leave in game types like Snipers or Swat.

> No, people leave games for reasons(ie spawnkilled, losing). No one wants to join a game like that.

eh, that is only one instance. Not entirely the majority.
I see more people quit before the game even starts because they don’t get the map they want or ‘they’ aren’t playing well.

I’ve seen kids on winning teams quit quite a bit when they were doing bad.

For social games, yes I would be fine with dropping people into a match.
Although this becomes quite hard for Halo Reach seeing as its all social except one playlist. I would be okay with it being implemented in Halo 4 if they do happen to change it back to it being like Halo 3/2.

Hopefully, they could create a way of it picking up on games that are almost over or the time limit has almost been reached.

I usually only quit after one or more of my teammates quit, and only if there is no chance of winning the game. There is nothing like winning when you’re down a player or two, but if it turns into a spawn killing mess I’ll quit in a heart beat. I refuse to take that many deaths in a game i’m going to lose anyway. Especially in objective where if one team is dominating they will stop doing the objective all together.

I definitely don’t mind players quitting when they are playing poorly. I’ve lost far too many slayer games where one person goes 2-14, but the rest of the team does well. I’d much rather they quit because you can’t help from the respawn screen.

I would never want someone joining mid match. The team that should lose should lose. And I’m not for changing the outcome of a game because one person quits. Everyone quits at some point or lags out, leaving their teammates stranded. It’s just something everyone has to deal with. And I’m pretty sure many people would be upset to join in a game only to be repeatedly killed by the team who already has map control. And there would of course be the CoD problem of whether the games should be counted as losses. When you join a losing match on CoD, even after the final score, it can count as a loss I think. Definitely not cool

Honestly there should just be tougher punishments for people who quit.
I’m sure if you lost a good bunch of credits for quitting, the amount of people who quit would go down.

No mid-game joins. It would be equally frustrating in another way.

Besides, a 3v4 game (link) isn’t always a guaranteed loss.

> i agree, that would be anyoing as hell having randoms join in mid-game.
> and personaly id rather be 1 on 3 in a game, then 3 on 1. i hate having teamates, cuz apparently this game loves <mark>to pair me WITH randoms whos k/ds r lower then my school grades.</mark> shame i can’t get all the kids with 5.00 i play against in rumble pitt or mlg.
> no support for this, its anyoing and pointless

Damn their k/d must be really in the negatives.

> Honestly there should just be tougher punishments for people who quit.
> I’m sure if you lost a good bunch of credits for quitting, the amount of people who quit would go down.

on the contrary. I’d quit all the time on purpose if I was deducted credits that made me derank.

recruit for life.

I don’t care about armor, rank, or cR’s in Reach. None of them matter.

Play with friends, problem solved.