When should we go dark?

I remember about a month before Reach was coming out Bungie said that people should go into the dark and stay off the forums.
I didn’t really do that and Reach’s ending was spoiled for me a couple days before it came out. Though technically we all kinda knew how the game was going to end.
But for Halo 4, the only info I want to know about the game will be from what 343 or Waypoint says.
So, when do you think I should stay off the internet so Halo 4 doesn’t get spoiled for me?

Pretty much 1 month before launch.

Next september…

Also I agree. On Bungie.net people kept posting a link to a viral site that showed the ending, explained how all the characters died…and…and had a disturbing background

> Doing a 12 month Army course next year.
> Won’t come back until December
>> Spoiler free

:smiley:

Though I have to wait like three extra months… But whatever. It really depends on what you want to be spoiled, and what you want to be kept secret.

I personally don’t want to know anything about Halo 4 until I’ve played it. That includes weapons, any possible explanations for the armour, enemies… etc etc.

Good luck. I couldn’t do it. I have no willpower when it come to Halo news. I got to have it and I got to have it NOW!!! :slight_smile:

Having Reach’s ending spoiled is like having Titanic’s ending spoiled… It doesn’t really happen, unless you’ve been living under a rock for a while (in Titanic’s case, 100 years, but by then you’d be some creepy pale mutated thing… of course, a lot of gamers are, but that’s beside the point. They still get news because they have internet).

With Halo 4’s case though, we have absolutely no idea what’s going on. It’s pretty much pure speculation at this point, and I kinda hope it’s that way. If Thel’ Vadam makes an appearance in the game, I want it to be kept secret so when I play the game I’m flipping out.

> Next september…
>
> Also I agree. On Bungie.net people kept posting a link to a viral site that showed the ending, explained how all the characters died…and…and had a disturbing background

I got hit by that thank god for mute, off buttons to monitors and restart buttons.

> Having Reach’s ending spoiled is like having Titanic’s ending spoiled… It doesn’t really happen, unless you’ve been living under a rock for a while (in Titanic’s case, 100 years, but by then you’d be some creepy pale mutated thing… of course, a lot of gamers are, but that’s beside the point. They still get news because they have internet).

O_O

> > Having Reach’s ending spoiled is like having Titanic’s ending spoiled… It doesn’t really happen, unless you’ve been living under a rock for a while (in Titanic’s case, 100 years, but by then you’d be some creepy pale mutated thing… of course, a lot of gamers are, but that’s beside the point. They still get news because they have internet).
>
> O_O

>Emoticons

Why.jpg

The more news there is the more feedback the community can give. We don’t want another Reach do we?

> The more news there is the more feedback the community can give. We don’t want another Reach do we?

Reach’s story joined up with CE’s, which is what it was intended to do. Nothing was wrong with Reach’s Campaign.

(this is not a step-up post to begin bashing the multiplayer)

OT: It’s always a good idea to keep away from forums, there will always be one person to spoil it. :frowning:

> > The more news there is the more feedback the community can give. We don’t want another Reach do we?
>
> Reach’s story joined up with CE’s, which is what it was intended to do. Nothing was wrong with Reach’s Campaign.
>
> (this is not a step-up post to begin bashing the multiplayer)
>
> OT: It’s always a good idea to keep away from forums, there will always be one person to spoil it. :frowning:

it changed sevral things for the worse.

> > > The more news there is the more feedback the community can give. We don’t want another Reach do we?
> >
> > Reach’s story joined up with CE’s, which is what it was intended to do. Nothing was wrong with Reach’s Campaign.
> >
> > (this is not a step-up post to begin bashing the multiplayer)
> >
> > OT: It’s always a good idea to keep away from forums, there will always be one person to spoil it. :frowning:
>
> it changed sevral things for the worse.

Several things from the book? Like the thread on Bungie.net stated? Or several things gameplay wise?

OT: During the month prior to Reach’ release I was entertained by other games, the best thing to do is to distract yourself :slight_smile:

> > > > The more news there is the more feedback the community can give. We don’t want another Reach do we?
> > >
> > > Reach’s story joined up with CE’s, which is what it was intended to do. Nothing was wrong with Reach’s Campaign.
> > >
> > > (this is not a step-up post to begin bashing the multiplayer)
> > >
> > > OT: It’s always a good idea to keep away from forums, there will always be one person to spoil it. :frowning:
> >
> > it changed sevral things for the worse.
>
> Several things from the book? Like the thread on Bungie.net stated? Or several things gameplay wise?
>
> OT: During the month prior to Reach’ release I was entertained by other games, the best thing to do is to distract yourself :slight_smile:

Canon-wise, storywise

Game is Canon. Books come Second.

I should really put this on a signature. :frowning:

I’d say you should go dark before Halo Fest. They will be discussing Halo 4…

id say right when rumors of that famous rock start dude posting major leaks of it start coming out. they all usually end up being true.

we’re not gonna talk about the canon in this thread. but what I will say, is that the games have seemed to merge with what has been established already, with a few minor retcons.

Going dark is no fun, it’s more fun to chase down any tidbit of info and then gossip about the legitimacy of it.