When should we go dark?

We all know within weeks of the release, there will be spoilers appearing across the internet, especially Youtube. If you had to guess, when would you say we should go dark in order to avoid spoilers?

Probably not too long after the game goes gold. Halo games always leak like crazy, so the earlier, the better.

> 2533274799527886;2:
> Probably not too long after the game goes gold. Halo games always leak like crazy, so the earlier, the better.

Retailers tend to get their games 7-10 days before launch, but sometimes as early as 20 days. I’d say around then would be a good time.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> We all know within weeks of the release, there will be spoilers appearing across the internet, especially Youtube. If you had to guess, when would you say we should go dark in order to avoid spoilers?

About 2 weeks before release since it will more then likely be leaked…just saying its happened to every halo since halo 3

Couple weeks prior to launch and I’ll be off the forums, YouTube and most of the Internet.

It won’t be easy but it will definitely be worth it. I probably will only try out arena, warzone and forge once or twice, if that, until I have beat campaign.

A lot of people forget that even if you are not looking for spoilers, sites like YouTube remember by your search history and will pop anything related to it…

I would say go dark when the game goes gold to be safe

;( I saw the Halo 4 spoiler before I bought the game.

Gears comes out tomorrow and Mad Max next week, so tomorrow? I will still come here until Beginning of October.

As soon as the game goes gold, it will probably be a good time to go dark.

Go dark oct 1, if you have the urge for anything halo related stick to whatever 343 post here. Best way to avoid anything oh and no youtube.

> 2533274873486404;7:
> ;( I saw the Halo 4 spoiler before I bought the game.

Me too bud, me too. :frowning:

As for me, I don’t get to go dark. Someone has to keep the forums clean. :frowning:

The night is dark and full of terrors…

> 2533274796457055;11:
> > 2533274873486404;7:
> > ;( I saw the Halo 4 spoiler before I bought the game.
>
>
> Me too bud, me too. :frowning:
>
> As for me, I don’t get to go dark. Someone has to keep the forums clean. :frowning:

Awh, poor doodlenoodle.

Well, you have my gratitude for making the forums a fun place to be in if that counts as something!

(It probably means jack -Yoink- to you, lol.)

I still remember when the first two missions were leaked for Halo 4… and Halo Follower made a video about it when you shouldn’t promote leaks as a YouTube channel -_-

> 2533274859620752;13:
> > 2533274796457055;11:
> > > 2533274873486404;7:
> > > ;( I saw the Halo 4 spoiler before I bought the game.
> >
> >
> > Me too bud, me too. :frowning:
> >
> > As for me, I don’t get to go dark. Someone has to keep the forums clean. :frowning:
>
>
> Awh, poor doodlenoodle.
>
> Well, you have my gratitude for making the forums a fun place to be in if that counts as something!
>
> (It probably means jack -Yoink- to you, lol.)

:purple_heart: Knowing that what I/we do doesn’t go unnoticed is always a plus. Sometimes it feels like a very thankless task so it is appreciated. :slight_smile:

Just avoid campaign stuff, but watch out for multiplayer and if it works

> 2533274873783305;3:
> > 2533274799527886;2:
> > Probably not too long after the game goes gold. Halo games always leak like crazy, so the earlier, the better.
>
>
> Retailers tend to get their games 7-10 days before launch, but sometimes as early as 20 days. I’d say around then would be a good time.

Dude when I worked at best buy back in high school we had games and music 2-3 month’s early and locked in a metal cabinet.

I’ll probably stay of youtube and the halo wikis as much as I can starting October. Hopefully the forums will be leak free (both the vegetable and the spoiler kind) and we can all enjoy Halo 5 at once.

The day the game leaks out, probably a week before launch.

around october