When people blame the game Mechanics

So i hear alot how things like sprint and anything that makes the game of halo run like some Atari level move left or right and jump as the only option of movement. Well from all the threads iv noticed a trend its called skill gap yea that one thing that gets thrown around as an excuse for sucking at something for once.

See there’s a small percentage of gamer people( consisting of man children usually since ost halo 2 players are freaking old by now.) in halo who thrived in halo 2 or 3, by this i mean they were the guys who figured out the best pattern for each level to play and they stuck to this pattern because there were only like 3 or 4 options to use as far as approach and defense which led to your team successfully spawn killing and nade kills galore.

Ok so along comes games like reach and halo 4 they throw in new mechanics to the game that add variety to the combat feild. Now the guys who thrived in halo 2 are like what this guy is running faster then in halo 2 hey these guys are doing different things no this is not part of the pattern.

Then the gamer begins to calculate then he is losing so since he is losing its not his fault so he thinks its the game fault any reason is the fault so he noticed hmm this guy runs to fast for me to kill him that’s why im losing. So of course since he is losing and blames the game i means this game is trash because he is losing and throws a rage rant over it because for once in his halo life he isnt the top of the score sheet.

Thats life though

Here is how i can explain halo 2 gmer compared to halo 4 gamer

Imagine a game like street fighter you basically play in 2D your options of Aproach are to move forward from there you can attack head on attack low or attack fro above. or even back up.

Now lets take battlefeild 4 a 3D style of comat you can move in vertually any diretion any normal human being can you can attack in the same ways as above or from behind above and front but from virtually all 360 degrees of an angle so n

So now lets put ryu from street fighter and he can only move in 2D and pit him against a guy from battlefeild 4 he can move like he can in BF4 so ryu walks up on this guy and shoots a haduken ok BF4 guy simply moves left and sprints around over a a ledge and behind ryu and shoots him. now lets give them both equal abilities of movement now but they are still accostomed to there ways of playing so ryu sticks to his traditional movement but tries the new ays a little while BF$ guy uses his movements

Its basically like halo 2 vs halo 4 in 4 you have more options different variables whie in 2 yea it revolutionized gaming for FPS but thats it thats all it did it aved the way for more variables to be implicated further down the road. to me 2 gets stale fast because theres limit variables touse in the game so your more likyl to get stuck in a spawn trap

In halo 4 you can actualy have a chance to turn the tide rather then be subjected to a slaughter. see halo 4 makes it so the enemy team cant get comfortable set up cam and drop nades and bullets int a bowl untop the other team or at least stay in that position for to long.

What? So much of that made no sense what so ever.

Anyways. I literally won over 98% of my Reach games with a record of like 2500 - 50(I can link if you want) and could write an essay about all the things that game did horribly in comparison to H3. I was actually probably better at Reach than I was H3 and I much prefer H3. Your theory is wrong.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

When I’m with a team, we utterly demolish everyone we come by in Reach, 4, and now the Halo 5 beta. Most of my friends still condemn those games, including myself, so you’re whole rant is just well… a rant.

> 2535438961934440;2:
> What? So much of that made no sense what so ever.

At least this time he didn’t write a paragraph about his Nissan GTR in Forza, and how Halo should be more like Forza Horizon…

As years pass by, these guys will fade further into the past. Don’t worry about it.

i played mlg customs in halo 2 and 3, i also played them in reach. my skill didn’t drop. i taken it less seriously (hence the large number of online games on his acc) but i was still better than nearly most, and nearly everyone online due to the skill gap between online warriors and customs players.

i just don’t like additional off spawn mobility options with halos shields and move speed, makes it harder to capitalize and slows the game down. i still stomp bad players, it’s just more tedious with sprint and favours running away, giving players more opportunity to play braindead when they think they can escape poor positioning (aka they shoot less).

also people still play third strike at tournaments sometimes…battlefield 4 will be obscure in a year or 2

please don’t mask your opinion as fact

I kind of agree with you, I have really met people that said that Halo 5 had no skill gap when they got destroyed and they were really good at Halo 2, but after spectating them in Halo 5 it was clear that they couldn’t use the new abilities in a very good way. So yeah, some people suck at the new game, which doesn’t mean that the skill gap is lower, it could just mean that they just couldn’t adapt, but of coure this is not the case for every H2 player out there.

I’m noticing a trend. People who blindly defend 343 are less likely to be able to put coherent posts together, instead going on long, rambling, sadly misguided rants.

Complain all you want. Adapting is the only means of succeeding when it comes to new installments in the franchise.

> 2533274826066683;7:
> I kind of agree with you, I have really met people that said that Halo 5 had no skill gap when they got destroyed and they were really good at Halo 2, but after spectating them in Halo 5 it was clear that they couldn’t use the new abilities in a very good way. So yeah, some people suck at the new game, which doesn’t mean that the skill gap is lower, it could just mean that they just couldn’t adapt, but of coure this is not the case for every H2 player out there.

Of course its like a small percent of them much like the Pro Gamers most halo 2 players don’t actually complain they adapt, and overome the difficulties. There was something i heard in the video about the Beta the developers said at first they would stomp the pro gamers because they new the mechanics but once the Pros got the hang of it they stomped the developers team. but yea a small percent of old school gamers are the ones using excuses to cover up that they havent been able to get better at the game at hand.