When Matchmaking works well its great!

I had a run for few days of being put into matches with people WAY better then myself and ended up having zero fun over numerous games.

Then today Matchmaking just seemed to pick the perfect games everyone was very equally matched and in one match I think there was only 3/4 kills between first and last. That was most fun I have had in Halo for a long time.

I know exactly how you feel. Then when I’m down by 30 points I’m not allowed to quit because of the dumb quit ban…

> I had a run for few days of being put into matches with people WAY better then myself and ended up having zero fun over numerous games.
>
> Then today Matchmaking just seemed to pick the perfect games everyone was very equally matched and in one match I think there was only 3/4 kills between first and last. That was most fun I have had in Halo for a long time.

You only get better by playing opponents superior to yourself.

No, Campdown, Rageflection, and Yellow Lift are unbearable regardless of who you’re up against.

> You only get better by playing opponents superior to yourself.

This.

I got good because I don’t give up when I’m fighting ridiculously better / coordinated teams, or when half or all my team quits. It forces you to think on your feet, look for ways of acting you might not have thought of before, and so on.

> No, Campdown, Rageflection, and Yellow Lift are unbearable regardless of who you’re up against.

That’s funny, considering these are the only maps I like (with the inclusion of Cage). I hate every other map, including 90% of the community matchmaking maps. They are awful. Just awful.

> > I had a run for few days of being put into matches with people WAY better then myself and ended up having zero fun over numerous games.
> >
> > Then today Matchmaking just seemed to pick the perfect games everyone was very equally matched and in one match I think there was only 3/4 kills between first and last. That was most fun I have had in Halo for a long time.
>
> You only get better by playing opponents superior to yourself.

Ye I get your point but i think there is a level where it just becomes frustrating when the match up is too off balance.

I actually find it matches worse when I used the match skill search feature in reach :-S dont know why that is

> No, Campdown, Rageflection, and Yellow Lift are unbearable regardless of who you’re up against.

I despise every map in this game except wayont

> > No, Campdown, Rageflection, and Yellow Lift are unbearable regardless of who you’re up against.
>
> I despise every map in this game except wayont

I’m so with you on that one, Wayont is the -Yoink-

I wish I could say the same but I only play in MLG because of the lack of AA. But with the ranking system I always run into pros and just the other day I found my self getting my -Yoink- kicked by kampy. ): I want the ranking system back.

> I had a run for few days of being put into matches with people WAY better then myself and ended up having zero fun over numerous games.
>
> Then today Matchmaking just seemed to pick the perfect games everyone was very equally matched and in one match I think there was only 3/4 kills between first and last. That was most fun I have had in Halo for a long time.

welcome to halo reach’s ‘matchmaking system’.

its been said its the same as 1-50, its just not as strict (said by bungie employee).

what is actually apparent, however, is that if you arent average (if you are above average, or below average) matchmaking will SUCK for you.

i’d consider myself to be above average. i have a 50 in halo 3 that i got on my first account (even tho it was super hard because of the losses along the way due to playing with friends who… suck… lol).

when i play halo reach with even 1 of my friends who is about as good as me (level 40’s in halo 3, and above), if we play for like 10 games, we MIGHT find ONE game against people who are as good as us. we’ll probably play 7 games against average halo players and just obliterate them, then 2 games against teams of 4 ‘moon ranked’ people and lose to them, then MAYBE 1 game against people who are our skill level and have a good game playing them.

the matchmaking system in halo reach is, quite frankly, laughable at best. it literally only works for average people. if you arent average, or mediocre, its just flat out terrible. the only people who will tell you it works are AVERAGE halo players (like level 20-40 in halo 3).

I have really enjoyed Reach the past few weeks. Heck I have even started Arena again. I didn’t play for a few months and since I have come back it seems the game play has been balanced out. I know Bungie had been doing play list updates, but it appears that some of the mechanics have been tweeked to. Or is that just me?