When it comes to 343 don't have high expectations

343 had a great launch with Halo 5.
Great job!!
But when it comes time to see, hear, and fix the games problems (just like in MCC) they take so long.
so long that the games loses population.
I would imagine they’d be quicker to roll out updates with Call Of Duty, Fallout, and Battlefront all out.
I mean a weekly update would show they are taking care of it step by step, but instead they wait to make a giant update that has its own set of bugs in it.

Ive just come to realize maybe I had to high expectations for 343 to live up to. With the pro team and all you wouldn’t think there would be an aiming issue you know. My expectations were high… I guess when it comes to 343 you haft to lower your expectations because 343i just isn’t that good. :frowning:

It’s been a large focus on Forge and you already know that Forge is going to be absolutely incredible. Look what they were able to do with the16 player maps. Just remember that all the classic maps can now be remade/re imagined. Not to mention all the new ideas by this great Forge community that will eventually come to pass.

December update hope.

I no longer have high expectations with 343. Pre-Halo 5 I loved them, backed them on almost everything. Now with the launch of what I believe is the worst Halo game ever, I can no longer do that. Halo 5 doesn’t even feel like Halo anymore, and it’s quite depressing.
Now I know people will argue with me in this, but I could care less. Go back and play the campaigns and matchmaking for CE-4, and you’ll see what I mean. Halo 5 is just completely different in almost every way.

Their playlist management is awful. I don’t understand the insistence on redundant playlists. They’ll make a playlist dedicated to Team Slayer and a playlist dedicated to Breakout, and then they’ll also put Team Slayer and Breakout into the Team Arena playlist. What point is there in that? MCC suffered from this same kind of redundancy. And then they hear the demand for social, more casual gametypes. We know they hear it because they tease the players with this sort of thing in the weekend playlists. Now, they’re not throwing these playlists together between the time the voting ends and the playlist launches, which means that they have all the choices already ready to go. So why not just launch them all and let people play them?

I imagine the 343 offices going something like this:

employee: “Sir, the fans on the forums are saying they want to play the game this other way.”
boss: “No, they have to play the game this way”
e: “But… what would it hurt to just let the players have more fun with the game?”
b: “I said no! They have to play it this way!”
e: “Can we at least include both options? Let the players choose how to play?”
b: “That goes against our vision for Halo. We cant’ let them do that!”

> 2533274837720524;3:
> I no longer have high expectations with 343. Pre-Halo 5 I loved them, backed them on almost everything. Now with the launch of what I believe is the worst Halo game ever, I can no longer do that. Halo 5 doesn’t even feel like Halo anymore, and it’s quite depressing.
> Now I know people will argue with me in this, but I could care less. Go back and play the campaigns and matchmaking for CE-4, and you’ll see what I mean. Halo 5 is just completely different in almost every way.

That’s exactly what 343 was trying to do. Halo needed a change, or else it wouldn’t be able to keep up with other shooters. I agree that they should have done some things differently, although they did a great job overall.

Honestly, they busted out content and updates pretty fast with Halo 5. Three weeks in and we got a pretty big update (regardless of the Forge maps), as well as tuning like making SWAT have a 3 second respawn timer among other things They even patched the campaign troubles caused with the last update pretty quickly. MCC was overall a complete and utter disappointment on 343’s part, largely in-part to how the communication was between them and their customers and the ridiculously long time between updates. It was rough, but so far I don’t see history repeating itself with Halo 5. They have been really informative with future updates (December we will see another one), and I just get the feeling they are firing on more than a single cylinder this time. Here’s hoping for the best.

> 2654577101795508;6:
> Honestly, they busted out content and updates pretty fast with Halo 5. Three weeks in and we got a pretty big update (regardless of the Forge maps), as well as tuning like making SWAT have a 3 second respawn timer among other things They even patched the campaign troubles caused with the last update pretty quickly. MCC was overall a complete and utter disappointment on 343’s part, largely in-part to how the communication was between them and their customers and the ridiculously long time between updates. It was rough, but so far I don’t see history repeating itself with Halo 5. They have been really informative with future updates (December we will see another one), and I just get the feeling they are firing on more than a single cylinder this time. Here’s hoping for the best.

I agree completely. They have been doing a great job so far.

As for all of the complainers. I say this to you.
What a lot of people don’t understand is that even is something seems like it should be an easy fix it isn’t. Some solutions to a problem can cause even more problems at times so solving problems in a video game with the amount of coding that Halo has will take time to find a solution that won’t cause problems in other places.

It could be much worse. Just look at Destiny. It took Bungie two months to even acknowledge that there were problems in the game and once they finally did something the game changed but didn’t get any better. Take the weapons for example. Bungie didn’t want everyone using auto rifles so they reduced the damage of them and beefed everything else. In the end auto rifles couldn’t do anything for a whole year, and even after the taken king release where the auto rifle’s damage was buffed they still get outclassed by everything. This was Bungie’s mindset for a whole year. Now tell me, would you still like to have Bungie running Halo when they work like that.

> 2533274824790279;1:
> Ive just come to realize maybe I had to high expectations for 343 to live up to. With the pro team and all you wouldn’t think there would be an aiming issue you know. My expectations were high… I guess when it comes to 343 you haft to lower your expectations because 343i just isn’t that good. :frowning:

And this is the problem with the community and the reason why scores are falling for games. The games have gotten better over the years yes, but the communities expectations are rising faster than the games possible can meet them and keep up.

We live in a world where the major games have millions of players. Its hard for a company to appease all of those players, and the problem stems from the fact that most people nowadays seems to think that their opinion and expectations are the only ones that matter and get pissed off when they aren’t met. These are the people that are hurting the gaming industry and cause games to fail.