When is it okay to quit a match? Arena

People give up too easily nowadays.
Once a team is a few kills behind, people start quitting.

I don’t quit.
In up to 3 or 4 slayer matches, I’ve been the only one left in my team running around as I’m hunted by enemies.

There was a time, we were one player short from the beginning and we were close to 10 kills behind; we still caught up with them and won.

Is there a time when it’s okay to quit?

Quitting is never okay, even if your team is losing. That is why you get punished if you do.

The only time I quit is if the game is all laggy. Which rarely happens or if most the others have already quit. But I mostly play ffa so quitters don’t bother me. Quitters actually make the game better in ffa as the game plays better with like six players anyways. But team wise players should only quit if you do get to that 50% of the team already quit mark. But players quitting out at the first sign of a loss are why I most stay away from team playlist. Some one told me they may not be quitting they could just be dropping. I would believe that if practically every time it’s the losing team that loses players.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> Quitting is never okay, even if your team is losing. That is why you get punished if you do.

I thought so as well.
What is the punishment for quitting?
perhaps the punishment is not enough, hence quitting so?

> 2535447452656740;4:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > Quitting is never okay, even if your team is losing. That is why you get punished if you do.
>
> I thought so as well.
> What is the punishment for quitting?
> perhaps the punishment is not enough, hence quitting so?

Quit one too many times and you get banned. First offence is less than ten minutes but continue to quit afterwards and the ban length increases. There is a cool down period, however. I think it resets after 24 hours.

> 2535447452656740;4:
> > 2533274809226598;2:
> > Quitting is never okay, even if your team is losing. That is why you get punished if you do.
>
> I thought so as well.
> What is the punishment for quitting?
> perhaps the punishment is not enough, hence quitting so?

My signature has a link to the quit rules and ban times. It’s pretty lenient if you ask me.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2535447452656740;4:
> > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > Quitting is never okay, even if your team is losing. That is why you get punished if you do.
> >
> > I thought so as well.
> > What is the punishment for quitting?
> > perhaps the punishment is not enough, hence quitting so?
>
> My signature has a link to the quit rules and ban times. It’s pretty lenient if you ask me.

Link in your signature is for MCC. Is it the same for halo 5?
it’s soooo lenient!

> 2535447452656740;1:
> People give up too easily nowadays.
> Once a team is a few kills behind, people start quitting.
>
> I don’t quit.
> In up to 3 or 4 slayer matches, I’ve been the only one left in my team running around as I’m hunted by enemies.
>
> There was a time, we were one player short from the beginning and we were close to 10 kills behind; we still caught up with them and won.
>
> Is there a time when it’s okay to quit?

Absolutely. If it’s a complete mis-match, it’s okay to quit. If your team is betraying, AFK, or 50% quit out, it’s okay to quit.

Quitting in a 4 v 4 or 3 v 4 situation though with nobody on your team AFK is not okay though.

> 2535447452656740;7:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > 2535447452656740;4:
> > > > 2533274809226598;2:
> > > > Quitting is never okay, even if your team is losing. That is why you get punished if you do.
> > >
> > > I thought so as well.
> > > What is the punishment for quitting?
> > > perhaps the punishment is not enough, hence quitting so?
> >
> > My signature has a link to the quit rules and ban times. It’s pretty lenient if you ask me.
>
> Link in your signature is for MCC. Is it the same for halo 5?
> it’s soooo lenient!

I think they are but I am not sure on that. It’s been awhile since I played H5.

> 2535447452656740;1:
> People give up too easily nowadays.
> Once a team is a few kills behind, people start quitting.
>
> I don’t quit.
> In up to 3 or 4 slayer matches, I’ve been the only one left in my team running around as I’m hunted by enemies.
>
> There was a time, we were one player short from the beginning and we were close to 10 kills behind; we still caught up with them and won.
>
> Is there a time when it’s okay to quit?

If you quit in a ranked game after someone else on your team has already quit, you don’t get any additional penalty (quit ban) and you only drop the same CSR you would have if you finished the game and lost.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> > 2535447452656740;7:
> > Link in your signature is for MCC. Is it the same for halo 5?
>
> I think they are but I am not sure on that. It’s been awhile since I played H5.

Two different systems. H5 is a lot more strict than MCC with bans.

> 2727626560040591;11:
> > 2533274816788253;9:
> > > 2535447452656740;7:
> > > Link in your signature is for MCC. Is it the same for halo 5?
> >
> > I think they are but I am not sure on that. It’s been awhile since I played H5.
>
> Two different systems. H5 is a lot more strict than MCC with bans.

Ok, I wasn’t sure … It’s probably been well over a year now since I have even played H5.

In most cases, I wouldn’t quit unless it’s a 2v4 or 1v4. But if it’s a 1v4 and your down significantly and don’t quit, your just wasting everyone’s time.

It’s never worth quitting. But if there was a time I’d say when the rest or your team has quit. A 1v4 isn’t fun for you or the other team at all.

if it’s ranked you don’t lose anymore CSR after the first person on your team quits so no point in dragging it the full match length. I will say it’s funny when the other team doesn’t try to pad their stats killing you and you start bagging with them

I guess its okay to quit if you have to do stuff IRL. Other than that, just play the match.

There should be a mark of shame medal automatically given to a quitter and maybe also your nameplate is changed to the mark of shame (you cannot change it) for a few hours to show everyone that you are a serial quitter.

> 2533274818084099;15:
> I guess its okay to quit if you have to do stuff IRL. Other than that, just play the match.
>
> There should be a mark of shame medal automatically given to a quitter and maybe also your nameplate is changed to the mark of shame (you cannot change it) for a few hours to show everyone that you are a serial quitter.

That would be interesting!