When is 343 actually going to make something themselves?

When is 343 going to actually make something themselves? Now don’t mistake me as a flat out hater or anything but I am quite annoyed by their actions. They have made 0 games or maps as a company and people think they are going to “Save Halo”?

I have been longing for them to make a map pack or something so I can see what they are like but they just won’t do it. Now They aren’t even making the Halo CE: Anniversary? They are paying Certain affinity to do that too? Seriously you need to give us a taste of what you guys can do. Because until I see you in action I will not become a
“fan”.

I love the halo series and am fine with there being a new maker but I’m scared since you have made nothing as a company before.

Anyways what I am trying to say is you really need to make a map pack or something so we can get a taste of what you are like.

Umm… they made the Defiant map pack didn’t they? And just wait for CEA and Halo 4.

1. Actually read the post before posting

2. No, Certain Affinity made it

Also like I said in the post CErtain Affinity is making CEA.

1. I spending $60 just to see what a company is like? (for Halo 4) I think not.

> Umm… they made the Defiant map pack didn’t they? And just wait for CEA and Halo 4.

Soon.

> 1. Actually read the post before posting
>
> 2. No, Certain Affinity made it
>
> Also like I said in the post CErtain Affinity is making CEA.
>
> 3. I spending $60 just to see what a company is like? (for Halo 4) I think not.
>
>
>
> > Umm… they made the Defiant map pack didn’t they? And just wait for CEA and Halo 4.

I thought that Certain Affinity made one comp. and firefight map, and 343 made the other. Plus it’s not like they completely left us in the dark, some of their staff is made up of former Bungie. They are all people who have either participated in the creation of, or have grown up playing Halo, and they all know what Halo fans are expecting. Plus Halo 4 is 343’s first REAL big break. I don’t think that 343 is going to drop the ball on that game and they are definitely listening to our suggestions as I see bs angel wandering the forums quite often. I bet they are putting their fair share of work into Halo 4. Plus if you don’t want to spend the $60 to buy Halo 4 then rent it first and then see if you want to buy it or not. I however think that 343 has great promise and I will probably be one of the first people in line to buy CEA and Halo 4.

> When is 343 going to actually make something themselves?

343’s internal team is making Halo 4. They made that quite clear in this episode of the 343 sparkast.

> I spending $60 just to see what a company is like? (for Halo 4) I think not.

So, you never buy any game made by a new studio? Even a studio made up of as many industry veterans as 343? You’re acting a little ignorant here. Halo is Microsoft’s most important franchise. Do you think they’re going to hand development of the next major Halo title over to a group of rookies?

I don’t need a taste of anything, I know it will be great. Have a little faith.

Have you ever been to a fancy four star restaurant ? There’s a whole bunch of chefs in the back but only one usually has his name on the sign out front. That chef rarely cooks the meal your served, he’s there to make sure the other chefs cook to his standards for you.

If 343i makes something in house I don’t see it being any different than the other high quality games that others have made for them. If there is any difference I’m sure it will be even better experience than the others.

Alright some of you in this thread don’t seem to have you facts straight let me clarify them for you. There aren’t many previous Bungie workers working for 343 now. It is in reality only about 2-3 including Frankie. (Who is just a community guy)

Also I never said 343 is not making Halo 4, I only said what they haven’t and are not going to make for H

No, I am not ignorant for refusing to buy a game from a company that has never even made a map pack for any game before. (Let alone a real game) Sure some of them have experience making games before but that doesn’t mean anything. I would have to have a lot of people tell me it is good before I buy it for $60. (Or maybe I’d rent it… It really depends on if I think it is worth it.)

But 343 is ignorant to believe everyone who likes halo is automatically going to start loving them now that they are making it. They need to show what they can do some how so we can ahve a taste what they are like.

Finally, All of you who said “I know this game will be awesome” need to stop the butt-kissing. It is completely ignorant to say a game is going to be awesome when it is from a company who has made 0 games/add ons to games. Also Saying they are all “Veterans” at making video games is ignorant. We do not know who many of the 343 workers really are. (Video games take a lot of people to create)

P.S specifically @call911uneedhelp - They have never actually even payed a company to make a game for them yet. Of course they are paying Certain Affinity to make CEA but that doesn’t mean anything. Why?

1. All they are doing is copying and pasting what Bungie originally made.

2. A company terrible at making games can easily pay a good company to make the game for them. so just because they can pay another company to make good games for them doesn’t mean they them selves are good. Example: I can pay Kobe Bryant to play basketball for me but that does not mean I am good at playing basketball.

> > When is 343 going to actually make something themselves?
>
> 343’s internal team is making Halo 4. They made that quite clear in this episode of the 343 sparkast.
>
>
>
> > I spending $60 just to see what a company is like? (for Halo 4) I think not.
>
> So, you never buy any game made by a new studio? Even a studio made up of as many industry veterans as 343? You’re acting a little ignorant here. Halo is Microsoft’s most important franchise. Do you think they’re going to hand development of the next major Halo title over to a group of rookies?

In this day and age, video games aren’t made by just one company anymore. There are lots of companies involved that get hired to do certain stuff. And while 343i haven’t really created anything themselves, they at least have shown that they know who to go to in order to get high-quality stuff done. The maps made by Certain Affinity for the Defiant map pack are the best maps in all of Reach.

Your basket ball analogy fails.

I don’t care who makes any halo game in the end because I know the Halo name has always brought me enjoyment under it’s name. To think 343i would let some subpar game out is ludicrous, why would they ever flush the halo name down the toilet with a game that wasn’t top notch? They wouldn’t, it’s not in their best interest to offer anything but the best.

> When is 343 going to actually make something themselves? Now don’t mistake me as a flat out hater or anything but I am quite annoyed by their actions. They have made 0 games or maps as a company and people think they are going to “Save Halo”?
>
> I have been longing for them to make a map pack or something so I can see what they are like but they just won’t do it. Now They aren’t even making the Halo CE: Anniversary? They are paying Certain affinity to do that too? Seriously you need to give us a taste of what you guys can do. Because until I see you in action I will not become a
> “fan”.
>
>
> I love the halo series and am fine with there being a new maker but I’m scared since you have made nothing as a company before.
>
>
> Anyways what I am trying to say is you really need to make a map pack or something so we can get a taste of what you are like.

you’re wrong about CEA. certain affinity made the MP map remakes and Sabre interactive created the new graphics engine. everything else is made by 343. and 343 is making Halo 4.

I am rooting for 343 & hoping they breathe new life into the Halo series. I think the folks over at Bungie were getting a little too full of themselves.

> I will probably be one of the first people in line to buy CEA and Halo 4.

Ah, but will you be the first Spartan in line? coolface :smiley:

> There aren’t many previous Bungie workers working for 343 now. It is in reality only about 2-3 including Frankie.

Oh? And how many “Bungie guys” worked on all of the Halo games? I would guess that it was very few who were regulars. They hired a large group of video game technicians and artists to make the games, so in effect it was likely the same as what is going on over at 343. What 343 has going for them is that many of their employees are Halo fans. While the paycheck is nice, I would wager that many of them are more devoted to making a good Halo game rather than just a game. 343’s focus - if I have understood this - is Halo, after all.

You are assuming almost all the workers have been halo fans. When in reality you don’t know if that is true or not.

> > I will probably be one of the first people in line to buy CEA and Halo 4.
>
> Ah, but will you be the first Spartan in line? coolface :smiley:
>
>
>
> > There aren’t many previous Bungie workers working for 343 now. It is in reality only about 2-3 including Frankie.
>
> Oh? And how many “Bungie guys” worked on all of the Halo games? I would guess that it was very few who were regulars. They hired a large group of video game technicians and artists to make the games, so in effect it was likely the same as what is going on over at 343. What 343 has going for them is that many of their employees are Halo fans. While the paycheck is nice, I would wager that many of them are more devoted to making a good Halo game rather than just a game. 343’s focus - if I have understood this - is Halo, after all.

You’re right, I don’t. But 343 has been pressing their involvement and interest in the Halo Universe ever since their conception, so it’s the best we’ve got to go off. I’m sure there will be some techy who isn’t crazy about Halo, and just worries about the game code working a certain way, but the people who are deciding what matters regarding the Halo universe - aesthetics, canon, etc - are most likely as big of fans of Halo as we are.

So maybe not EVERYONE at 343i is a Halo fan, but I’m sure most of them are, and those that aren’t are devoted to making games like someone said… In my opinion, most people get into video games bc they love PLAYING video games, and if they love playing video games, of course they’re going to try their hardest to make the best Halo possible if that’s the project they’re working on. Even if they weren’t die hard Halo fans to begin with. That’s my opinion. So I have faith in 343i and I’m sure once we get more insight on H4, everyone else (well, most everyone) will have faith in them too. I mean, 343i was created specifically for Halo, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/343_Industries So the key words here I’m thinking is “…oversee development”. I believe that is pretty self-explanatory. It also seems logical to me that 343i would be made up of fans of Halo. On their page that is set up for people seeking jobs with the company it reads, “…be a part of Halo history”. For that reason alone, I would think those looking to be hired would have seen this and decided they wanted to be involved because of it.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/343_Industries So the key words here I’m thinking is “…oversee development”. I believe that is pretty self-explanatory. It also seems logical to me that 343i would be made up of fans of Halo. On their page that is set up for people seeking jobs with the company it reads, “…be a part of Halo history”. For that reason alone, I would think those looking to be hired would have seen this and decided they wanted to be involved because of it.

That’s exactly what I mean. 343i are basically like the CEO of a company; they don’t do most of the work themselves, they tell other people what to do (at least for now). And I think that’s totally fine.

Keep in mind that was a Wikipedia article, likely written before 343 started (co?)developing games.

Saber interactive is doing CEA :wink:
Certain Affinity is making the last Mappack for Reach, wich is coming with CEA.