When does your MCC pre download unlock?

When you look on the store at the MCC it says in the description the time and date that your game will be playable.

Mine says;

XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 11/11/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 00:01 AEDT ON THE RELEASE DATE.

What’s interesting here is that is says the 11th and I’m from the UK, where it’s supposed to release on the 14th. So either it’s a mistake or this date does not apply to digital copys.
Another point of interest is the time zone for the unlock, AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time), which would put the game at actually unlocking at around 2pm on the 10th UK time. This leads me to believe it’s probably a mistake.

Anyway, what does yours say?

They changed the date to the 11th for Europe with a few exceptions.
I noticed that there are two versions on the store (US). One had the AEDT time but the one that was purchasable had the US release time of 12:01am EST. Maybe your seeing the duplicate version

I’ve got 12:01am EST for when mine is suppose to unlock but I live in Seattle so I’m wondering if it will unlock for me at 12:01am EST (9:00pm here) or if it will at 12:01am PST.

> 2551369610336916;2:
> They changed the date to the 11th for Europe with a few exceptions.
> I noticed that there are two versions on the store (US). One had the AEDT time but the one that was purchasable had the US release time of 12:01am EST. Maybe your seeing the duplicate version

Really?
The 11th for Europe is fantastic news.

You are right though, I just checked and the actual purchasable bundle says 12:01 AM EST.

Destiny unlocked at 12:01 AM BST (UK time) for me so I’m going to assume MCC will follow suit.

> 2533274810780916;4:
> > 2551369610336916;2:
> > They changed the date to the 11th for Europe with a few exceptions.
> > I noticed that there are two versions on the store (US). One had the AEDT time but the one that was purchasable had the US release time of 12:01am EST. Maybe your seeing the duplicate version
>
>
> Really?
> The 11th for Europe is fantastic news.
>
> You are right though, I just checked and the actual purchasable bundle says 12:01 AM EST.
>
> Destiny unlocked at 12:01 AM BST (UK time) for me so I’m going to assume MCC will follow suit.

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-halo-gone-gold-announcement

I would assume the same.

> 2716903703786127;3:
> I’ve got 12:01am EST for when mine is suppose to unlock but I live in Seattle so I’m wondering if it will unlock for me at 12:01am EST (9:00pm here) or if it will at 12:01am PST.

Hey I live is Seattle too! Forza Horizon 2 had the same release time. It was available at 9:01pm PST (There were issues with it not unlocking for alot of people though).

I sure hope that is the case! Either way, I will be up when it unlocks and playing the -Yoink- out of this wonderfulness

Is there a way to pre-load it in Canada on xbox.com without being forced to enter an American credit card?

EDIT I figured it out.

I have a question. One version of the game says it won’t be available until 00:01 AEDT Australian Eastern Daylight Time, but you can’t pre-order this one. The other says 12:01 EST and is available for pre-order/download. I’m on the East Coast of the US. By buying one digital version of the other is there anyway I would be able to play earlier or is that just wishful thinking? I know others have changed their timezones to New Zealand time and purchased a game off of their marketplace to access it early digitally. Will this work? Or is 12EST on the 11th the official digital release time worldwide, and not what Bungie did with Destiny where it would unlock once it was Sep.9th somewhere in the world. Any insight would be appreciated.

When I first purchased it, it told me the game would unlock at 12:01AM EST but after purchase, it says 12:01AM AEDT.

> 2533274813061580;9:
> When I first purchased it, it told me the game would unlock at 12:01AM EST but after purchase, it says 12:01AM AEDT.

Yeh it’s a little wierd, the pre order bundle said EST and the actual game says AEDT.

I see this changing to BST in the future for the UK store.