When Does This Canonically Take Place?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

When Does This Canonically Take Place?
Probably Not Know Yet But Dropped Theories/Speculation Below!
Check Out My Live Reaction To The Halo Wars 2 Teaser Trailer! :smiley:
<mark>[REDACTED]</mark>

They said it continued the story… that and the spirit of fire’s appearance in escalation probably puts around the same time as halo 5

Maybe or it take place after halo 5 and red team might be in halo 6

I was thinking somewhere in the present Halo universe, it’s likely seeing as most of the crew was in cryo sleep only the few who were still awake to manage the ship would have aged about 20-27 years, making my precise guess to be in between the years 2550 and 2558. If the picture in Halo Escalation is at the same year the comic is happening in, which it probably is, then it may be happening in between those years, as it says in this article:
During the 27-year period, and despite the measures imposed by the Chief Medical Officer O’Neil, at least one Flood infection form managed to infiltrate the ship. In 2558, the Spirit of Fire had reached an unknown multiple star system and drifted near a terrestrial planet.

Source-http://www.halopedia.org/UNSC_Spirit_of_Fire

Now we have no confirmation that the flood infection form infected anyone but we don’t know that yet. At first I was thinking Red Team was trying to escape the flood on the SoF but wouldn’t they try to take as much of the crew with them? Or maybe they did and were separated by the brute. (Just random guesses at the story) To me, a reasonable time period for the events of HW2 to take place in would be 2550-2558 but most likely 2558.

Ah I See, So We’ll Most Likely See The Return Of The Flood Also?

Maybe We Can Also See The Rest Of The Scattered Prophets Making An Uprising With The Brutes? (The Only Reason I Say Prophets Is For Multiplayer Gameplay Purposes)

Didn’t they show an infection form on the ship in Halo Escalation issue # 6.

Shouldn’t they all be dead by now? What’s with a Brute doing here?

Seems to me like they cannot keep an eye on their own canon, and are pulling another Bungie Reach retcon.

> 2533274795628186;7:
> Didn’t they show an infection form on the ship in Halo Escalation issue # 6.
>
> Shouldn’t they all be dead by now? What’s with a Brute doing here?
>
> Seems to me like they cannot keep an eye on their own canon, and are pulling another Bungie Reach retcon.

Oh By All Means 343i Knows What They Are Doing Canonically They Are Canon Freaks And Brutes Are Still Alive And Some Still Hate Humans And Maybe It Leads Up To Escalation O.o

I’m pretty sure the story takes place right after the events of Halo Wars 1? That would mean it takes place wayyyyyy before Halo 5 (still 20 or so years prior to Halo CE).

> 2533274794648158;9:
> I’m pretty sure the story takes place right after the events of Halo Wars 1? That would mean it takes place wayyyyyy before Halo 5 (still 20 or so years prior to Halo CE).

But The New Gravity Hammer Has To Be From The Future T.T

The trailer was super vague. I’ve no idea when and where it takes place or if the Spirit of Fire will even be involved at all.

But I’m excited as all hell to find out!

My guess is prior to March 2558, since that was when Infinity was attacked with the SoF ordinance. My guess is that that is when this game starts, when the NCA and that Covenant faction raid the ship, they take the crew.

Or maybe the flood and Serina woke them up, and the brute thing takes place after? Who knows, we still have over a year until it launches.

While it is way too early to really form solid theories I will give it a shot anyway. In Halo Escalation Issue 6 we see the cryopods of the Spirit of Fire empty the crew of the ship having abandoned ship, we then see a single Flood infection form crawl by. With the Halo Wars 2 announcement teaser we see Red Team in combat with Brutes.

Assuming that the game takes place in the modern Halo universe then my theory is that somehow the Flood stored away on the ship, forced the crew to land on some planet under control of a Prophet/Brute faction still enemies to humanity. Throughout the game the crew will be fighting this faction and later on in the game the Flood crash on the planet from the Spirit of Fire and soon start to spread creating a three-way war that the Halo games are known for.

Just my very early and rather baseless theory.

But the flood hiding in the ship for 30 years to finally come out in 2558 don’t make sense.

Your all forgetting the Legendary ending of HW1 where Serena wakes Cutter up saying that they have a problem. She is a smart AI. 7 years operating time. So she is still fully operational.

Meaning that the crew abandoned the Spirit of Fire really early after they left the shield world. There were probably to much flood and Serena was cut off from the Engines. Preventing her from scuttling the ship, causing it to stay adrift through space for almost 30 years.

The spirit’s crew either found a former UNSC colony, outpost, derelict space station/ starship that is over run by brutes. For you see UNSC markings in the facility that you see on the trialer. Most likely former UNSC planet for your going to have large ground battles.

How the rest of the story goes. Going to have to wait for the game to come out

still before halo 1

> 2533274825022855;13:
> While it is way too early to really form solid theories I will give it a shot anyway. In Halo Escalation Issue 6 we see the cryopods of the Spirit of Fire empty the crew of the ship having abandoned ship, we then see a single Flood infection form crawl by. With the Halo Wars 2 announcement teaser we see Red Team in combat with Brutes.
>
> Assuming that the game takes place in the modern Halo universe then my theory is that somehow the Flood stored away on the ship, forced the crew to land on some planet under control of a Prophet/Brute faction still enemies to humanity. Throughout the game the crew will be fighting this faction and later on in the game the Flood crash on the planet from the Spirit of Fire and soon start to spread creating a three-way war that the Halo games are known for.
>
> Just my very early and rather baseless theory.

Woah That’s Actually The Most Plausible Theory I’ve Heard Yet!

> 2533274803137071;14:
> But the flood hiding in the ship for 30 years to finally come out in 2558 don’t make sense.
>
> Your all forgetting the Legendary ending of HW1 where Serena wakes Cutter up saying that they have a problem. She is a smart AI. 7 years operating time. So she is still fully operational.
>
> Meaning that the crew abandoned the Spirit of Fire really early after they left the shield world. There were probably to much flood and Serena was cut off from the Engines. Preventing her from scuttling the ship, causing it to stay adrift through space for almost 30 years.
>
> The spirit’s crew either found a former UNSC colony, outpost, derelict space station/ starship that is over run by brutes. For you see UNSC markings in the facility that you see on the trialer. Most likely former UNSC planet for your going to have large ground battles.
>
> How the rest of the story goes. Going to have to wait for the game to come out

Isn’t Serena Coming Up On Rampancy? And Would It Make Sense For The Brute To Have A Gravity Hammer Variant That We Haven’t Seen Before?

> 2533274947876607;17:
> > 2533274803137071;14:
> > But the flood hiding in the ship for 30 years to finally come out in 2558 don’t make sense.
> >
> > Your all forgetting the Legendary ending of HW1 where Serena wakes Cutter up saying that they have a problem. She is a smart AI. 7 years operating time. So she is still fully operational.
> >
> > Meaning that the crew abandoned the Spirit of Fire really early after they left the shield world. There were probably to much flood and Serena was cut off from the Engines. Preventing her from scuttling the ship, causing it to stay adrift through space for almost 30 years.
> >
> > The spirit’s crew either found a former UNSC colony, outpost, derelict space station/ starship that is over run by brutes. For you see UNSC markings in the facility that you see on the trialer. Most likely former UNSC planet for your going to have large ground battles.
> >
> > How the rest of the story goes. Going to have to wait for the game to come out
>
>
> Isn’t Serena Coming Up On Rampancy? And Would It Make Sense For The Brute To Have A Gravity Hammer Variant That We Haven’t Seen Before?

1: Could you please stop capitalizing every first letter? This is an interesting subject I want to participate in but this style of writing really puts me off.

2: The trailer never had Serina, while it may be true she would enter rampancy at some point. The game itself doesn’t necessarily take place immediately after HW, even in regards to the Legendary Ending. Maybe the ending is the start of her Rampancy? That’s might be what’s happening.

So, if the game doesn’t happen immediately after the Legendary Ending, it’ll be later.

See, we don’t know where it takes place. It’s a UNSC object for sure, but it may as well be a ground facility. The Legendary Ending could very well be the Flood forcing everyone to evacuate to a nearby planet, where they’d build bases of course.

Then we have the fact that Mr: B calls Red Team, Demons, a phrase not officially coined until 2535 by Thel, the Arbiter of present Halo time, when he saw Jai for the first time, demon being one of the insults.

Second thing, the red plasma on the Mace weapon. As far as I’m aware at this moment, Brutes didn’t really use Plasma weapons until the Schism, seeing as the red plasma rifle was designed for the brutes when Truth planned to take over the Covenant. Which alone could potentially put the game post-schism time.

Furthermore, considering Lord Hood was contemplating the SoF’s fate, would mean it’s not well known, or if the ship used in the attack supposedly from SoF was even an original one and not a tempered ship. Could very well be that HW2 starts around the time of present Halo, with some sort of back story what has happened in the roughly 25 years since they last were seen.

Wonder if Halo wars 2 will have forge world…

i think that the brute we saw is the new leader of the brutes. And that after getting their hides kicked by the elites and being abandoned by the prophets, that the brutes are now doing their own thing. Maybe we’ll see more of the brutes take on their own personality apart from the covenant. I’m sticking with the post halo wars, present day universe idea. Hey maybe the brutes recovered some of their original technology… I mean it does say in one of the books Contact Harvest, that the brutes were a space fairing hi tec race that was even on par with the covenant till war had reduced the brutes back to the Stone Age. And it was because of the warring nature of the brutes was a huge reason why they never got along with the elites. Brutes equaled to barbaric warriors, elites were like samurai in a sense.

any how, my idea is that the brutes are doing their own thing. We will get to see elites waging war against the brutes as well as humans. And we may get to see a return of Sansyrum only not like we think or remember them. In the book broken circle we see that the prophets had a home world and that their people there were way more advanced then the covenant. So maybe the crew of SoF had abandoned ship onto the home world of the prophets… Maybe the people there find away or a cure for the flood through nanotechnology… Idk

still I’m not sure what they are going to do. During forerunner times, the prophets and humans were allies against the flood and the forerunners, in fact they were such a threat that the forerunners had to wipe out the prophets or Sansyrum from very existence because they were such a threat. Maybe we get to see them return as a threat again…

idk they have a lot of places they can take HW2

> 2533274795123910;18:
> > 2533274947876607;17:
> > > 2533274803137071;14:
> > > But the flood hiding in the ship for 30 years to finally come out in 2558 don’t make sense.
> > > Your all forgetting the Legendary ending of HW1 where Serena wakes Cutter up saying that they have a problem. She is a smart AI. 7 years operating time. So she is still fully operational.
> > > Meaning that the crew abandoned the Spirit of Fire really early after they left the shield world. There were probably to much flood and Serena was cut off from the Engines. Preventing her from scuttling the ship, causing it to stay adrift through space for almost 30 years.
> > > The spirit’s crew either found a former UNSC colony, outpost, derelict space station/ starship that is over run by brutes. For you see UNSC markings in the facility that you see on the trialer. Most likely former UNSC planet for your going to have large ground battles.
> > > How the rest of the story goes. Going to have to wait for the game to come out
> >
> >
> > Isn’t Serena Coming Up On Rampancy? And Would It Make Sense For The Brute To Have A Gravity Hammer Variant That We Haven’t Seen Before?
>
>
> 1: Could you please stop capitalizing every first letter? This is an interesting subject I want to participate in but this style of writing really puts me off.
> 2: The trailer never had Serina, while it may be true she would enter rampancy at some point. The game itself doesn’t necessarily take place immediately after HW, even in regards to the Legendary Ending. Maybe the ending is the start of her Rampancy? That’s might be what’s happening.
> So, if the game doesn’t happen immediately after the Legendary Ending, it’ll be later.
> See, we don’t know where it takes place. It’s a UNSC object for sure, but it may as well be a ground facility. The Legendary Ending could very well be the Flood forcing everyone to evacuate to a nearby planet, where they’d build bases of course.
> Then we have the fact that Mr: B calls Red Team, Demons, a phrase not officially coined until 2535 by Thel, the Arbiter of present Halo time, when he saw Jai for the first time, demon being one of the insults.
> Second thing, the red plasma on the Mace weapon. As far as I’m aware at this moment, Brutes didn’t really use Plasma weapons until the Schism, seeing as the red plasma rifle was designed for the brutes when Truth planned to take over the Covenant. Which alone could potentially put the game post-schism time.
> Furthermore, considering Lord Hood was contemplating the SoF’s fate, would mean it’s not well known, or if the ship used in the attack supposedly from SoF was even an original one and not a tempered ship. Could very well be that HW2 starts around the time of present Halo, with some sort of back story what has happened in the roughly 25 years since they last were seen.

1) Well if your talking about the the ships used in the Rebel attack against the Infinity on Escalation. That is easy to answer, the serial numbers of the craft were hacked into the registry. We know because of Spartan Strike and Assault that Falcons and Vultures where still in use and manufactured by the UNSC after Halo 3. Seeing as the man leading the attack was a high ranking officer who knew about the SoF deeply.
It wouldn’t have been hard to acquire the hardware where ever he got it, Possibly from one of the many abandoned UNSC colonies stated in Halo Fleet Battles. It wouldn’t have been much of a issue to transfer those craft serial numbers into the SoF roster in order to bait Hood into thinking the SoF was found and it’s equipment used
2) with the Legendary ending. I have to say it happened around 0-5 years after Halo Wars. 5 year basically pushing it for people are seemingly being in on Serina being around 3 years old by the time Halo Wars was happening, if not older. So this is the time period we will see the SoF crew abandoning ship.
3) You have a point about the demon reference

> “Brother 'Crolunee, rejoice, for the green monster is no more, banished by the righteous might of our forces. My Needler has never had truer aim. Each shard unerringly found its mark across the field of battle. Why, even now, the Unggoy make sport with the green abomination’s helmet.”
> — Ustaf 'Nbekee.

This was from the Halo Wars sight way back when leading to release when the sight used to have data logs. The Covenant Still refereed spartans as just Green Monsters during the time of 2531. So having this game take place around 2535 at minimum seems best
4) I have a hard time seeing this game Being around the Halo event at least. Seeing that at minimum the crew should have been out of cryo for 20 years, Douglas’s face just seemed far to young when he was being dragged. Even with the Chieftain using plasma on his mace.
So I’m going to have to say with the Demon phrase being used. this game should fall under 4 - 7 years after the Halo Wars event. that is where I’m going to plant my flag at. For the term Demon was in use, and we Serina was still active when the ship was abandoned, and you know that is when the game is going to start. If not earlier for no way flood forms are going to wait around for years without trying to infect people