When does 343i gain control of Reach?

Topic.

Also, when they do, will they have control of EVERYTHING?

Like TUs, banhammer (resets, bans) and other things.

July is Bungie’s last month with Halo. After that, 343i gets it all.

> July is Bungie’s last month with Halo. After that, 343i gets it all.

So they control the banhammer, matchmaking updates, and title updates as well?

Yeah, so lets hope they care.

> Yeah, so lets hope they care.

> July is Bungie’s last month with Halo. After that, 343i gets it all.

Tear The end of an era. :frowning: They weren’t perfect (no one can be), but they were -Yoink!- good. Is this official? I haven’t been up to date with the Bungie updates for months.

EDIT: It’s official, in less than a month Bungie are done with Halo and focusing completely on “future endeavours”.
Bungie Weekly Update 06/03/11

July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.

> July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.

I can’t help but feel that the B.Net members will retaliate…

> July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.

No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).

> July is Bungie’s last month with Halo. After that, 343i gets it all.

Bungie Day to be precise, is when Bungie says its farewell to the Halo Universe. (7/7)

> > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
>
> No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).

They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.

Good riddance. 343i couldn’t -Yoink- the franchise up more if they tried.

> > > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
> >
> > No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).
>
> They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.
>
> Good riddance. 343i couldn’t Yoink! the franchise up more if they tried.

You really should be careful what you say, because you may just eat your words. Bungie has had 10 years of experience, and 343 has had none as far as Halo support goes. We could easily go from decent to bad; you simply have your unappreciative goggles on, so you can’t see this. Also, the only reason Bungie hasn’t “fixed” Reach is because they’ve been aware of this “changing of hats” since before Reach’s launch. The next few years of Halo have been carefully planned for years. Bungie couldn’t make the changes because of this timeline, but they couldn’t explain that because Microsoft and 343 probably wanted their plans to be secret. Hence, it looks like Bungie simply doesn’t care. Trust me, if you’ve been with them even since Halo 3, you know that’s simply not the case. Be more appreciative.

> > > > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
> > >
> > > No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).
> >
> > They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.
> >
> > Good riddance. 343i couldn’t Yoink! the franchise up more if they tried.
>
> You really should be careful what you say, because you may just eat your words. Bungie has had 10 years of experience, and 343 has had none as far as Halo support goes. We could easily go from decent to bad; you simply have your unappreciative goggles on, so you can’t see this. Also, the only reason Bungie hasn’t “fixed” Reach is because they’ve been aware of this “changing of hats” since before Reach’s launch. The next few years of Halo have been carefully planned for years. Bungie couldn’t make the changes because of this timeline, but they couldn’t explain that because Microsoft and 343 probably wanted their plans to be secret. Hence, it looks like Bungie simply doesn’t care. Trust me, if you’ve been with them even since Halo 3, you know that’s simply not the case. Be more appreciative.

Didn’t half the 343 staff work with bungie for Halo 1 and 2 though?

> > > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
> >
> > No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).
>
> They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.
>
> Good riddance. 343i couldn’t Yoink! the franchise up more if they tried.

If that’s your attitude towards game devs, I just don’t know what to say. No person, company or game will ever be perfect. Just remember the good times and let it go.

> br />
> Didn’t half the 343 staff work with bungie for Halo 1 and 2 though?

I would like to know the answer to that question as well, if so Halo 4 will probably be awesome.

> You really should be careful what you say, because you may just eat your words. Bungie has had 10 years of experience, and 343 has had none as far as Halo support goes.

343i is filled with former Bungie employees, a.k.a. guys that were around for CE and H2. I think they can handle themselves.

> We could easily go from decent to bad

Reach is a bad game. A very fixable bad game, but a bad game.

> you simply have your unappreciative goggles on, so you can’t see this. Also, the only reason Bungie hasn’t “fixed” Reach is because they’ve been aware of this “changing of hats” since before Reach’s launch.

So they said ‘-Yoink- em’ about the community, figuring 343i will just clean up in x amount of months, instead of putting forth the MONUMENTAL effort of going into basic forge and changing weapons around, which would help make maps like Countdown and Reflection playable for once. Better maps = better experience = AA’s becoming less disruptive = less anger in the community.

> The next few years of Halo have been carefully planned for years. Bungie couldn’t make the changes because of this timeline, but they couldn’t explain that because Microsoft and 343 probably wanted their plans to be secret.

So spending less than an hour a day to un-cluster -Yoink- the default maps and plug them into one of the many unproductive updates was out of the question? They can’t do everything, so they do nothing? Lol okay.

> Hence, it looks like Bungie simply doesn’t care. Trust me, if you’ve been with them even since Halo 3, you know that’s simply not the case. Be more appreciative.

They don’t want to admit just how much they -Yoink- the bed with Reach. Whether they care about issue x or not revolves entirely around whether it interferes with the sloggy gameplay they created.

> > > > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
> > >
> > > No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).
> >
> > They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.
> >
> > Good riddance. 343i couldn’t Yoink! the franchise up more if they tried.
>
> If that’s your attitude towards game devs, I just don’t know what to say. No person, company or game will ever be perfect. Just remember the good times and let it go.

No one is askign for perfection. All we ask is that they build upon the previous games, not constantly tear down what worked and reinvent the wheel.

Its common sense bungie lost over the years.

> > > > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
> > >
> > > No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).
> >
> > They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.
> >
> > Good riddance. 343i couldn’t Yoink! the franchise up more if they tried.
>
> If that’s your attitude towards game devs, I just don’t know what to say. No person, company or game will ever be perfect. Just remember the good times and let it go.

No-one is perfect. We understand this, but Bungie tried to turn Halo into something it’s not in-order to appease the casual crowd. People don’t like that they did this.

> No-one is perfect. We understand this, but Bungie tried to turn Halo into something it’s not in-order to appease the casual crowd. People don’t like that they did this.

Halo already worked fine for the casual crowd. Bungie giving up its rights to Halo screams that Bungie was ready to move on and get away from Halo. I think it is that attitude that made Reach a bad Halo game. They wanted to make a game unlike what they are known for, so they did.

> > > > July 7th, Bungie hands it over. Thank god. Can’t wait for July 8th when I can legitimately post my mock goodbye thread, thanking them for catering to the tweeners and trying to rip off CoD.
> > >
> > > No need to be bitter. Even if they did make mistakes towards the end, they are top class developers who have provided lots of fun and enjoyment for people over the years, along with great community support (besides addressing Reach).
> >
> > They’ve had turnover over the years. An attack on the apes who came up with Reach’s gameplay is not an attack on the people who make Halo CE or Halo 2. Their stubborn refusal to actually fix the things that were so blatantly wrong with Reach, and just dance around the issues by shuffling playlists, introducing three new ones every month, and focusing all their attention on campaign boosters and FF AFKers, only hurts their credibility further.
> >
> > Good riddance. 343i couldn’t Yoink! the franchise up more if they tried.
>
> You really should be careful what you say, because you may just eat your words. Bungie has had 10 years of experience, and 343 has had none as far as Halo support goes. We could easily go from decent to bad; you simply have your unappreciative goggles on, so you can’t see this. Also, the only reason Bungie hasn’t “fixed” Reach is because they’ve been aware of this “changing of hats” since before Reach’s launch. The next few years of Halo have been carefully planned for years. Bungie couldn’t make the changes because of this timeline, but they couldn’t explain that because Microsoft and 343 probably wanted their plans to be secret. Hence, it looks like Bungie simply doesn’t care. Trust me, if you’ve been with them even since Halo 3, you know that’s simply not the case. Be more appreciative.

all 343 has to do to ‘do better’ than bungie is actually do ANYTHING regarding FIXING halo reach. bungie has done nothing, so they havent set the bar high at all. it would be simple to surpass bungie in this regard.

bungie has taken the powerhouse of skill gaps in halo 1, and 2, and driven them straight into the ground of casual land with halo 3 and halo reach.

i agree. good riddance. they can make good games, they’d just rather make games for casual kiddies who like to fly jet packs around and sit in armor lock till their team saves them rather than play a serious FPS game that actually takes some semblance of skill.