When do you think we'll get a Halo 6 teaser?

So, 2017 has pretty much come and gone, and we got zero info on Halo 6. In the next few months, we’ll be getting events such as GDC in March and E3 in June. When do you think we’ll get a Halo 6 teaser and/or 1st info on the game? I think probably E3, with a small chance, if not very unlikely that we’ll see it a GDC. What do you think?

At the very least E3, but I’m just hoping for something.

GDC is an industry conference, so there’s no chance of anything there.

My best guess is E3 in June with delivery in 2019. Hopefully, they won’t rush something half-baked out the door.

> 2533274862181038;3:
> GDC is an industry conference, so there’s no chance of anything there.
>
> My best guess is E3 in June with delivery in 2019. Hopefully, they won’t rush something half-baked out the door.

I agree, hopefully they’re given enough time this time around.

> 2533274862181038;3:
> GDC is an industry conference, so there’s no chance of anything there.
>
> My best guess is E3 in June with delivery in 2019. Hopefully, they won’t rush something half-baked out the door.

It’s also a place where they talk about what’s going on, and what’s happening. Likely they’ll be some sort of mention about Halo 6, but definitely nothing drastic or major.

I also don’t get why so many people are adopting this “2019” figure. Halo 6 hasn’t even had a release date, and if we go off by the 3 year development time for main Halo games it’s likely going to be releasing in 2018, not 2019, or 2020 for that matter.

After all, they’ve been working on Halo 6 since 2014-2015 essentially. They got extremely luckly with Halo 5’s release date to because they easily had extra time for themselves as well to get the entire team working on Halo 6 instead of just half of it before Halo 5 even released. Soo…yeah. I’d expect a 2018 release date, or maybe a early 2019 release date. All in all, it depends on what Microsoft ends up doing, and if they end up doing what they did with Halo 5’s story…then I sadly expect a 2019 release date then.

> 2533274887581216;5:
> > 2533274862181038;3:
> > GDC is an industry conference, so there’s no chance of anything there.
> >
> > My best guess is E3 in June with delivery in 2019. Hopefully, they won’t rush something half-baked out the door.
>
> It’s also a place where they talk about what’s going on, and what’s happening. Likely they’ll be some sort of mention about Halo 6, but definitely nothing drastic or major.
>
> I also don’t get why so many people are adopting this “2019” figure. Halo 6 hasn’t even had a release date, and if we go off by the 3 year development time for main Halo games it’s likely going to be releasing in 2018, not 2019, or 2020 for that matter.
>
> After all, they’ve been working on Halo 6 since 2014-2015 essentially. They got extremely luckly with Halo 5’s release date to because they easily had extra time for themselves as well to get the entire team working on Halo 6 instead of just half of it before Halo 5 even released. Soo…yeah. I’d expect a 2018 release date, or maybe a early 2019 release date. All in all, it depends on what Microsoft ends up doing, and if they end up doing what they did with Halo 5’s story…then I sadly expect a 2019 release date then.

I strongly doubt it, as GDC is primarily an industry-facing event. 343 won’t even confirm the existence of Halo 6 and will likely stay coy until the main reveal at E3 where it will generate the greatest effect.

Halo 5 wasn’t released until the end of 2015 with content updates through 2016. Additionally, as far as I can determine, there’s been vacancies and churn in significant studio positions, so 2019 seems plausible and, frankly, more responsible.

Ultimately, however, it comes down to how desperate Microsoft is to sell consoles and I don’t think PUBG and Crackdown 3 will carry the day through 2018, thus my concern about yet another premature release.

Time will tell.

I’m expecting a 2018 teaser and a late 2020 release.

If we don’t get anything at E3, then I doubt it will be a 2018 release.

> 2727626560040591;8:
> If we don’t get anything at E3, then I doubt it will be a 2018 release.

We might get a teaser, announcing a 2019 release.

E3, but I wish sooner

“Whenever they’re ready” is the best answer I can give you.

When that is I have no idea.

> 2535437652903765;11:
> “Whenever they’re ready” is the best answer I can give you.
>
> When that is I have no idea.

I think there’ll be a teaser at E3 2018, announcement for release in fall 2019. We’ll get a little bit of info in the following months and a beta in late 2018. At E3 2019, we’ll get a full-blown presentation, and then the game will release in late October-early November 2019.

E3 my bet is on.
They might try the bethesda method and announce on the year of launch or more likely it’ll be a teaser followed by a beta at the end of the year before release in 2019.

I really hope its a 2019 release since i believe H5 was rushed out so another year of development would be golden for H6.

> 2533274862181038;6:
> > 2533274887581216;5:
> > > 2533274862181038;3:
> > >
>
> I strongly doubt it, as GDC is primarily an industry-facing event. 343 won’t even confirm the existence of Halo 6 and will likely stay coy until the main reveal at E3 where it will generate the greatest effect.
>
> Halo 5 wasn’t released until the end of 2015 with content updates through 2016. Additionally, as far as I can determine, there’s been vacancies and churn in significant studio positions, so 2019 seems plausible and, frankly, more responsible.
>
> Ultimately, however, it comes down to how desperate Microsoft is to sell consoles and I don’t think PUBG and Crackdown 3 will carry the day through 2018, thus my concern about yet another premature release.

As I already stated, GDC has been the event for a couple of games confirmations along with other leaks and game lore over-all. I’m not saying it will happen, I’m saying it could in fact happen, with the official trailer coming out at E3.

Halo 5 had content updates due to the REQ packs they added in. They were originally all going to be DLC maps previously, but from the massive amount of money the REQ packs made them they decided to make it all free/ add in REQ packs which also allowed you to get said armor pieces and so on immediately VIA paying for it with money or REQ points.

In other words, as already stated, along with a head start on developing Halo 6 to begin with, I’d largely expect a release date to be 2018. The only reason Halo 5’s story ended up being so bad was essentially because Microsoft scrapped the entirety of Halo 5’s original story around 2014 and forced 343 to remake it.
Notice how the multiplayer is pretty much finished, along with the multiplayer 99% of the time being the 2nd thing to develop for, not the 1st. So, if what happens to Halo 5 happens to Halo 6, then I’d expect a 2019 release date because I’m pretty sure Microsoft doesn’t want another terrible Halo story.

Halo 5 released at the end of 2015 being a finished game. Sure there wasn’t as many game types in the beginning, but overtime those game types increased in popularity and we have what we got now. Also, the only vacancies that has really happened is the absence of voice’s, which can be made a lot quicker then that of a new map or how the game it-self works.
You also seem to forget that Halo 6 was made off of the foundation that is Halo 5, in other words I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of Halo 5 content made it into Halo 6 in the process. Other points being the fact that the game was largely finished by the time they started development of it over-all, not needing to create a brand new engine from scratch because they made the Halo 5 engine to be very flexible. Only reason they stopped updates to Halo 5 was because the Halo 5 engine also started to become unstable, with the only way of them being able to fix it is by changing the game it-self, something they can’t exactly do without -Yoinking- off a lot of people because “another 5gb update”

> 2533274826317859;13:
> E3 my bet is on.
> They might try the bethesda method and announce on the year of launch or more likely it’ll be a teaser followed by a beta at the end of the year before release in 2019.
>
> I really hope its a 2019 release since i believe H5 was rushed out so another year of development would be golden for H6.

Halo 5 wasn’t rushed. It’s literally a perfect game.
The campaign is what suffered because Microsoft forced 343 to remake the entire campaign along with force this Locke character down there throats around 2014, with such a character never existing previously. If it wasn’t for Microsoft’s actions, Halo 5 would’ve been the next Halo 3 easily.

If I had to guess it’ll probably be at E3 2018. We will get something. They can’t keep us in the dark forever.

I think we’ll get a little something in 2019 with a 2019 release date. If anything- 2020 will most definitely be the year.

> 2533274887581216;15:
> > 2533274826317859;13:
> > E3 my bet is on.
> > They might try the bethesda method and announce on the year of launch or more likely it’ll be a teaser followed by a beta at the end of the year before release in 2019.
> >
> > I really hope its a 2019 release since i believe H5 was rushed out so another year of development would be golden for H6.
>
> Halo 5 wasn’t rushed. It’s literally a perfect game.
> The campaign is what suffered because Microsoft forced 343 to remake the entire campaign along with force this Locke character down there throats around 2014, with such a character never existing previously. If it wasn’t for Microsoft’s actions, Halo 5 would’ve been the next Halo 3 easily.

Let’s not get carried away, it’s good but far from perfect. And It probably was rushed because of -Yoink!-.

With the lack of Beta and Halo 5 HSC continuing through to December next year, I don’t think we will see Halo 6 arriving in 2018. I’m going to agree with everyone else here and say that the E3 2018 teaser with 2019 release theory is the most likely.
Although they could pull a Fallout 4 and announce at E3 (release beta at E3) and release the game just before Christmas.

Either way, I reckon our first real look into Halo 6 will be at E3.

Edit: I’ve gun did do myself a confuse, HSC ends in April, not December. So launch may be next year?? (Still not expecting it though).

> 2533274882881665;19:
> Either way, I reckon our first real look into Halo 6 will be at E3.

I’m looking forward to it!