When do you think Halo 6 will release?

So to the big question, when will Halo 6 release? To be honest, I’m still enjoying Halo 5 and thus I don’t really feel the need for another installment at the moment. The esport scene is still going strong with more and more players joining the competition and with all the balancing, refinements - among new partnerships (MLG); it would be a shame to start it all over in Halo 6. Thus, I think the multiplayer component in H6 will have the same foundations as H5 with some smaller adjustments made to the mechanics (and level design), as well as improved graphics (FOV). Because the only real problem Halo 5 has, is the moderate amount of maps being divided in each mode (Arena, Warzone, BTB), making it feel like a smaller amount (if you only play arena, per say).In a way, the fewer more fleshed out maps holds it’s grounds as they contain so many little secrets and pathways, but you do still encounter the feeling of repetitiveness. I get that importing maps from older games, is not as easy as it sounds, with the new mechanics (climber) making the map design take a hit. Taking time to alter each map with the new mechanics in H5/H6 must be a chore, but it would be welcome and greatly appreciated by the community.

Seeing how the roadmap for Halo WC ends in April 2018, it could indicate a beta or release window is planned for H6 in the fall of 2018. Keep in mind that the H5 multiplayer beta was scheduled nine months before it’s release, but then again, coming from the broken launch of TMCC, they couldn’t afford to make a mistake. If I’m correct, in that they keep the foundations of H5, I think the game will release this fall. If I’m wrong, they probably want to secure a solid launch and initiate a multiplayer beta (much like before), or stay in the shadows until final showing (at E3), to keep the mystery going.

Do you want Master Chief to wake up this year, or would you rather wait until 2019? And what do you think will happen?

I think 2019 is more realistic then 2018 for a release.

Its pretty likely we’ll get a trailer or teaser this year at E3 or something of that sort. And Halo 6 will come out next year. But in my opinion the longer we wait the better.

> 2533274813608090;1:
> To be honest, I’m still enjoying Halo 5 and thus I don’t really feel the need for another installment at the moment.

Same here

> 2533274813608090;1:
> The esport scene is still going strong with more and more players joining the competition and with all the balancing, refinements - among new partnerships (MLG); it would be a shame to start it all over in Halo 6. Thus, I think the multiplayer component in H6 will have the same foundations as H5 with some smaller adjustments made to the mechanics (and level design), as well as improved graphics (FOV).

Not sure what exactly you mean by “the same foundations”, but I really don’t think whatever’s happening in esports should dictate the whole entire design of Halo 6’s multiplayer. I think Halo multiplayer should be designed around things like what the overall community wants, principles like “easy to learn, hard to master” and competitive balancing. Esports really shouldn’t be much of a consideration at a development level. I’m sure those nerds who make a life out of playing Halo competitively will be just fine if they have to adjust to some new mechanics. They have probably done that before.

> 2533274813608090;1:
> Because the only real problem Halo 5 has, is the moderate amount of maps being divided in each mode (Arena, Warzone, BTB), making it feel like a smaller amount (if you only play arena, per say).

Actually, Halo 5 has plenty of other real problems besides that. But I see your point and I would also appreciate them taking the time to make old maps work with new mechanics, if Halo 6 is going to have those.

> 2533274813608090;1:
> Do you want Master Chief to wake up this year, or would you rather wait until 2019? And what do you think will happen?

I want Master Chief to wake up when Halo 6 is fully completed and ready to be launched, no matter how long it takes 343 to do that. Like I said, I’m still enjoying Halo 5, so Halo 6 can happen whenever. And what do I think will happen? I don’t even know. But I really hope they don’t rush it.

> 2535408730995228;2:
> I think 2019 is more realistic then 2018 for a release.

This is my prediction as well. I’m thinking November 2019 more specifically, but I think Halo 6 could even be released in 2020.

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2533274813608090;1:
> > The esport scene is still going strong with more and more players joining the competition and with all the balancing, refinements - among new partnerships (MLG); it would be a shame to start it all over in Halo 6. Thus, I think the multiplayer component in H6 will have the same foundations as H5 with some smaller adjustments made to the mechanics (and level design), as well as improved graphics (FOV).
>
> Not sure what exactly you mean by “the same foundations”, but I really don’t think whatever’s happening in esports should dictate the whole entire design of Halo 6’s multiplayer. I think Halo multiplayer should be designed around things like what the overall community wants, principles like “easy to learn, hard to master” and competitive balancing. Esports really shouldn’t be much of a consideration at a development level. I’m sure those nerds who make a life out of playing Halo competitively will be just fine if they have to adjust to some new mechanics. They have probably done that before.

If I say Overwatch was designed for Esports, and it’s one of the most accessible shooters as well as having a high skill-curve. I’m not saying everybody wants to play competitive but the foundations that brings, such as the balance that everybody can enjoy. Halo 5 multiplayer has gone through many alterations since it’s origin and is pretty much as balanced as you can get it. In my opinion, they nailed it with Halo 5, apart from the campaign, the gameplay is a triumph. I don’t see the problem of using the foundations of Halo 5 multiplayer as a starting point?

> 2533274904158628;4:
> > 2533274813608090;1:
> > Do you want Master Chief to wake up this year, or would you rather wait until 2019? And what do you think will happen?
>
> I want Master Chief to wake up when Halo 6 is fully completed and ready to be launched, no matter how long it takes 343 to do that. Like I said, I’m still enjoying Halo 5, so Halo 6 can happen whenever. And what do I think will happen? I don’t even know. But I really hope they don’t rush i

Yeah, I loved the campaign in Halo 4 and I hope they can turn the tables around. Seeing how Cortana is the villain, it makes me cringe a little.

-Halo 6 Teaser Trailer at E3 2018.
-Halo 6 announcement trailer towards the end of 2018 with Beta announcement.
-Halo 6 Beta early 2019.
-Halo 6 Campaign trailer with official release date at E3 2019
-Halo 6 release date: Fall 2019

Just my guess anyways

2019??? I don’t think Halo 5 could survive another year tbh. With the population already super low there are better games going to release this fall that will absolutely kill Halo 5 for good. I think they will have to release this year or else there’s gonna be a year of dry halo 5 with super long matchmaking times. I mean for sure they won’t be making any money for the rest of the year if they do decide to wait.

Potentially could be a bit longer if they’re taking fan opinion into consideration because of most people calling for the more classic style of halo. My guess is we’ll get a trailer at E3 2018, another look at E3 2019, then a game release in late 2019.

Teaser at E3 2018, with hint of release time period. Either this fall, or Fall (September or October) 2019.
Beta in the summer this year, or this winter for next year’s release.
Or full CGI trailer announcement at E3, including release date and Beta dates. Beta in the summer. September or October release this year.

We waited five years for Halo 4. We can wait another year for Halo 6 if necessary. Sure we had Reach and ODST between 3 and 4. But this is about main installments, not spin offs. I want 343 to take all the time they need to have a fully polished game with as much content as financially viable at launch. If they take too long, they risk loosing some or all of their investment. So 2018, if its a game that has a great level of completeness, I’ll be okay with it. If its 2019, same thing. 2020? Not realistic.

> 2533274813608090;6:
> If I say Overwatch was designed for Esports, and it’s one of the most accessible shooters as well as having a high skill-curve. I’m not saying everybody wants to play competitive but the foundations that brings, such as the balance that everybody can enjoy. Halo 5 multiplayer has gone through many alterations since it’s origin and is pretty much as balanced as you can get it. In my opinion, they nailed it with Halo 5, apart from the campaign, the gameplay is a triumph. I don’t see the problem of using the foundations of Halo 5 multiplayer as a starting point?

Yeah, I’m saying design it around competitive balancing but also make it accessible. The esports scene will naturally form around that.

> 2533274805386380;10:
> Sure we had Reach and ODST between 3 and 4. But this is about main installments, not spin offs.

Reach was a main installment…

probably late 2019

> 2533274904158628;11:
> > 2533274813608090;6:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533274805386380;10:
> > Sure we had Reach and ODST between 3 and 4. But this is about main installments, not spin offs.
>
> Reach was a main installment…

Reach was a prequel, not a continuation of Halo 3. True, you can say its not quite a spin off. It’s still not one of the primary Chief games.

> 2533274822252224;8:
> 2019??? I don’t think Halo 5 could survive another year tbh. With the population already super low there are better games going to release this fall that will absolutely kill Halo 5 for good. I think they will have to release this year or else there’s gonna be a year of dry halo 5 with super long matchmaking times. I mean for sure they won’t be making any money for the rest of the year if they do decide to wait.

343 said no halo 5 this year,they will probably bank on fixing the Mcc and then just ride that for a year and a half until fall 2029 which is when halo 6 will most likely release

> 2533274805386380;13:
> Reach was a prequel, not a continuation of Halo 3. True, you can say its not quite a spin off. It’s still not one of the primary Chief games.

The way I see it, we had a main installment in 2007, another one in 2010 (which happened to be a prequel), and another one in 2012. Not that I’m disagreeing with your overall point. I think they should take all the time they need to make Halo 6 perfect

I don’t think we will see an announcement until they know the game is ready, after a few delays and even cancellations of their first party games Xbox don’t want to mess up their main title. So that could mean E3 2018 with a release this year or maybe even early next year, or E3 2019 with a release then or early 2020.

Honestly, all we know is ‘eventually’ but I don’t believe they will follow the traditional schedule an and announce a year and a half before the release, Halo just isn’t that big anymore to keep the hype train for anyone more than dedicated fans; condense the hype and everyone will buy at launch. But hey, I’ve been wrong with my pessimism before I could be wrong again with this. I just wish it were releasing this year (maybe we’ll get a spinoff)

> 2533274904158628;15:
> > 2533274805386380;13:
> > Reach was a prequel, not a continuation of Halo 3. True, you can say its not quite a spin off. It’s still not one of the primary Chief games.
>
> The way I see it, we had a main installment in 2007, another one in 2010 (which happened to be a prequel), and another one in 2012. Not that I’m disagreeing with your overall point. I think they should take all the time they need to make Halo 6 perfect

Yep. Agreed.

I could possibly see them releasing a teaser of some sorts during the finals in Seattle, then an official announcement at E3 with the game coming out in late 2019.

I think between 2018-2020