When do we get more FREE content?

I can’t wait for more FREE Forge maps, FREE map remixes, and FREE reskins of existing items in the game.

I like the FREE Forge maps most of all. In past games, we didn’t pay for Forge maps, but no one ever highlighted that they were FREE to us. When it is pointed out that 343i is graciously delivering FREE Forge maps, it really makes you see how thankful you should be.

More complaints yaayyyyy!!!
Are complaints free too? You didn’t specify. I’d rather not pay for things online in digital places.

And how much does it cost?

Go complain elsewhere. Nobody here cares.

Would you like some cheese with that whine? They were just showcasing the power of forge with those maps. Future maps (which you can see some previews of if you took 5 seconds to read the news section) will be actuall new maps that aren’t made in forge. Still though, why bother complaining about free content? Will you not be satisfied until 343 hands you a $100 bill as thanks for honouring the game with your presence?

> 2533274800315955;1:
> I can’t wait for more FREE Forge maps, FREE map remixes, and FREE reskins of existing items in the game.
>
> I like the FREE Forge maps most of all. In past games, we didn’t pay for Forge maps, but no one ever highlighted that they were FREE to us. When it is pointed out that 343i is graciously delivering FREE Forge maps, it really makes you see how thankful you should be.

kinda have to agree with you…343 is being very lazy with their “free” content…just sayin.

nothing in this world is ever truly free

> 2533274839434069;5:
> Would you like some cheese with that whine? They were just showcasing the power of forge with those maps. Future maps (which you can see some previews of if you took 5 seconds to read the news section) will be actuall new maps that aren’t made in forge. Still though, why bother complaining about free content? Will you not be satisfied until 343 hands you a $100 bill as thanks for honouring the game with your presence?

Two of the new maps are Forge map. One is a remix that modifies geometry of an existing map. One is a Warzone map that reuses existing Warzone assets.

> 2533274800315955;8:
> > 2533274839434069;5:
> > Would you like some cheese with that whine? They were just showcasing the power of forge with those maps. Future maps (which you can see some previews of if you took 5 seconds to read the news section) will be actuall new maps that aren’t made in forge. Still though, why bother complaining about free content? Will you not be satisfied until 343 hands you a $100 bill as thanks for honouring the game with your presence?
>
>
> Two of the new maps are Forge map. One is a remix that modifies geometry of an existing map. One is a Warzone map that reuses existing Warzone assets.

Gasp! reusing assets?!?!? How dare 343 do what all games do. Every new map should have 100% new assets, your armor should look completely different on each map and the weapons should have unique skins specific to that map! Sounds should be different too! I know I am disgusted that my BR makes the same sound on every map!

> 2533274806689453;9:
> > 2533274800315955;8:
> > > 2533274839434069;5:
> > > Would you like some cheese with that whine? They were just showcasing the power of forge with those maps. Future maps (which you can see some previews of if you took 5 seconds to read the news section) will be actuall new maps that aren’t made in forge. Still though, why bother complaining about free content? Will you not be satisfied until 343 hands you a $100 bill as thanks for honouring the game with your presence?
> >
> >
> > Two of the new maps are Forge map. One is a remix that modifies geometry of an existing map. One is a Warzone map that reuses existing Warzone assets.
>
>
> Gasp! reusing assets?!?!? How dare 343 do what all games do. Every new map should have 100% new assets, your armor should look completely different on each map and the weapons should have unique skins specific to that map! Sounds should be different too! I know I am disgusted that my BR makes the same sound on every map!

343i’s Spartan IV training regimen appears to solely consist of defending Garages, Armories, Fortresses, and Spires.

If you didn’t get enough Garage action before, you’re going to get double the Garage action on the new Warzone map!

Agreed

> 2533275021804951;6:
> > 2533274800315955;1:
> > I can’t wait for more FREE Forge maps, FREE map remixes, and FREE reskins of existing items in the game.
> >
> > I like the FREE Forge maps most of all. In past games, we didn’t pay for Forge maps, but no one ever highlighted that they were FREE to us. When it is pointed out that 343i is graciously delivering FREE Forge maps, it really makes you see how thankful you should be.
>
>
> kinda have to agree with you…343 is being very lazy with their “free” content…just sayin.

Ikr, they keep releasing it late into the month, by time it releases, the month will already be over or nearly

I thought it was good manners not to complain when someone gives you free stuff, Forge I understand if you complain because that naturally comes with the game regardless of when it releases anyway.

> 2533274904245048;13:
> I thought it was good manners not to complain when someone gives you free stuff, Forge I understand if you complain because that naturally comes with the game regardless of when it releases anyway.

Unless they’re giving us completely new maps, weapons, vehicles, and armor then it’s not “free content”.

Forge maps don’t count as “new” or “free” since we’ve never had to pay for Forge maps to begin with. The Warzone map counts.

The “new” REQs we’re getting aren’t really “new” if they’re just different skins for the weapons/vehicles we already have, with the exclusion of the CE pistol and classic rocket launcher. The rockets are debatable since they’ve been in every game before and left out of this one for some reason.

If we’re getting armor, then that does count as something new as long as it isn’t a different variant/skin of an armor set we already have.

The game came with very few original maps to begin with. A large portion of the maps in the game are either “remixes” or Forge maps. We were led to believe that we’d be given a large number of free original DLC maps to make up for this.

Instead, we’re being given FREE Forge maps. Forge maps have ALWAYS been free. 343i is acting like they’re doing us a favor when it turns out they’ve figured out a way to produce shovelware “DLC.”

> 2533274814289862;14:
> > 2533274904245048;13:
> > I thought it was good manners not to complain when someone gives you free stuff, Forge I understand if you complain because that naturally comes with the game regardless of when it releases anyway.
>
>
> Unless they’re giving us completely new maps, weapons, vehicles, and armor then it’s not “free content”.
>
> Forge maps don’t count as “new” or “free” since we’ve never had to pay for Forge maps to begin with. The Warzone map counts.
>
> The “new” REQs we’re getting aren’t really “new” if they’re just different skins for the weapons/vehicles we already have, with the exclusion of the CE pistol and classic rocket launcher. The rockets are debatable since they’ve been in every game before and left out of this one for some reason.
>
> If we’re getting armor, then that does count as something new as long as it isn’t a different variant/skin of an armor set we already have.

Oh! So, that was 343i’s mistake! They should have asked YOU what “counts” as free content. You really should be clearer about this sort of thing. They aren’t mind-readers, you know. Communication is key. Come on, “Illusive Mang,” you have to talk to your ignorant, lazy subordinates or you can’t be surprised when they don’t live up to your exceedingly important, personal standards!

/s

> 2533274890584596;16:
> > 2533274814289862;14:
> > > 2533274904245048;13:
> > > I thought it was good manners not to complain when someone gives you free stuff, Forge I understand if you complain because that naturally comes with the game regardless of when it releases anyway.
> >
> >
> > Unless they’re giving us completely new maps, weapons, vehicles, and armor then it’s not “free content”.
> >
> > Forge maps don’t count as “new” or “free” since we’ve never had to pay for Forge maps to begin with. The Warzone map counts.
> >
> > The “new” REQs we’re getting aren’t really “new” if they’re just different skins for the weapons/vehicles we already have, with the exclusion of the CE pistol and classic rocket launcher. The rockets are debatable since they’ve been in every game before and left out of this one for some reason.
> >
> > If we’re getting armor, then that does count as something new as long as it isn’t a different variant/skin of an armor set we already have.
>
>
> Oh! So, that was 343i’s mistake! They should have asked YOU what “counts” as free content. You really should be clearer about this sort of thing. They aren’t mind-readers, you know. Communication is key. Come on, “Illusive Mang,” you have to talk to your ignorant, lazy subordinates or you can’t be surprised when they don’t live up to your exceedingly important, personal standards!
>
> /s

Sorry, but we shouldn’t be ok with 343 giving us stuff we already have claiming it’s “new” and “free”.

Forge maps have always been free. Remixed maps are the same maps we already have, just with some stuff moved around and a different time of day. Reskinned armor/weapons/vehicles are exactly that, different skins of items we already have.

Halo shipped with 15 “official” Arena maps.

7 of the 15 are Forge maps. 2 of the 15 are “remix” maps, which brings the total of fully original maps to 6.

The first DLC included four “maps,” all of which were built in Forge.
The second DLC will include two Forge maps and one remix.

We’re now at 13 Forge maps, three remixes, and six original maps.

Almost 73% of Halo 5’s Arena maps are made using recycled content.

The satire is real bro.

I for one think that the new content will be great, and I can’t wait to jump into the new Warzone Map. The Battle of Noctus looks sweet, as well as the overgrowth; and new BTB maps? Sweet! (I’m tired of Deadlock… that map is a nightmare for me) Can’t wait to Forge and start getting into more custom games.

> 2533274961306591;19:
> The satire is real bro.
>
> I for one think that the new content will be great, and I can’t wait to jump into the new Warzone Map. The Battle of Noctus looks sweet, as well as the overgrowth; and new BTB maps? Sweet! (I’m tired of Deadlock… that map is a nightmare for me) Can’t wait to Forge and start getting into more custom games.

Unless you want to play Infection, Assault, King of the Hill, Oddball, or Juggernaut.