When are you a "high rank"?

I was wondering at what point do most people consider you to be a high rank on Halo Reach. Obviously there is no right or wrong answer, but I want to get an idea of the general consensus

Since this pertains to rank. As an Inheritor I consider a low rank anything below Field Marshal, Field Marshal is what I call the “lowest of the highest”.

I would have to agree with Peculiar Angel ^. Field Marshall is when the ranks start getting fictitious, even though Field Marshall is a legit military rank. After it comes Hero, Legend, Mythic, etc.

I also agree with Field Marshall, as that’s when it just seems to take forever to rank up imo
I felt proud of myself for getting there, but you guys are calling it the ‘lowest of the highest’ xD
At least I tried, haha.

> 2533274903406057;2:
> Since this pertains to rank. As an Inheritor I consider a low rank anything below Field Marshal, Field Marshal is what I call the “lowest of the highest”.

Congratulations on being an Inheritor anyway - tips fedora to Peculiar Angel

> 2533274857717019;5:
> > 2533274903406057;2:
> > Since this pertains to rank. As an Inheritor I consider a low rank anything below Field Marshal, Field Marshal is what I call the “lowest of the highest”.
>
>
> Congratulations on being an Inheritor anyway - tips fedora to Peculiar Angel

Triggered top kek I was the first inheritor m888

I’m a high rank then, that’s a relief. Miles away from Inheritor though damn

Were you actually the first inheritor?

With Reach’s rank system being more RPG-based, it’s hard to say anyone is really high rank. All it really says, is that you played more than other people.

> 2603643534586909;9:
> With Reach’s rank system being more RPG-based, it’s hard to say anyone is really high rank. All it really says, is that you played more than other people.

That’s the awesome part, devotion to this game and your tenure on it gets you benefits (nameplate, flames, high ranking, etc). If an individual cares about that stuff… In which many that I’ve seen, do.

> 2535450916494853;8:
> Were you actually the first inheritor?

No haha.

I call people low rank when they are still on UNSC ranks, get to hero/legend and then I think you are one of the higher ranks.

The ranking system does not reflect ones skill whatsoever compared to Halo 3.

> 2533274816808393;12:
> The ranking system does not reflect ones skill whatsoever compared to Halo 3.

More Tenure = More rank/More experience in Reach =Avg skill increase.

Numbers don’t track skill to the perfect point, but if one cares they may drop down to Halo tracker and whatnot.

This thread pertains nothing to the trend of rank to skill.

personally i think its lieutenant or captain

> 2533274903406057;10:
> > 2535450916494853;8:
> > Were you actually the first inheritor?
>
>
> No haha.

I can’t remember, was it cloudspider, or XxSAVIORS0ULxX (or whatever his name was)?

> 2533274857717019;15:
> > 2533274903406057;10:
> > > 2535450916494853;8:
> > > Were you actually the first inheritor?
> >
> >
> > No haha.
>
>
> I can’t remember, was it cloudspider, or XxSAVIORS0ULxX (or whatever his name was)?

Saviorsoul was the first player to reach inheritor and the first inheritor to be reseted for firefight AFK.

On topic.

Considering the fact that this is a 5 years old game and that the cr system is only based on play-time, I would say that “high” ranks start from forerunner.

However ranks on Reach mean nothing considering that you can potentially rank up to inheritor without playing a single game.

Do you guys have any tips on how to rank up easily, I’m only a Corporal since I just got the game.

i would say about what, noob (that thing when you are under recruit) to about lt colnel or commander i would say is low rank, commander/lt colonel - field marshal med ranks (i am colonel grade 1) and then field marshal-inheritor i would consider high rank.

> 2535456835514165;17:
> Do you guys have any tips on how to rank up easily, I’m only a Corporal since I just got the game.

yeah, play well and get tons of xp, also use a DMR because its 11 cr for a headshot and only 4 cr for a kill so yeah.

Thanks