When are they fixing the CSR?

I haven’t even bothered touching Arena because of the broken rank system. Just wondering when it will be fixed?

To anyone that thinks it’s not broken, explain these stats/ranks. I’d post the pics but i don’t know how to. But this is just one of many examples.

These are all in the swat playlist -

4wins, 99k/130d/26a, -2.2kda - Diamond 1
4wins, 109k/101d/9a, 1.1kda - Onyx 1500
6wins, 129k/92d/16a, 4.2kda - Diamond 1

How does that even make sense, especially since the second lot of stats are worse than the third, yet got a better rank.

Nobody else think this is an issue then?

Well my Issue is :

Swat,

Overall K/D of 1,8 at the Rating, won 8/10 Games , Platinum 1 , friend of me before , 8/10 Games, similiar KD , Onyx …

I sometimes just wonder how the Ranking works … , like … what’s there to look out for? Do i maybe move wrong or something?^^

My Swat csr is diamond 1… Yet i really suck at it. Makes me feel better about my ineptitude. so for a while until it’s fixed… I feel like I’m really good at being mediocre. Lol.

Well i did not play as many games as you did , but still , i played arena team won less games and had a worse kd and was ranked diamond, the thing is , i just don’t understand how the ranking works =)

I am playing with 3 Buddies, and we even though one was worse than another he got the higher ranking … so something seems amiss

Rankings mean nothing to me. War zone taking the place of legitimately good modes is the big problem.

I think as more player get into the arena we will see more accurate numbers, it seems to be based off the other players so you may be that much better then those who have played that particular type but the swat and FFA seem to yield a large number of onyx players so i agree it might be bugged but on slayer i got platinum 1 and feel its accurate .

The accounts that did worse and placed better probably faced higher rated people in their matches. You aren’t accounting for all the variables, you are just taking raw numbers out of context. That isn’t how ranking works.

I got placed in all Platinum and Gold with similar stats to you lol, I think it also takes the ranks of everyone in the game into account so if you play higher ranked opponents you get a better rating. The annoying thing about getting a low placement if that you have to grind up through wins to reach Onyx.

I don’t know how much stock to put into my CSR at this point. I’m having a hard time getting above Gold 2 as I’m struggling to consistently win games. I tend to come near the top of the leaderboard most games, whether it’s slayer or an objective based game, but we might still lose. So I’m struggling to advance.

Is progression based solely on W/L?

> 2533274828339225;10:
> I don’t know how much stock to put into my CSR at this point. I’m having a hard time getting above Gold 2 as I’m struggling to consistently win games. I tend to come near the top of the leaderboard most games, whether it’s slayer or an objective based game, but we might still lose. So I’m struggling to advance.
>
> Is progression based solely on W/L?

after inital placement yeah it is

Progression is solely w/l in a CSR system.

As the game is new there will be a few skewed results, give it a couple months and everything ill be moree accurate.

This ranking system is vastly superior to all the halo games before, it look like it too SC2 as inspiration

Basically it just depends on winning against higher csr apponents. If one player wins 10 games against say silver rank players and another player wins 10 games against onyx ranked players the one who faved the onyx rank players will rank higher.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Ranking isn’t broken, you’re just stupid. Once you get placed into a ranking tier (Gold, Plat, Diamond, etc.) based on 10 games, you can only go up or down based on wins. All you KD losers don’t matter. Getting snipes won’t rank you up, you need to win games.

The only number that really affect it is the W/L. K/d is only 1%. The more you win the better ranking, then they add in the K/D for a small bump up or down.

> 2533274793650320;4:
> My Swat csr is diamond 1… Yet i really suck at it. Makes me feel better about my ineptitude. so for a while until it’s fixed… I feel like I’m really good at being mediocre. Lol.

Thats awesome :wink:

Performance does not matter in Halo 5. The only ‘skill’ system is win/loss base for Halo 5.
343i’s Josh Holmes said that if one teams rank is a lot higher than yours, and you win, you’lll gain a big boost. If you loose, you’ll lose less and vice versa for the more skilled team.

So each player probably had different games where they were being carried or playing with more skilled players whilst others weren’t

> 2533274828339225;10:
> I don’t know how much stock to put into my CSR at this point. I’m having a hard time getting above Gold 2 as I’m struggling to consistently win games. I tend to come near the top of the leaderboard most games, whether it’s slayer or an objective based game, but we might still lose. So I’m struggling to advance.
> Is progression based solely on W/L?

Thats what i’ve seen. Which is unfortunate because you could get matched with teammates less skilled as you for multiple matches in a row and even if you hold your own against the winning team, you still lose rank after each loss.
Personally, I don’t think that system is fair or accurate but at the same time, it is just a game after all.

> 2533274816702503;14:
>

Ranking IS broken. My original post shows that. And btw KD DOES matter in slayer gametypes, swat is a slayer variant.

> 2533274816702503;14:
>

Ranking IS broken. My original post shows that. And btw KD DOES matter in slayer gametypes, swat is a slayer variant.