When are the "forge maps" going to be added..

Into matchmaking? Specifically any variant of Erosion, Impact, or Ravine? There’s what, 11 maps in this game…, I swear I’ve only played…5 of them in matchmaking. and I don’t know about everyone else but I’m getting bored of Ragnarock, Haven, and Exile 24/7.

I would like a playlist with nothing but community made maps

THERE ARE 11 MAPS!?

I swore this was Halo 4 : Haven???

They really need to randomize the map voting a little more, or make it more than 3 maps that pop up.

> I would like a playlist with nothing but community made maps

I second this as well.
I’m getting very bored with the current playlists which is sad because I did have a lot of fun with it, its just theres no variety because its the same damn maps over and over - When there COULD be more, right now if they just updated the playlists…

When 343 gets tired of hearing the same valid complaints of asking for more variety. Then you shall have your Forged maps, which this game in need of some good, arena style 4 v 4 maps.

“Im bored of the same 5 maps over and over”

And rightly you are supposed to be! (In the eyes of 343).

You arew supposed to be bored of the maps so you spend more money on the map packs when they get released - maps which are likely already created or at the very least designed.

Well its not even just forge maps I want…I don’t think I’ve ever played Longbow, Abandon, or Solace…

> I would like a playlist with nothing but community made maps

I’ve been suggesting this since reach.

It won’t happen until 343i has released all the DLC, becasue they won’t want their DLC overshadowed by community maps.

> > I would like a playlist with nothing but community made maps
>
> I’ve been suggesting this since reach.
>
> It won’t happen until 343i has released all the DLC, becasue they won’t want their DLC overshadowed by community maps.

I really hope thats not the case, I wasn’t planning on buying the maps any way…
I was just hoping Halo 4 was going to have more than 5 maps to play.

Why did they even develop Ravine, Erosion, and Impact if they’re not even going to have them on playlists?

I couldn’t agree more. Even though I spent a lot of time in Forge during Reach, I hated a lot of the community maps. But, I feel the environments and aesthetic alterations we are given in Halo 4 allow for great community maps that deserve to be in playlists.

> “Im bored of the same 5 maps over and over”
>
>
> And rightly you are supposed to be! (In the eyes of 343).
>
> You arew supposed to be bored of the maps so you spend more money on the map packs when they get released - maps which are likely already created or at the very least designed.

Well…The game did go gold about a month before it’s release…Did you want them to sit idle during that time?

> > “Im bored of the same 5 maps over and over”
> >
> >
> > And rightly you are supposed to be! (In the eyes of 343).
> >
> > You arew supposed to be bored of the maps so you spend more money on the map packs when they get released - maps which are likely already created or at the very least designed.
>
> Well…The game did go gold about a month before it’s release…Did you want them to sit idle during that time?

Im sure that in the days when DLC map packs had not yet been dreamed up - they were capable of keeping themselves occupied for a month after “going gold”

no?

Even if they’re working on new maps, is it really difficult to flip a switch that adds the default variants from the forge maps into playlists?

> “Im bored of the same 5 maps over and over”
>
>
> And rightly you are supposed to be! (In the eyes of 343).
>
> You arew supposed to be bored of the maps so you spend more money on the map packs when they get released - maps which are likely already created or at the very least designed.

Actually the first one is due next month lol It’s called the Crimson Map Pack, coming with 3 maps called Wreckage, Harvest (take a wild guess which planet this map takes place on), and Shattered.

I’m really tempted to just put Halo 4 down because of this, I mean I really enjoy it but its hard to come by good custom games and I really only play for matchmaking which is extremely limited right now. I mean the file share isn’t even working properly and it doesn’t sound like any of this is going to be fixed any time soon.

Thoughts?

The forge maps, for the most part, are usually awful and dull (not saying normal maps can’t be either). I hope they don’t add them to “normal” matchmaking. If they want to do a user created content playlist I’d be all for that.

> The forge maps, for the most part, are usually awful and dull (not saying normal maps can’t be either). I hope they don’t add them to “normal” matchmaking. If they want to do a user created content playlist I’d be all for that.

I hope they add them to a “big team battle” playlist, rather than just slayer.

Forge maps need to stay in there OWN playlist and stay out of my ranked playlist. Forge maps ruins gameplay and Halo all together.

> Forge maps need to stay in there OWN playlist and stay out of my ranked playlist. Forge maps ruins gameplay and Halo all together.

You mean stagnation of the same maps over and over doesn’t?

I’m just talking about the default ones, not the user created ones, jeez.